Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2014 8:56:41 AM EDT
I just saw we have this sub forum and didn't get a lot of replies in GD so I thought I would ask here.

I have a older receiver (Carver AVR100) but the left channel keeps distorting for like 5-10 min when I first turn it on and haven't had time to look into fixing it and not sure if it is even worth it.

Been checking Craigslist but haven't really found anything. Looking to spend under $200 and I made a list of some refurbished ones under that price. Any thoughts on any of them? or whether a stereo or a 5.1 receiver is better? I only want it for the music but figured they would work fine with 2 channels.

I'm playing either 320kbps MP3s or some FLAC from my PC to current stereo to a pair of Polk Monitor 55T speakers.

Stereo
ONKYO TX-8020
DENON DRA-297
YAMAHA R-S300
Onkyo TX-8050

ONKYO TX-SR313
DENON AVR-1513
DENON AVR-E200
DENON AVR-1312
ONKYO HT-RC430
DENON AVR-E300
YAMAHA RX-V377
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 7:44:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I would go with Yamaha's RX-A1030 or their RX-A3030 if you have the funds...   There are older A/V Yamaha receivers out there, but you get what you for!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top