Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 19
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 10:57:31 PM EDT
[#1]
If anyone has room on their prayer list, please pray for the healing of my marriage and a rekindling of the love that once existed for me in my wife’s heart.  We have been married for 12 years and have three young children.

Thank you
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 12:14:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By volksjager:
If anyone has room on their prayer list, please pray for the healing of my marriage and a rekindling of the love that once existed for me in my wife’s heart.  We have been married for 12 years and have three young children.

Thank you
View Quote

Consider it done
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 10:57:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By G1F2-EE:

Consider it done
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By volksjager:

Thank you

Consider it done

Link Posted: 11/10/2020 2:28:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I keep suffering from relapsing bouts into impurity online, it's gotten controlled with time but it just keeps happening when I least consciously want it to, and yet I listen to temptation time and time again.

Pray for me and all those sinners of the 6th and 9th Commandments if you can.
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 4:21:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By AKzgalore:
I keep suffering from relapsing bouts into impurity online, it's gotten controlled with time but it just keeps happening when I least consciously want it to, and yet I listen to temptation time and time again.

View Quote

I could of typed this out myself. Prayers sent and needed.
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 12:52:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By HEATSEAKER:

View All Quotes

Prayers for both.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 8:50:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gamma762] [#7]
Humbly request prayers for a medical problem. Part is the problem itself, that it's not as bad as it might be, and part is the amount I'm worrying about it. Procedure is thursday.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 11:56:07 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

View Quote

It takes a lot of courage to admit that publicly.  May your courage and contrition serve you as a sign of hope as Holy Scripture assures us in Psalms, "A sacrifice to God is an afflicted spirit: a contrite and humbled heart, O God, thou wilt not despise."

You have my prayers tonight before bed and tomorrow at Mass.  Posting a specific one below in case you choose to you use it.

"Dearest Jesus! I know well that every perfect gift, and above all others that of chastity, depends upon the most powerful assistance of Your Providence, and that without You a creature can do nothing. Therefore, I pray You to defend, with Your grace, chastity and purity in my soul as well as in my body. And if I have ever received through my senses any impression that could stain my chastity and purity, may You, Who are the Supreme Lord of all my powers, take it from me, that I may with an immaculate heart advance in Your love and service, offering myself chaste all the days of my life on the most pure altar of Your Divinity. Amen."

Originally Posted By Gamma762:
Humbly request prayers for a medical problem. Part is the problem itself, that it's not as bad as it might be, and part is the amount I'm worrying about it. Procedure is thursday.
View Quote

Consider it done, sir.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 1:46:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I could use some prayers guys. Marriage problems.
Thank you
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 12:20:15 AM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

How did your procedure go @Gamma762 ? any update?
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 12:20:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By USA1st:
Thank you
View Quote

Done
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 10:22:29 PM EDT
[#12]
I need prayers for my family, that my children will know and ask and accept Jesus's forgiveness and be ignited and filled with God's Holy spirit. I have not been a good spiritual leader of my house, so that I am very ashamed and concerned that I have or lack the knowledge or ability to witness them to God. I pray that God provides whatever it is needed for all my 4 kid's sake. And forgiveness for my failures in my children and my wife, that we can be as we should and not at odds we each other at times. That my prayers aren't selfish and my heart is pure.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 9:07:49 PM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes

Thank you, procedure went ok, was not as bad as I'd feared, although the resolution was kind of up in the air for a couple weeks. That part seems to be on the mend. New problem though, now I have a blood clot
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 5:54:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: abnk] [#14]
Originally Posted By USA1st:
Thank you
View Quote

Consider it done.  My apologies to all for not checking this thread regularly, but I will aim to do better.  Good thing God works outside of time.

