[#1]
amen
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 6:47:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Gullskjegg:
Jesus Christ, my Savior,
my hope, my refuge, my King, my Lord;
I walk this wilderness of life lost, in exile, drowning in my own despicable thoughts and fears.
I stand bewildered, in a vast expanse of emptiness, consumed by anxiety.
I kneel at Your bloodied feet, Mary at my side; and I confess to You, my Lord and my God.
I did this to You, my Lord;
I am Your cross to bear.
I ask Your mercy, I am not worthy, but I ask of You; please give me the strength to bear mine.
Be the refuge in my wilderness, the light in my darkness, and the hope in my hopelessness. Lord, be my refuge against myself.
Forever and ever.  Amen.

Sitting right here yesterday when I wrote that one.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/196304/345A7204-7272-43C0-8AE3-F2BABE92E028_jpe-2945449.JPG
View Quote
Very touching and nice. I really appreciate it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 7:36:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By OG1:
Very touching and nice. I really appreciate it.
View Quote

You're most welcome, brother.
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 7:36:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gullskjegg] [#4]
May God, who seeth all things, and who is the Ruler of all spirits and the Lord of all flesh—who chose our Lord Jesus Christ and us through Him to be a peculiar people—grant to every soul that calleth upon His glorious and holy Name, faith, peace, patience, long-suffering, self-control, purity, and sobriety, to the well-pleasing of His Name, through our High Priest and Protector, Jesus Christ, by whom be to Him glory, and majesty, and power, and honour, both now and forevermore. Amen.  — Clement of Rome, First Century.
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 7:54:09 AM EDT
[#5]
The Epistle for tomorrow:
Galatians 5:25-26, 6:1-10

“If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not be made desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying on another.”
‭‭“Brethren, and if a man be overtaken in any fault, you, who are spiritual, instruct such a one in the spirit of meekness, considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. Bear ye one another's burdens; and so you shall fulfil the law of Christ. For if any man think himself to be some thing, whereas he is nothing, he deceiveth himself. But let every one prove his own work, and so he shall have glory in himself only, and not in another. For every one shall bear his own burden. And let him that is instructed in the word, communicate to him that instructeth him, in all good things. Be not deceived, God is not mocked. For what things a man shall sow, those also shall he reap. For he that soweth in his flesh, of the flesh also shall reap corruption. But he that soweth in the spirit, of the spirit shall reap life everlasting. And in doing good, let us not fail. For in due time we shall reap, not failing. Therefore, whilst we have time, let us work good to all men, but especially to those who are of the household of the faith.”
‭‭
Deo Gratias!
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 10:43:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Gospel reading for today:
Luke 7:11-16

“And it came to pass afterwards, that he went into a city that is called Naim; and there went with him his disciples, and a great multitude. And when he came nigh to the gate of the city, behold a dead man was carried out, the only son of his mother; and she was a widow: and a great multitude of the city was with her. Whom when the Lord had seen, being moved with mercy towards her, he said to her: Weep not. And he came near and touched the bier. And they that carried it, stood still. And he said: Young man, I say to thee, arise. And he that was dead, sat up, and began to speak. And he gave him to his mother. And there came a fear on them all: and they glorified God, saying: A great prophet is risen up among us: and, God hath visited his people.”

Laus tibi, Christe!
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 7:46:29 AM EDT
[#7]
O God of Light, Father of Life, Giver of Wisdom, Benefactor of our souls, who givest to the fainthearted who put their trust in Thee those things into which the angels desire to look; O Sovereign Lord, who hast brought us up from the depths of darkness to light, who hast given us life from death, who hast graciously bestowed upon us freedom from slavery, and who hast scattered the darkness of sin within us, do Thou now also enlighten the eyes of our understanding, and sanctify us wholly in soul, body, and spirit. Amen.  - Liturgy of St. Mark.  3rd century
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 8:01:15 AM EDT
[#8]
O God of Light, Father of Life, Giver of Wisdom, Benefactor of our souls, who givest to the fainthearted who put their trust in Thee those things into which the angels desire to look; O Sovereign Lord, who hast brought us up from the depths of darkness to light, who hast given us life from death, who hast graciously bestowed upon us freedom from slavery, and who hast scattered the darkness of sin within us, do Thou now also enlighten the eyes of our understanding, and sanctify us wholly in soul, body, and spirit. Amen.  - Liturgy of St. Mark.  3rd century
View Quote

That's a fantastic one
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 9:09:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Absolutely, we can learn a lot from our early Church fathers.

O Merciful God,
grant that I may ever perfectly
do Your Will in all things.
Let it be my ambition to work
only for Your honour and glory.

