User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 9:04:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By G1F2-EE:
Scripture of the day from Bible Gateway;
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant
mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ
from the dead,

To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven
for you,

Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time."

1 Peter 1, 3-5
View Quote

Amen!
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 9:16:49 AM EDT
[#2]
'For he hath founded it upon the seas; and hath prepared it upon the rivers. Who shall ascend into the mountain of the Lord: or who shall stand in his holy place? The innocent in hands, and clean of heart, who hath not taken his soul in vain, nor sworn deceitfully to his neighbour. He shall receive a blessing from the Lord, and mercy from God his Saviour. This is the generation of them that seek him, of them that seek the face of the God of Jacob. '

Psalms 23:2-6
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 8:21:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Almighty and everlasting God, the Comfort of the sad, the Strength of sufferers, let the prayers of those that cry out of any tribulation come unto Thee, that all may rejoice to find that Thy mercy is present with them in their afflictions; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. —Gelasian Sacramentary, 5th Century
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 7:33:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Prayer at Dawn by Saint Gregory -

I rise and pledge myself, Lord, that this day I shall do no evil deed, but offer every moment as a sacrifice to You. I blush when I remember my sinfulness; I shudder when to recall how I have betrayed You. Yet You know that now I want only to serve You. Make me this day Your devoted servant.
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 11:38:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Epistle for Tomorrow:

‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭4‬:‭23‬-‭28‬
“And be renewed in the spirit of your mind: And put on the new man, who according to God is created in justice and holiness of truth. Wherefore putting away lying, speak ye the truth every man with his neighbour; for we are members one of another. Be angry, and sin not. Let not the sun go down upon your anger. Give not place to the devil. He that stole, let him now steal no more; but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have something to give to him that suffereth need.”

Deo Gratias!‬
Link Posted: 10/8/2023 10:38:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Gospel reading from today:

‭‭St Matthew‬ ‭22‬:‭1‬-‭14‬ ‭
“AND Jesus answering, spoke again in parables to them, saying: The kingdom of heaven is likened to a king, who made a marriage for his son. And he sent his servants, to call them that were invited to the marriage; and they would not come. Again he sent other servants, saying: Tell them that were invited, Behold, I have prepared my dinner; my beeves and fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come ye to the marriage. But they neglected, and went their own ways, one to his farm, and another to his merchandise. And the rest laid hands on his servants, and having treated them contumeliously, put them to death. But when the king had heard of it, he was angry, and sending his armies, he destroyed those murderers, and burnt their city. Then he saith to his servants: The marriage indeed is ready; but they that were invited were not worthy. Go ye therefore into the highways; and as many as you shall find, call to the marriage. And his servants going forth into the ways, gathered together all that they found, both bad and good: and the marriage was filled with guests. And the king went in to see the guests: and he saw there a man who had not on a wedding garment. And he saith to him: Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? But he was silent. Then the king said to the waiters: Bind his hands and feet, and cast him into the exterior darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. For many are called, but few are chosen.”

Laus tibi, Christe!‬‬

And pray for the people of Israel today
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 8:33:29 AM EDT
[#7]
My Lord, the King of Peace;
In Your name we give thanks, in Your name we beseech You, grant mercy upon the nation of Israel;
Steady their sword and fill it with righteous judgement, to be wielded under the faith of God the Father almighty!
But above all, shield the innocents and grant them peace, take those who fall, lovingly into Your arms, Lord;
Grant peace to the land on which You once walked, the land baptized by Your crucifixion, the land of our fathers,
forever and always.  Amen.

@TxLewis
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 12:41:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Many thanks.

