Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2014 1:33:19 PM EDT

I usually find the ratings on Rotten Tomatoes to be fairly reliable. I was in the mood to watch a movie yesterday, and Skeleton Twins was the only thing that looked interesting.
It had a high score on Rotten Tomatoes and the reviews were favourable, so I gave it a shot. I knew going in that it wasn't an action movie, but painfully slow doesn't begin to describe it. I don't mind slow pacing if the story is decent. With this film, I was bored to the point of almost walking out. I was never engaged at all. I didn't care about the characters or what happened to them.
It's a shame because it was filmed well and the acting was good (Kristen  Wiig does seem to play the same character in all her films though).
If you are looking for a date night movie, pass on this one. It's not even worth renting.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 6:30:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, the poster does have a 1:1 actor to sweater ratio, so that can't be good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top