Let me rejoice in nothing
but what leads to You,
nor grieve for anything
that leads away from You.

May all passing things
be as nothing in my eyes,
and may all that is Yours
be dear to me,
and You, my God,
dear above them all.

May all joy be
meaningless without You
and may I desire
nothing apart from You.
May all labour and toil
delight me when it is for You.

Make me, O Lord,
obedient without complaint,
poor without regret,
patient without murmur,
humble without pretence,
joyous without frivolity,
and truthful without disguise.

Give me, O God,
an ever watchful heart
which nothing can ever
lure away from You;
a noble heart,
which no unworthy affection
can draw downwards to the earth;
an upright heart,
which no evil can warp;
an unconquerable heart.

- St Thomas Aquinas, 13th Century
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 9:23:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Absolutely, we can learn a lot from our early Church fathers.

O Merciful God,
grant that I may ever perfectly
do Your Will in all things.
Let it be my ambition to work
only for Your honour and glory.

Let me rejoice in nothing
but what leads to You,
nor grieve for anything
that leads away from You.

May all passing things
be as nothing in my eyes,
and may all that is Yours
be dear to me,
and You, my God,
dear above them all.

May all joy be
meaningless without You
and may I desire
nothing apart from You.
May all labour and toil
delight me when it is for You.

Make me, O Lord,
obedient without complaint,
poor without regret,
patient without murmur,
humble without pretence,
joyous without frivolity,
and truthful without disguise.

Give me, O God,
an ever watchful heart
which nothing can ever
lure away from You;
a noble heart,
which no unworthy affection
can draw downwards to the earth;
an upright heart,
which no evil can warp;
an unconquerable heart.

- St Thomas Aquinas, 13th Century
View Quote

Aquinas began his contemplation by writing hymns if my memory serves
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 7:54:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gullskjegg] [#11]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

Aquinas began his contemplation by writing hymns if my memory serves
View Quote

I think you are right.
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 10:11:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Bonus evening prayer, I’m at recollection face to face with our Lord.

The table has been set,
we are here to give thanks to You, the Lord our God;
And to ask of You, to shower us with Your grace,
of which we are not worthy.
Good night, Lord;
grant us peace this night.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 8:08:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gullskjegg] [#13]
You may remember the little girl I prayed for earlier, a friends daughter/ a friend of my daughter (they were in school together when this started) who has been fighting cancer for over 4 years; I came home from the church last night to a crying wife who broke the news to me, little Olivia had passed away.  I learned this morning that she was lying peacefully in her bed, with her father's hand on her heart, of which he felt the last beat of her earthly life.  I don't know what compelled me to spread that prayer last night, but I have a feeling it was little Olivia looking out for all those who have prayed for her all those years.

My Lord, we praise Thy name, we bless You, we adore You;
I beseech Thee, grant unwavering strength to Olivia's father,
strength to be the priestly father of his home and of his family,
to lead them in this difficult time and to be a pillar of hope.
Give clarity and understanding to the young siblings she leaves behind;
that they may know Thy mercy and embrace it fully.
Though we mourn the passing of her earthly life,
give us the wisdom to truly know it isn't about this life;
it is about the life to come, the life of unending joy,
the life of unfathomable peace.
That is when God heals us from our earthly suffering.
Praise to you, Lord Jesus Christ forever and ever.  Amen

I'll finish with a quote by Fr Chad Ripperger,

"We have to cede control over our interior life to Christ, to not control our own spiritual life. We have to embrace every single suffering that comes down the pike; because those are opportunities of grace, they're opportunities of healing, opportunities of purification, of perfection, of growth and virtue, and raising our place in heaven."  

Link Posted: 9/14/2023 8:56:31 AM EDT
[#14]
"Oh Lord Almighty! You have suffered death at the cross for our sins.
Oh Holy Cross of Jesus! be my true light. Oh Holy Cross of Jesus! fill my soul with good thoughts.
Oh Holy Cross! help me in my salvation.
Oh Holy Cross! safeguard me against unholy thoughts and worldly dangers that I may worship the Holy Cross of Jesus of Nazareth crucified.
Have pity on me. Oh Holy Cross of Jesus! be my hope. Oh Holy Cross have mercy on me forever and ever.
In honor of the Precious Blood of Jesus and His fearful Death and Resurrection and His Glorification which leads to everlasting life.
As true as Jesus is born on Christmas and crucified on Good Friday. As true as St. Joseph and Nicodemus took Jesus down from the cross.
As true as Jesus ascended into heaven. May He preserve me from my enemies both visible and invisible forever and ever.
Lord Almighty, into Your hands I give my soul and my body.
Oh Lord Jesus! grant me strength to bear the cross as Yourself.
Teach me to bear it with great humility that the Blessed Virgin may fill me with the Holy Spirit. Preserve my soul and lead it to life everlasting.
Amen."