Link Posted: 10/10/2023 8:36:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Merciful Lord, the Comforter and Teacher of Thy faithful people, increase in Thy Church the desires which Thou hast given, and confirm the hearts of those who hope in Thee by enabling them to understand the depth of Thy promises, that all Thine adopted sons may even now behold, with the eyes of faith, and patiently wait for, the light which as yet Thou dost not openly manifest; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. —Ambrose. 4th century
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 9:18:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Mercifully receive, O Lord, the prayers of Thy people, that all adversities and errors may be destroyed, and they may serve Thee in quiet freedom, and give Thy peace in our times; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. —Leonine Sacramentary, 5th Century.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 7:37:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gullskjegg] [#11]
Psalm 129

Out of the depths I cry to thee, O Lord!
Lord, hear my voice!
Let thy ears be attentive
to the voice of my supplications!

If thou, O Lord, shouldst mark iniquities,
Lord, who could stand?
But there is forgiveness with thee,
that thou mayest be feared.

I wait for the Lord, my soul waits,
and in his word I hope;
my soul waits for the Lord
more than watchmen for the morning,
more than watchmen for the morning.

O Israel, hope in the Lord!
For with the Lord there is steadfast love,
and with him is plenteous redemption.
And he will redeem Israel
from all his iniquities.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 9:43:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gullskjegg] [#12]
Ephesians 6:10-18, 23-24

'Finally, brethren, be strengthened in the Lord, and in the might of his power. Put you on the armour of God, that you may be able to stand against the deceits of the devil. For our wrestling is not against flesh and blood; but against principalities and power, against the rulers of the world of this darkness, against the spirits of wickedness in the high places. Therefore take unto you the armour of God, that you may be able to resist in the evil day, and to stand in all things perfect. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of justice, And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace: In all things taking the shield of faith, wherewith you may be able to extinguish all the fiery darts of the most wicked one. And take unto you the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit (which is the word of God). By all prayer and supplication praying at all times in the spirit; and in the same watching with all instance and supplication for all the saints: Peace be to the brethren and charity with faith, from God the Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ. Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in incorruption. Amen.'
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 12:36:29 PM EDT
[#13]
20th Sunday after Pentecost, tomorrow
Ephesians 5: 15-21

Brethren: See how you walk
circumspectly, not as unwise, but as
wise; redeeming the time, because the
days are evil. Wherefore, become not
unwise, but understanding what is the
will of God. And be not drunk with
wine, wherein is luxury: but be ye filled
with the Holy Spirit, speaking to
yourselves in psalms and hymns and
spiritual canticles, singing and making melody in your hearts to the Lord:
giving thanks always for all things, in
the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ, to
God and the Father; being subject one
to another in the fear of Christ.

Deo Gratias!
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 10:58:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Gospel reading for today:
‭‭St John‬ ‭4‬:‭46‬-‭53‬ ‭

“He came again therefore into Cana of Galilee, where he made the water wine. And there was a certain ruler, whose son was sick at Capharnaum. He having heard that Jesus was come from Judea into Galilee, went to him, and prayed him to come down, and heal his son; for he was at the point of death. Jesus therefore said to him: Unless you see signs and wonders, you believe not. The ruler saith to him: Lord, come down before that my son die. Jesus saith to him: Go thy way; thy son liveth. The man believed the word which Jesus said to him, and went his way. And as he was going down, his servants met him; and they brought word, saying, that his son lived. He asked therefore of them the hour wherein he grew better. And they said to him: Yesterday, at the seventh hour, the fever left him. The father therefore knew, that it was at the same hour that Jesus said to him, Thy son liveth; and himself believed, and his whole house.”