Originally Posted By ManiacMechanic:
I need prayers for my family, that my children will know and ask and accept Jesus's forgiveness and be ignited and filled with God's Holy spirit. I have not been a good spiritual leader of my house, so that I am very ashamed and concerned that I have or lack the knowledge or ability to witness them to God. I pray that God provides whatever it is needed for all my 4 kid's sake. And forgiveness for my failures in my children and my wife, that we can be as we should and not at odds we each other at times. That my prayers aren't selfish and my heart is pure.
View Quote

Today is the Feast of the Most Holy Name of Jesus.  When I pray the Litany of the Most Holy Name of Jesus tonight, it will be dedicated for all your intentions above.  I hope I'm not taking too much liberty by offering unsolicited advice, but based on the authority that God has given you over your children, you can bless them as often as you want.  It doesn't have to be complicated.  I use the following for my children every night while making the sign of the cross on their foreheads with holy water, "Benedícat et custódiat te omnípotens et miséricors Dóminus, ✠ Pater, et Fílius, et Spíritus Sanctus. Amen. (The almighty and merciful Lord, ✠ the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, bless you and keep you. Amen.)"
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:45:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Having a pretty hard time loving my enemies right now.  Would appreciate your prayers that He may dissipate the hate in my heart and replace it with love.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 11:55:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Having a pretty hard time loving my enemies right now.  Would appreciate your prayers that He may dissipate the hate in my heart and replace it with love.
View Quote

Brother, abnk - you, me and about 80,000,000 others...

with God's love, mercy, and grace -we will get by, will prosper, and prevail!

Link Posted: 2/6/2021 9:48:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By BeNotAfraid:

Brother, abnk - you, me and about 80,000,000 others...

with God's love, mercy, and grace -we will get by, will prosper, and prevail!

View Quote

Thanks, brother.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 12:16:08 AM EDT
[#18]
My Mother died yesterday at the age of 94. She had seen much and been through hard times most of her life. She was the kindest, most gentle woman I have ever known. She was raised as Christian, my grandfather was a preacher, as was his father and two of his brothers And I don't know how many generations before.
My Mama went to her room every night and read and truly studied the Bible, she loved Jesus with her whole heart and soul. She had a routine, 9.30, off to her room, read God's Word until 11.00 and then she would pray for her children, her family and the world until she fell asleep.

I realized early this morning about 3am that for the first time in over 60 years she would pray for me no more. No matter the miles that separated us, I took much comfort when I looked at the clock and knew she was there, with her Bible, and her prayers were going out for me to her Good Lord.

So if any of y'all could remember me in your prayers, I would be greatful for I have lost the one prayer I could always count on.

Thank you all and may the Lord's blessing be with each and every one of you.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 8:56:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Joshka] [#19]
Hey all,

I need some prayer, I cannot share details because some people here know me in real life but my wife and I are having marital problems. I think prayers for softening of our hearts, for restoration, and wisdom would be beneficial. Thank you guys.

ETA punctuation
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 12:57:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Joshka:
Hey all,

I need some prayer, I cannot share details because some people here know me in real life but my wife and I are having marital problems. I think prayers for softening of our hearts, for restoration, and wisdom would be beneficial. Thank you guys.

ETA punctuation
View Quote

Sorry to say ,-  been slacking checking this thread.  Hope you & your wife are doing well, Prayers for continued restoration
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 1:00:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By keninnavarre:
My Mother died yesterday at the age of 94. She had seen much and been through hard times most of her life. She was the kindest, most gentle woman I have ever known. She was raised as Christian, my grandfather was a preacher, as was his father and two of his brothers And I don't know how many generations before.
My Mama went to her room every night and read and truly studied the Bible, she loved Jesus with her whole heart and soul. She had a routine, 9.30, off to her room, read God's Word until 11.00 and then she would pray for her children, her family and the world until she fell asleep.

I realized early this morning about 3am that for the first time in over 60 years she would pray for me no more. No matter the miles that separated us, I took much comfort when I looked at the clock and knew she was there, with her Bible, and her prayers were going out for me to her Good Lord.

So if any of y'all could remember me in your prayers, I would be greatful for I have lost the one prayer I could always count on.

View Quote

Continued Prayers your way
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:44:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Joshka:
Hey all,

ETA punctuation
View Quote

Added to my prayers.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:45:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By keninnavarre:

View Quote

You are added to my prayers
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 3:26:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Need Some Prayer. Not really sure what to do.  I got a call from my landlord this morning that he is going to sell the place that I am staying. I have a few options and not sure what to do. I can either buy the condo from him and live here. I can move to another place. I really don't want to stay in IOWA. I mean, its nice but my family is out of state.