Today is the Feast Day of The Exaltation of the Holy Cross of Our Lord Jesus Christ

Constantine was still wavering between Christianity and idolatry when a luminous cross appeared to him in the heavens, bearing the inscription, “In this sign shalt thou conquer.”
He became a Christian, and triumphed over his enemies, who were at the same time the enemies of the Faith.
A few years later, his saintly mother having found the cross on which our Saviour suffered, the feast of the ” Exaltation” was established in the Church; but it was only at a later period still, namely, after the Emperor Heraclius had achieved three great and wondrous victories over Chosroes, King of Persia, who had possessed himself of the holy and precious relic, that this festival took a more general extension, and was invested with a higher character of solemnity.
The feast of the “Finding” was thereupon instituted, in memory of the discovery made by St. Helena; and that of the “Exaltation” was reserved to celebrate the triumphs of Heraclius.
The greatest power of the Catholic world was at that time centred in the Empire of the East, and was verging toward its ruin, when God put forth His hand to save it: the re-establishment of the great cross at Jerusalem was the sure pledge thereof. This great event occurred in 629.

Herein is found the accomplishment of the Saviour’s word:
“If I be lifted up from the earth, I will draw all things to Myself.”
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 6:39:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Appropriately, today is for Our Lady of Sorrows as it follows the Exaltation of the Holy Cross.

From the Tridentine Mass today:

At the Cross her station keeping,
Stood the mournful Mother weeping,
Close to Jesus to the last.

Through her heart, His sorrow sharing,
All His bitter anguish bearing
Now at length the sword had passed.

Oh, how sad and sore distressed
Was that Mother highly blessed
Of the sole begotten One!

Christ above in torment hangs,
She beneath beholds the pangs
Of her dying, glorious Son.

Is there one who would not weep
‘Whelmed in miseries so deep
Christ’s dear Mother’s pain untold.

Can the human heart refrain
From partaking in her pain,
In that Mother’s pain untold?

Bruised, derided, cursed, defiled,
She beheld her tender Child,
All with bloody scourges rent.

For the sins of His own nation
Saw Him hang in desolation
Till His spirit forth He sent.

O sweet Mother! fount of love,
Touch my spirit from above,
Make my heart with yours accord.

Make me feel as you have felt;
Make my soul to glow and melt
With the love of Christ, my Lord.

Holy Mother, pierce me through,
In my heart each wound renew
Of my Savior crucified.

Let me share with you His pain,
Who for all our sins was slain,
Who for me in torments died.

Mix’d with yours let my tears be,
Mourning Him Who mourned for me,
All the days that I may live.

By the Cross with you to stay,
There with you to weep and pray,
Is all I ask of you to give.

Virgin of all virgins blest!
Listen to my fond request:
Let me share that grief of yours.

Let me, to my latest breath,
In my body bear the death
Of that dying Son of yours.

Wounded with His every wound,
Steep my soul till it has swooned
In His very Blood away.

Be to me, O Virgin, nigh,
Lest in flames I burn and die,
In this awful judgment day.

Christ, when You shall call me hence,
Be Your Mother my defense,
Be Your Cross my victory.

While my body here decays,
May my soul Your goodness praise,
Safe in heaven eternally.
Amen. Alleluia.
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 8:53:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Epistle reading for tomorrow:

Ephesians 3:13-21

“Wherefore I pray you not to faint at my tribulations for you, which is your glory. For this cause I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Of whom all paternity in heaven and earth is named, That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened by his Spirit with might unto the inward man, That Christ may dwell by faith in your hearts; that being rooted and founded in charity, You may be able to comprehend, with all the saints, what is the breadth, and length, and height, and depth: To know also the charity of Christ, which surpasseth all knowledge, that you may be filled unto all the fulness of God. Now to him who is able to do all things more abundantly than we desire or understand, according to the power that worketh in us; To him be glory in the Church, and in Christ Jesus unto all generations, world without end. Amen.”
‭‬
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 11:09:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Not unto us, O LORD, not unto us, but unto thy name give glory, for thy mercy, and for thy truth's sake.
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 11:12:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Sometimes when I contemplate God I like to get really simple.

What is his Glory, how grand and great is it?

What does the word Grace mean? What does that concept mean for how much he loves us?

How perverted has the word truth become?
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 12:51:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Sometimes when I contemplate God I like to get really simple.

What is his Glory, how grand and great is it?