Laus tibi, Christe!‬‬
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 10:09:17 AM EDT
[#15]
O God, the God of spirits and of all flesh, who art beyond compare, and standest in need of nothing, who hast given the sun to have rule over the day, and the moon and the stars to have rule over the night, do Thou now also look down upon us with gracious eyes, and receive our morning thanksgivings, and have mercy upon us; for we have not “spread out our hands unto a strange God;” for there is not among us any new God, but Thou, the eternal God, who art without end, who hast given us our being through Christ, and given us our well-being through Him. Do Thou vouchsafe us also, through Him, eternal life; with whom glory, and honour, and worship be to Thee and to the Holy Spirit forever. Amen. —Apostolic Constitutions, 4th Century
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 7:57:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Lord Jesus, my High Priest;
forgive me for this selfish prayer:
As I am in You, and You are in me;
allow me to glorify You but not myself,
allow me to praise You but no other,
grant me the strength to lead my family in piety and righteousness.
As Your lowly servant;
I beseech You, fill my soul with love and wipe away my affliction,
replace my anxiety with affection.
Give me valor, but also humility,
to be the priest of my home.
I’m scattered, my Lord, and I need You more than ever.  Amen
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 6:25:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gullskjegg] [#17]
It is good to mistrust ourselves, but how would that advantage us were we not to throw all our confidence on God, and to wait on His mercy? If you feel no such confidence, cease not on that account from making these acts and from saying to Our Lord: “Yet, O Lord, though I have no feeling of confidence in You, nevertheless, I know that You are my God, that I am all Yours, and that I have no hope but in Your goodness; so, I abandon myself entirely into Your Hands.” It is always in our power to make these acts; although we have difficulty in performing them, still there is no impossibility. Thus we testify faithfulness to our Lord.  Confidence in God - St Francis De Sales
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 9:08:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Father in heaven, almighty God,
all the glory is given to You;
bless us on our journeys this day and those to come,
bless our families, our homes, and our neighbors,
bless all that we do and forgive all that we fail to do.
Forever and always.  Amen
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 8:01:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Gullskjegg:
Father in heaven, almighty God,
all the glory is given to You;
bless us on our journeys this day and those to come,
bless our families, our homes, and our neighbors,
bless all that we do and forgive all that we fail to do.
Forever and always.  Amen
View Quote

Amen.

Reading of the day;

"Do not fret because of those who are evil or be envious of those who do wrong;
for like the grass they will soon wither, like green plants they will soon die away.

Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.

Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this;

He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn, your vindication like the
noonday sun.

Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways,
when they carry out their wicked schemes.

Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret-it leads only to evil.

For those who are evil will be destroyed, but those who hope in the Lord will inherit the land.

Psalm 37, 1-9

Good read for all times, especially current times.  God is in control
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 5:25:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By G1F2-EE:

Amen.

Reading of the day;

"Do not fret because of those who are evil or be envious of those who do wrong;
for like the grass they will soon wither, like green plants they will soon die away.

Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.

Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this;

He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn, your vindication like the
noonday sun.

Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways,
when they carry out their wicked schemes.

Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret-it leads only to evil.

For those who are evil will be destroyed, but those who hope in the Lord will inherit the land.

Psalm 37, 1-9

Good read for all times, especially current times.  God is in control
View Quote

Amen
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 8:15:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Grant Thy servants, O God, to be set on fire with Thy Spirit, strengthened by Thy power, illuminated by Thy splendour, filled with Thy grace, and to go forward by Thine aid. Give them, O Lord, a right faith, perfect love, true humility. Grant, O Lord, that there may be in us simple affection, brave patience, persevering obedience, perpetual peace, a pure mind, a right and honest heart, a good will, a holy conscience, spiritual strength, a life unspotted and unblamable; and after having manfully finished our course, may we be enabled happily to enter into Thy kingdom; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. —Old Gallican Sacramentary, 3rd Century
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 8:09:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Epistle for tomorrow:

‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭6‬:‭10‬-‭17‬ ‭

“Finally, brethren, be strengthened in the Lord, and in the might of his power. Put you on the armour of God, that you may be able to stand against the deceits of the devil. For our wrestling is not against flesh and blood; but against principalities and power, against the rulers of the world of this darkness, against the spirits of wickedness in the high places. Therefore take unto you the armour of God, that you may be able to resist in the evil day, and to stand in all things perfect. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of justice, And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace: In all things taking the shield of faith, wherewith you may be able to extinguish all the fiery darts of the most wicked one. And take unto you the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit (which is the word of God).”

