Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2014 12:02:30 AM EDT
I just realized today that this is releasing next weekend. Supposedly, the release is limited, but I'm unable to find out how limited. I'm really hoping that it's in a theater near me.

The Raid: Redemption, for those who might now know, is a movie in which an Indonesian SWAT team goes floor to floor through a huge apartment building that's basically owned by the local crime boss. They try to clear everyone out and take down the big bad, but it all goes south a few floors in after they're discovered. Most of the building's residents (criminals, druggies, scum, etc) are trying to take the SWAT team out to get on the crime boss's good side. The movie then turns into a long, drawn-out fight sequence as the SWAT team tries to get out alive. It's a fantastic martial arts flick, and it showcases the Indonesian martial art of Pencak Silat, which isn't something that's been shown off in a huge number of movies.

The Raid 2 is the sequel. Apparently, it picks up shortly after the first movie ends, and the protagonist is going undercover to try and go further up the criminal food chain to bring down those who are pulling the strings. I'm really excited.

Some violence and minor spoilers in the trailers below, but nothing much more than what I mentioned above.

Link Posted: 3/23/2014 3:25:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 3:28:50 AM EDT
[#2]
It came out before Dredd.  Damn fun movie. I liked Dredd as well
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 8:10:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Both movies, Dredd and The Raid, were awesome in their own right. The Raid 2 will definitely watch - really liked the first movie.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 10:59:00 PM EDT
[#4]
The Raid Redemption was awesome.  I'll definitely see the sequel.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 11:27:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Raid Redemption was awesome.  I'll definitely see the sequel.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/30/2014 9:55:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Supposedly NYC and L.A. were the only places to get it this weekend.

Next weekend, three other cities including Chicago get it so I will see it then.

The weekend after it is supposed to go wide.
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 11:34:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It came out before Dredd.  Damn fun movie. I liked Dredd as well
View Quote

IIRC, Dredd was in production first, but it doesn't matter.
Both films are great.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 2:44:30 AM EDT
[#8]
it was a good kick flick(I liked the first one more).
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:56:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
it was a good kick flick(I liked the first one more).
View Quote

It's close but I agree. It was still really awesome though. It was a tad long, could have used some more time in the cutting room but that's my only gripe. Way more production value in this one, even more innovative fight choreography and camerawork. The karambit fight at the end is about as brutal as it gets.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:13:46 PM EDT
[#10]
awesome movie
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 8:17:23 AM EDT
[#11]
I saw this a month or so ago. I had all the intentions of going to see Captain America that day, but when I looked up the movie times and to my surprise I saw this was in the same theater, I immediately changed my mind and saw this instead. It was good, but not as good as the first. It was subtitled, if anyone cares. Good fight scenes, and uber violent.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 1:00:49 PM EDT
[#12]
1) HAMMER GIRL !

2) I practice Modern Arnis, and really enjoyed the fact they used karambit's instead of generic knifes.

3) HAMMER GIRL !
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top