Link Posted: 7/11/2021 12:09:18 PM EDT
[#25]
I could use some. My girlfriend died suddenly on the 29th.
On top of all that, I expect to be homeless in about a month, due to her not taking care of the tasks that she should have.

Make a will. Make sure your wishes are known. Have your finances in order, just in case.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 3:59:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HEATSEAKER] [#26]
Originally Posted By Schlange:
On top of all that, I expect to be homeless in about a month, due to her not taking care of the tasks that she should have.

Make a will. Make sure your wishes are known. Have your finances in order, just in case.
View Quote

Sorry to hear. Will pray that you will find peace and take your advice on preparing for an unexpected passing. As a bachelor I tend to put off such things because it makes me depressed to think about but we owe it to our grieving loved ones to not be a post-mortem pain in the rear.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 4:32:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Punisher] [#27]
Prayers please, for my son who is struggling with epileptic seizures and the impact they are having on his life, and the depression because of the diagnosis.
Thank you!!!!
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 5:19:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By The_Punisher:
Prayers please, for my son who is struggling with epileptic seizures and the impact they are having on his life, and the depression because of the diagnosis.
Thank you!!!!
View Quote

Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 1:54:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By B62stew:
Need Some Prayer. Not really sure what to do.  I got a call from my landlord this morning that he is going to sell the place that I am staying. I have a few options and not sure what to do. I can either buy the condo from him and live here. I can move to another place. I really don't want to stay in IOWA. I mean, its nice but my family is out of state.

View Quote

Prayers your way for guidance
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 1:55:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Schlange:

View Quote

Sorry for your loss
Prayers your way
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 1:57:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By The_Punisher:
Thank you!!!!
View Quote

Prayers for your son, you & your family
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 9:11:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: oldskewlsk8ter] [#32]
My family could use some prayers. My entire household is covid positive. My boys, 17 and 18, don't seem to be too sick, and the gf is ok so far but I'm starting to get sicker by the day. Supposed to get the infusion tomorrow, and I started ivermectin along with a bunch of other stuff but I won't lie, it's got me a little rattled. I smoked for 30 years and even though I quit 5 years ago I still struggle with chronic congestion and sinus issues.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 4:52:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By oldskewlsk8ter:
My family could use some prayers. My entire household is covid positive. My boys, 17 and 18, don't seem to be too sick, and the gf is ok so far but I'm starting to get sicker by the day. Supposed to get the infusion tomorrow, and I started ivermectin along with a bunch of other stuff but I won't lie, it's got me a little rattled. I smoked for 30 years and even though I quit 5 years ago I still struggle with chronic congestion and sinus issues.
View Quote

A little late, but prayers sent. How are you holding up?
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 12:06:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Mint:

View All Quotes

@oldskewlsk8ter

How are you folks doing? Continued prayers
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 9:40:59 PM EDT
[#35]

@oldskewlsk8ter

View All Quotes

@oldskewlsk8ter

Thanks. We all came out fine. It's still hitting our area pretty hard though.
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 10:54:03 PM EDT
[#36]
View All Quotes

@oldskewlsk8ter

Link Posted: 10/7/2021 12:38:26 PM EDT
[#37]
I'll play.

I'd like my money problems to be taken care of so I can devote my time to the Lord's work.  I won't go into detail.
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 11:03:36 AM EDT
[#38]
I think prayers for the conversion of Gaige Grosskreutz would be appropriate.

After watching the testimony and cross-examination yesterday, for a decent chunk of it he a seems like reasonable and even honest guy.  Clearly, he is not honest and quite evil in his beliefs, but still, God created him to serve and to love Him.  I don't know about everyone else, but I certainly could pray more for the conversion of commies.  This seems to be like a good one to pray for right now.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 10:45:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By DocApocalypse:
I'll play.

I'd like my money problems to be taken care of so I can devote my time to the Lord's work.  I won't go into detail.
View Quote

I will pray in earnest but go about Gods work regardless.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 9:49:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By angelfire:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By angelfire:
Originally Posted By DocApocalypse:
I'll play.