Deo Gratias!‬‬
Link Posted: 10/22/2023 8:19:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Gospel for today, 21st Sunday after Pentecost:

Matthew 18: 23-35

At that time, Jesus spoke to His
disciples this parable: The kingdom of
heaven is likened to a king, who would
take an account of his servants. And
when he had begun to take the
account, one was brought to him that
owed him ten thousand talents: and as
he had not wherewith to pay it, his lord
commanded that he should be sold,
and his wife and children, and all that
he had, and payment be made. But
that servant falling down, besought him
saying: Have patience with me, and I
will pay thee all. And the lord of that
servant, being moved with pity, let him
go and forgave him the debt. But when
that servant was gone out, he found
one of his fellow servants that owed
him a hundred pence: and laying hold
of him, he throttled him, saying: Pay
what thou owest. And his fellow-servant
falling down besought him, saying:
Have patience with me, and I will pay
thee all. And he would not but went and
cast him into prison till he paid the debt.
Now his fellow servants, seeing what
was done, were very much grieved;
and they came and told their lord all
that was done. Then his lord called him
and saith to him: Thou wicked servant,
I forgave thee all the debt, because
thou besought me; should not thou
have had compassion also on thy
fellow servant, even as I had
compassion on thee? And his lord
being angry, delivered him to the
torturers, until he paid all the debt. So
also shall my heavenly Father do to
you, if you forgive not every one his
brother from your hearts.

Laus tibi, Christe!
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 8:51:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Heavenly Father, we come before You today with hearts filled with love and ask Your protection for the Church from heresy, division, scandal, and harm. Shield it from persecution and grant strength to those who suffer for their faith. May Your Holy Church continue to be the true source of grace, healing, and salvation for all who seek Your truth and love. - Crusader Prayer
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 9:41:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Thou wicked servant,
compassion on thee?
View Quote

Yesterday's sermon was a homily on this passage.  Very convicting.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 11:31:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By abnk:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Thou wicked servant,
compassion on thee?

Very much so. And it’s a parable of purgatory, the debts must be paid.  Notice Jesus didn’t condemn the man to hell, only ordered him to pay his debts.  Also, “forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.”
I’ll point out, purgatory isn’t what most denominations have a misconception of.  It’s just the cleansing, no one with a stained soul enters heaven, you must be pure to be joined with God, purgatory is just the cleansing fire of our Lord.
Link Posted: 10/24/2023 7:36:32 AM EDT
[#27]
May the Lord Jesus Christ be with me, that He may defend me;
may He be within me, that He may conserve me;
may He be before me, that He may lead me;
may He be after me, that He may guard me;
may He be above me, that He may bless me,
with God the Father and Holy Spirit
who lives and reigns forever and ever.  Amen
- Fr Chad Ripperger
Link Posted: 10/24/2023 7:52:59 AM EDT
[#28]
May the Lord Jesus Christ be with me, that He may defend me;
may He be within me, that He may conserve me;
may He be before me, that He may lead me;
may He be after me, that He may guard me;
may He be above me, that He may bless me,
with God the Father and Holy Spirit
who lives and reigns forever and ever.  Amen
- Fr Chad Ripperger
View Quote
Waaay Amen
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 8:29:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Prayer to the Sacred Heart

Lord Jesus, let my heart never rest until it finds You, who are its center, its love, and its happiness.
By the wound in Your heart pardon the sins that I have committed whether out of malice or out of evil desires.
Place my weak heart in Your own divine Heart, continually under Your protection and guidance, so that I may persevere in doing good and in fleeing evil until my last breath.
Amen. - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 8:54:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Prayer to the Sacred Heart

Lord Jesus, let my heart never rest until it finds You, who are its center, its love, and its happiness.
By the wound in Your heart pardon the sins that I have committed whether out of malice or out of evil desires.
Place my weak heart in Your own divine Heart, continually under Your protection and guidance, so that I may persevere in doing good and in fleeing evil until my last breath.
Amen. - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque
View Quote

Amen.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 7:43:31 AM EDT
[#31]
For Holy Sorrow

