Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2014 3:11:11 PM EDT
RED DAWN hit the theaters August 10, 1984

Celebrated by firing my first SBR for the first time. WOLVERINES!

Link Posted: 8/11/2014 4:16:44 PM EDT
[#1]
No way that was 30 years ago...is it?
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 5:36:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No way that was 30 years ago...is it?
View Quote

August 10, 1984 per wikipedia.

Red Dawn

This thread needs more trailer. The emergency broadcast voice used was a little unsettling back then.

Link Posted: 8/11/2014 5:45:27 PM EDT
[#3]
RIP Jed.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 5:46:23 PM EDT
[#4]
wow i was 10 when that movie came out
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 9:21:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I remember seeing it in the theater. IIRC it was the first movie with a PG-13 rating. I was blown away by this movie at the time (I was 16 or 17). I just watched the remake last week. What a steaming pile of crap that was.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 8:51:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I found a copy on DVD a couple of years ago. I was actually embarrassed for myself that I hadn't gotten this movie for my collection sooner.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 10:15:58 AM EDT
[#7]
My brother has the 2007 Collectors Edition DVD.  One of it's features was an onscreen counter that kept track of how many good guys and enemies get killed, plus each time a grenade or RPG was used.

The DVD also had interviews with cast and crew, plus behind the scene features on filming locations and prop design.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 11:03:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My brother has the 2007 Collectors Edition DVD.  One of it's features was an onscreen counter that kept track of how many good guys and enemies get killed, plus each time a grenade or RPG was used.

The DVD also had interviews with cast and crew, plus behind the scene features on filming locations and prop design.
View Quote

I wish that Collector's Edition DVD would have included the deleted scenes. To my knowledge the McDonalds restaurant scene and scenes that show a romance between Erica and Lt. Col. Tanner have never been released. Bits of those scenes appear in the trailer and in some preproduction movie photo stills, but not the theatrical release or any subsequent release to date.

Link Posted: 8/23/2014 5:15:55 AM EDT
[#9]
The original was leaps & bounds better than the remake!
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 6:45:29 AM EDT
[#10]
The original was an amazing movie.  Still stands tall, and proud, today.

The remake=vomitous mass of excrement.

Link Posted: 8/23/2014 7:09:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Being homebound awaiting surgery I had an unfortunate experience a few days ago. I saw that Red Dawn was showing on the TV. Being that I had never seen it and hearing people talk about it, I decided to watch it. What I did was wasted 2 hours of time that even looking out the window watching my grass grow would have been more entertaining, and served a better purpose.

Link Posted: 8/23/2014 10:18:21 AM EDT
[#12]
What didn't you like about it?
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 2:16:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:40:22 AM EDT
[#14]
It's one of those movies that if you watched as a teenager, it just stays with you.   Didn't see this at the theater but rather someone rented it and a bunch of us watched it after football practice.   Hell, I still give a silent cheer when Jed and the boys are trying to get past that roadblock in the beginning and one of our helicopters takes out the roadblock  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top