Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2014 2:20:28 PM EDT
Just finished watching the 8 part season. Thought it was awesome!

I liked how they touched on the metaphysical stuff just enough to keep it interesting without making it a sci-fi fantasy trip.

I've always liked Woody and Matthew in their roles.

And A+ for all the hot brunette action.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 3:13:29 PM EDT
[#1]
It was a great series.  

Perfect writing, direction and acting.  I was actually a bit surprised at how good Woody and Matthew were but they owned their parts.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 7:26:07 PM EDT
[#2]
i thought it was awesome too, lets hope season 2 can compare...
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 5:39:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Loved it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 6:28:03 PM EDT
[#4]
If you liked True Detective you will love The Leftovers.  It's about how a small percentage of the population disappeared a few years ago, and it shows how normal people live their lives in light of that fact.  Just riveting.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 7:57:11 PM EDT
[#5]
You dont get much more gritty than this series.  It was brutal in a lot of ways.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 1:01:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Great show.
Season 2 has some high expectations to meet.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:08:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you liked True Detective you will love The Leftovers.  It's about how a small percentage of the population disappeared a few years ago, and it shows how normal people live their lives in light of that fact.  Just riveting.
View Quote

Gotta disagree. I got to episode 6 and just couldn't take it anymore. Builds up decent suspense, but never delivers.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:11:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Loved it, plus I knew where most of the locations were.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:57:25 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Gotta disagree. I got to episode 6 and just couldn't take it anymore. Builds up decent suspense, but never delivers.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I watched the entire season of Leftovers and it's no where near as good as True Detectives.

I just started watching TD again and again blown away by the acting and writing.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:45:16 PM EDT
[#10]
One of my favorite shows, seriously its a must watch.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 2:52:26 PM EDT
[#11]
I was a bit on the fence as it reallllly took a long time developing the back story and the history of the characters...and I normally like that stuff, but I gotta say, that last half hour of the final episode was really, really good and made it worth it.

I'd like to talk more about it but it's just too new to put spoilers in yet......

I love Detective Noir so this was up my alley.  The cinematography was excellent, the music fit the filming....Woody and MM were excellent....all in all, very well done.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 12:30:44 AM EDT
[#12]
I love the intro song

Link Posted: 12/4/2014 12:39:39 AM EDT
[#13]
[Spam Bot - Removed - Paul]
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 11:09:51 PM EDT
[#14]
I loved the first 6.5 episodes. After an enthralling and brilliantly suspenseful buildup I thought the ending sucked. It felt hollow, rushed and cliche.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 11:14:26 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I loved the first 6.5 episodes. After an enthralling and brilliantly suspenseful buildup I thought the ending sucked. It felt hollow, rushed and cliche.
View Quote

I was almost the opposite, I thought it really drug through the first few but I was glad I stuck it out.  

Read up on "the King in Yellow"...it makes the story even more creepy.....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top