My Lord Jesus Christ, two graces I beg of you before I die: the first is that in my lifetime I may feel, in my soul and in my body, as far as possible, that sorrow which you, sweet Jesus, endured in the hour of your bitter passion; the second is that I may feel in my heart, as far as possible, that abundance of love with which you, Son of God, were inflamed, so as willingly to endure so great a passion for us sinners. - St. Francis of Assisi
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 8:25:59 AM EDT
[#32]
For Holy Sorrow

My Lord Jesus Christ, two graces I beg of you before I die: the first is that in my lifetime I may feel, in my soul and in my body, as far as possible, that sorrow which you, sweet Jesus, endured in the hour of your bitter passion; the second is that I may feel in my heart, as far as possible, that abundance of love with which you, Son of God, were inflamed, so as willingly to endure so great a passion for us sinners. - St. Francis of Assisi
View Quote

Love this
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:22:19 AM EDT
[#33]
We render unto Thee our thanksgiving, O Lord our God, Father of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, by all means, at all times, in all places. For that Thou hast sheltered, assisted, supported, and led us on through the time past of our life, and brought us to this hour. And we pray and beseech Thee, O God and loving Lord, grant us to pass this day, this year, and all the time of our life without sin, with all joy, health, and salvation. But all envy, all fear, all temptation, all the working of Satan, do Thou drive away, O God, from us, and from Thy holy Church. Supply us with things good and profitable. Whereinsoever we have sinned against Thee, in word, or deed, or thought, be Thou pleased in Thy love and goodness to forgive, and forsake us not, O God, who hope in Thee, neither lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one and from his works; by the grace and compassion of Thine only begotten Son, Jesus Christ. Amen. —Liturgy of St. Mark, 3rd Century
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 9:02:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gullskjegg] [#34]
Epistle for tomorrow, the Feast of Christ the King!

Colossians 1: 12-20
Brethren, we give thanks to God the
Father, Who hath made us worthy to be
partakers of the lot of the saints in light:
Who hath delivered us from the power
of darkness, and hath translated us into
the kingdom of the Son of His love. In
Whom we have redemption through His
blood, the remission of sins; Who is the
image of the invisible God, the firstborn
of every creature: for in Him were all
things created in Heaven and on earth,
visible and invisible, whether thrones,
or dominations, or principalities, or
powers: aIl things were created by Him
and in Him. And He is before all, and by
Him all things consist. And He is the
head of the body, the Church. Who is
the beginning, the firstborn from the
dead; that in all things He may hold the
primacy: because in Him it hath well
pleased the Father that all fullness
should dwell; and through Him to
reconcile all things unto Himself,
making peace through the blood of His
cross, both as to the things that are on
earth, and the things that are in
Heaven, in Christ Jesus Our Lord.

From the Tridentine Mass for the feast day:
It is truly meet and just, right and for
our salvation, that we should at all
times and in all places, give thanks
unto Thee, O holy Lord, Father
almighty, everlasting God Who didst
anoint with the oil of gladness Thine
only-begotten Son, our Lord Jesus
Christ, eternal Priest and King of the
universe: that, offering Himself as a
stainless peace-offering on the altar of
the cross, He might fulfill the pledges of
man's redemption; and, having all
creatures subject to His power, might
deliver to Thy sublime majesty an
eternal and universal kingdom, a
kingdom of truth and life; a kingdom of
holiness and grace, a kingdom of
justice, love and peace. And therefore
with the Angels and Archangels, with
the Thrones and Dominations, and with
all the array of the heavenly host, we
sing a hymn to Thy glory and
unceasingly repeat: Psalms 28: 10, 11
The Lord shall sit King forever. The
Lord will bless His people with peace.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 6:23:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Apocalypse 5: 12; 1: 6

The Lamb that was slain is worthy to
receive power and divinity and wisdom
and strength and honor: to Him be
glory and empire for ever and ever. (Ps.
71: 1) Give to the King, O God, Thy
judgment, and to the King's Son Thy
justice. Glory be to the Father and to
the Son and to the Holy Spirit, as it was
in the beginning, is now and ever shall
be, world without end. Amen. The
Lamb that was slain is worthy to
receive power and divinity and wisdom
and strength and honor: to Him be
glory and empire for ever and ever.