To be more specific, I would love to give a lot more money to the church.  They are implementing some programs which I strongly believe in; I just don't have the resources to give as much as I'd like.  I would love to be able to finance major portions of their programs since it's a small church and their ambitions are huge.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 2:59:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Had a new job offer and was supposed to start Wednesday (CDL driver).  Today I don't have that new job anymore.  I don't actually need to work (100% disabled through VA), but I'm trying to stay active.

Apparently, I'm supposed to learn something, but I'm not really sure what it is.  Would you please pray for me that I learn whatever it is God wants me to?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 9:59:59 PM EDT
[#42]
I could use prayers asking God to give me peace and comfort in this time of my health problem and how it's affecting the rest of my family and friends. God's will be done. Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 10:11:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Praying for you
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 10:40:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Watch_this71:
Had a new job offer and was supposed to start Wednesday (CDL driver).  Today I don't have that new job anymore.  I don't actually need to work (100% disabled through VA), but I'm trying to stay active.

Apparently, I'm supposed to learn something, but I'm not really sure what it is.  Would you please pray for me that I learn whatever it is God wants me to?

Thanks in advance.
View Quote

Originally Posted By IdahoDoug:
I could use prayers asking God to give me peace and comfort in this time of my health problem and how it's affecting the rest of my family and friends. God's will be done. Thanks guys.
View Quote

Will do tonight.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 11:19:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By abnk:

Will do tonight.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By abnk:
Originally Posted By Watch_this71:

Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted By IdahoDoug:

Will do tonight.

Prayers
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 8:46:18 AM EDT
[#46]
Hopefully not too much to read, but....

I just came out of retirement to start a new job for a local family owned Christian business, and it has been a blessing and has rekindled my desire to get right with our creator again. I can find work literally anywhere with my skillset, but I feel like I was led to this particular business despite the 70% pay cut from what I earned 2 years ago. There's way more to this life than money, and I love the energy and people there. At the interview, the owner and I both agreed  that me arriving at that place and time was not a random occurrence.

I was unable to even walk unassisted this morning and fear losing the job before I'm even out of training, and that would crush me. Not financially, as I have a military pension already to meet my money needs, but spiritually, as I already have established mentors there after just one week. I've been away from the word for nearly 15 years before this and am struggling. This employer is the life preserver I didn't know how much I needed.

If you have a chance, please include a prayer for my healing so I can resume my journey back to where I belong.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:36:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By lighteye67:

I just came out of retirement to start a new job for a local family owned Christian business, and it has been a blessing and has rekindled my desire to get right with our creator again. I can find work literally anywhere with my skillset, but I feel like I was led to this particular business despite the 70% pay cut from what I earned 2 years ago. There's way more to this life than money, and I love the energy and people there. At the interview, the owner and I both agreed  that me arriving at that place and time was not a random occurrence.

I was unable to even walk unassisted this morning and fear losing the job before I'm even out of training, and that would crush me. Not financially, as I have a military pension already to meet my money needs, but spiritually, as I already have established mentors there after just one week. I've been away from the word for nearly 15 years before this and am struggling. This employer is the life preserver I didn't know how much I needed.

If you have a chance, please include a prayer for my healing so I can resume my journey back to where I belong.
View Quote

You will have my prayers this morning.

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 3:18:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By monadh:

View Quote

I made it into my first service since 2007 this morning and had a great time. Thank you, I appreciate d it!
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 12:27:38 AM EDT
[#49]

I made it into my first service since 2007 this morning and had a great time. Thank you, I appreciate d it!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By monadh:

I am glad to hear it. I don't know much, but what I do know is that God wants a relationship with you more than you want one with Him. Making that possible is why Jesus died on the cross for all of us. Don't stop seeking for Him because the Bible promises that if you seek for Him, He will be found by you, and that is worth more than anything this world has to offer.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 1:55:44 AM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

Prayers your way, also;

Have faith- if you feel you were led to that business, and you both agree it was not a random occurrence, know there is a reason you
are there, trust in God.  Know that it is part of his plan.

Good on you for wanting to get right with God!  Know also that satan will fight you on this, and try to throw roadblocks in your way.

Have faith, & stay strong in the Lord!
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top