John 18: 33-37

At that time: Pilate said to Jesus: Art
thou the King of the Jews? Jesus
answered: Sayest thou this thing of
thyself, or have others told it thee of
Me? Pilate answered: Am I a Jew? Thy
own nation, and the chief priests, have
delivered thee up to me: what hast thou
done? Jesus answered: My kingdom is
not of this world. If My kingdom were of
this world, My servants would certainly
strive that I should not be delivered to
the Jews: but now My kingdom is not
from hence. Pilate therefore said to
him: Art thou a king then? Jesus
answered: Thou sayest that I am a
King. For this was I born, and for this
came I into the world; that I should give
testimony to the truth, everyone that is
of the truth, heareth My voice.

Fed with this immortal nourishment, we
beseech Thee, O Lord, that we who
glory to fight under the standard of
Christ the King, may forever reign with
Him on the heavenly throne. Who with
Thee lives and reigns in the unity of the
Holy Spirit, God, forever and ever.

-Tridentine Mass today for Christ the King.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 7:25:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Ave Christus Rex!
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 9:35:55 AM EDT
[#37]
O My Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell, lead all souls to Heaven, especially those in most need of Thy mercy.
Amen.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 8:32:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Ave Christus Rex!
View Quote

Ave!  Laus tibi, Christe!
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 8:34:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gullskjegg] [#39]
Originally Posted By tortilla-flats:
O My Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell, lead all souls to Heaven, especially those in most need of Thy mercy.
Amen.
View Quote

Amen!

Great to see you here, brother
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 8:34:26 AM EDT
[#40]
Oh Holy Ghost,
Reach into our hearts and soften them with Your glorious fire;
Fill us with love and courage,
set our hearts ablaze and grant our souls the clarity and understanding to know and to love You;
to recognize the graces You bestow upon us,
the will to trust in Your plan for us and this world,
to trust in those whom You have placed upon our path to truth and salvation,
to see the true path when it is set before us,
and to know when we have lost sight of You and walked the road to perdition.
Link Posted: 10/31/2023 8:47:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gullskjegg] [#41]
All Hallows Eve,
the vigil of the saints and all souls who came before us;
we give honor and pray to our most holy mother, the Blessed Virgin Mary,
to Saint Joseph her spouse,
to the martyrs, the holy apostles, and all the saints,
who lived right and just in the glory of the most Holy Trinity;
We beseech you, intercede for all souls in purgatory, the faithful departed,
pray they be cleansed by Gods holy fire so they may enter into the kingdom of heaven spotless and pure,
and be joined in communion with you and the Lord our God,
forever and ever.  Amen
Link Posted: 11/1/2023 8:13:00 AM EDT
[#42]
In honor of All Saints Day

“Almighty ever-living God, by whose gift we venerate in one celebration the merits of all the Saints, bestow on us, we pray, through the prayers of so many intercessors, an abundance of the reconciliation with you for which we earnestly long. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, God, for ever and ever.”
Link Posted: 11/1/2023 2:37:55 PM EDT
[#43]
In honor of All Saints Day

“Almighty ever-living God, by whose gift we venerate in one celebration the merits of all the Saints, bestow on us, we pray, through the prayers of so many intercessors, an abundance of the reconciliation with you for which we earnestly long. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, God, for ever and ever.”
View Quote

Amen!  Happy All Saints Feast!
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 8:22:07 AM EDT
[#44]

Amen!  Happy All Saints Feast!
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/2/2023 8:22:27 AM EDT
[#45]
In honor of All Souls Day, the faithful departed who came before us.

From the Tridentine Mass:

Remember also, O Lord, Thy servants and handmaids, …  
… who are gone before us with the sign of faith, and rest in the sleep of peace. To these, O Lord, and to all that rest in Christ, grant, we beseech Thee, a place of refreshment, light, and peace; Through the same Christ our Lord. Amen.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 7:41:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gullskjegg] [#46]
While searching for a prayer this morning I read the Magnificat and was overwhelmed by warmth and comfort in a way I haven't felt before.  Like the Holy Ghost engulfed my soul in fire for the Lord.

The Magnificat

'And Mary said: My soul doth magnify the Lord. And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour. Because he hath regarded the humility of his handmaid; for behold from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed. Because he that is mighty, hath done great things to me; and holy is his name. And his mercy is from generation unto generations, to them that fear him. He hath shewed might in his arm: he hath scattered the proud in the conceit of their heart. He hath put down the mighty from their seat, and hath exalted the humble. He hath filled the hungry with good things; and the rich he hath sent empty away. He hath received Israel his servant, being mindful of his mercy: '  - St Luke 1:46-54
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 9:11:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Epistle for tomorrow, 23rd Sunday after Pentecost:

Philippians 3: 17-21; 4: 1-3

Brethren, be followers of me, and
observe them who walk so as you have
our model. For many walk, of whom I
have told you often (and now tell you
weeping), that they are enemies of the
cross of Christ; whose end is
destruction, whose God is their belly,
and whose glory is in their shame; who
mind earthly things. But our
conversation is in heaven, from whence
also we looked for the Savior, our Lord
Jesus Christ, who will reform the body
of our lowness, made like to the body
of His glory, according to the operation
whereby also He is able to subdue all
things unto Himself. Therefore, my
brethren, dearly beloved, and most
desired, my joy and my crown: so stand
fast in the Lord, my dearly beloved. I
beg of Evodia, and I beseech Syntyche
to be of one mind in the Lord: and I
entreat thee also, my sincere
companion, help those women who
have labored with me in the Gospel,
with Clement and the rest of my fellow-
laborers, whose names are in the book
of life.

Deo Gratias!
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 11:42:31 AM EDT
[#48]
I can't get these two verses out of my head, I've been thinking about them for a few months.

10 As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.

11 If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Of course no two men are the same. We have different gifts, but as long as we use the gifts we're given to glorify God we become closer to God and our humble imitation of Christ.

It also is basically the western concept of law and justice. No, men are not the same, but much as we are all equal under God and accountable to him, the only just law would be a legal system which renders verdicts in a similar manner.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 12:16:03 PM EDT
[#49]
While searching for a prayer this morning I read the Magnificat and was overwhelmed by warmth and comfort in a way I haven't felt before.  Like the Holy Ghost engulfed my soul in fire for the Lord.

The Magnificat

'And Mary said: My soul doth magnify the Lord. And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour. Because he hath regarded the humility of his handmaid; for behold from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed. Because he that is mighty, hath done great things to me; and holy is his name. And his mercy is from generation unto generations, to them that fear him. He hath shewed might in his arm: he hath scattered the proud in the conceit of their heart. He hath put down the mighty from their seat, and hath exalted the humble. He hath filled the hungry with good things; and the rich he hath sent empty away. He hath received Israel his servant, being mindful of his mercy: '  - St Luke 1:46-54
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/5/2023 7:39:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Todays Gospel, 23rd Sunday after Pentecost:

Matthew 9: 18-26
At that time, as Jesus was speaking to
the multitudes, behold a certain ruler
came up, and adored Him, saying:
Lord, my daughter is even now dead;
but come lay Thy hand upon her, and
she shall live. And Jesus, rising up,
followed him, with His disciples. And
behold a woman, who was troubled
with an issue of blood twelve years,
came behind Him, and touched the
hem of His garment. For she said
within herself: If I shall touch only His
garment, I shall be healed. But Jesus
turning and seeing her, said: Be of
good heart, daughter, thy faith hath
made thee whole. And the woman was
made whole from that hour. And when
Jesus was come into the house of the
ruler, and saw the minstrels and the
multitude making a tumult, He said:
Give place; for the girl is not dead, but
sleeps. And they laughed Him to scorn.
And when the multitude was put forth,
He went in and took her by the hand.
And the maid arose. And the fame
thereof went abroad into all that
country.

Laus tibi, Christe!
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top