What does the word Grace mean? What does that concept mean for how much he loves us?

How perverted has the word truth become?
View Quote

Very wise, brother.   Zero in and dive deep into the Word.  Too large of a target is cumbersome for the mind.
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 12:51:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Not unto us, O LORD, not unto us, but unto thy name give glory, for thy mercy, and for thy truth's sake.
View Quote

Amen!

Olivias funeral is today so I’m repeating this one.

My Lord, we praise Thy name, we bless You, we adore You;
I beseech Thee, grant unwavering strength to Olivia's father,
strength to be the priestly father of his home and of his family,
to lead them in this difficult time and to be a pillar of hope.
Give clarity and understanding to the young siblings she leaves behind;
that they may know Thy mercy and embrace it fully.
Though we mourn the passing of her earthly life,
give us the wisdom to truly know it isn't about this life;
it is about the life to come, the life of unending joy,
the life of unfathomable peace.
That is when God heals us from our earthly suffering.
Praise to you, Lord Jesus Christ forever and ever.  Amen
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 7:10:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gullskjegg] [#21]

St Luke‬ ‭14‬:‭1‬-‭11

“AND it came to pass, when Jesus went into the house of one of the chief of the Pharisees, on the sabbath day, to eat bread, that they watched him. And behold, there was a certain man before him that had the dropsy. And Jesus answering, spoke to the lawyers and Pharisees, saying: Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath day? But they held their peace. But he taking him, healed him, and sent him away. And answering them, he said: Which of you shall have an ass or an ox fall into a pit, and will not immediately draw him out, on the sabbath day? And they could not answer him to these things. And he spoke a parable also to them that were invited, marking how they chose the first seats at the table, saying to them: When thou art invited to a wedding, sit not down in the first place, lest perhaps one more honourable than thou be invited by him: And he that invited thee and him, come and say to thee, Give this man place: and then thou begin with shame to take the lowest place. But when thou art invited, go, sit down in the lowest place; that when he who invited thee, cometh, he may say to thee: Friend, go up higher. Then shalt thou have glory before them that sit at table with thee. Because every one that exalteth himself, shall be humbled; and he that humbleth himself, shall be exalted.”
‭‭
Laus tibi, Christe!‬‬

And an excerpt from the St. Joseph Missal for today as well:

The supernatural life which we receive in Baptism is like a seed that must be developed. "Rooted and grounded in love,” we pray that God may increase our faith and hope, and that His grace may stir up in us "a never-failing zeal for good works."
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 7:54:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Enlighten, O our Lord and God, the movements of our meditations to hear and understand the sweet listenings to Thy life-giving and divine commands; and grant unto us through Thy grace and mercy to gather from them the assurance of love, and hope, and salvation suitable to soul and body, and we shall sing to Thee everlasting glory without ceasing and always, O Lord of all. Amen. —Liturgy of the Blessed Apostles. 5th Century
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 6:29:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Do not look forward in fear to the changes in life;
rather, look to them with full hope that as they arise,
God, whose very own you are, will lead you safely through all things; and when you cannot stand it, God will carry you in His arms.
Do not fear what may happen tomorrow; the same understanding Father who cares for you today will take care of you then and every day.
He will either shield you from suffering or will give you unfailing strength to bear it. Be at peace, and put aside all anxious thoughts and imaginations.
- St. Francis De Sales
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 7:19:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Do not look forward in fear to the changes in life;
rather, look to them with full hope that as they arise,
God, whose very own you are, will lead you safely through all things; and when you cannot stand it, God will carry you in His arms.
Do not fear what may happen tomorrow; the same understanding Father who cares for you today will take care of you then and every day.
He will either shield you from suffering or will give you unfailing strength to bear it. Be at peace, and put aside all anxious thoughts and imaginations.
- St. Francis De Sales
View Quote
I like this one! Sounds inspired from Matthew 6:25-34
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 8:14:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By OG1:
I like this one! Sounds inspired from Matthew 6:25-34
View Quote

Absolutely!

'Therefore I say to you, be not solicitous for your life, what you shall eat, nor for your body, what you shall put on. Is not the life more than the meat: and the body more than the raiment? Behold the birds of the air, for they neither sow, nor do they reap, nor gather into barns: and your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are not you of much more value than they? And which of you by taking thought, can add to his stature by one cubit? And for raiment why are you solicitous? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they labour not, neither do they spin. But I say to you, that not even Solomon in all his glory was arrayed as one of these. And if the grass of the field, which is to day, and to morrow is cast into the oven, God doth so clothe: how much more you, O ye of little faith? Be not solicitous therefore, saying, What shall we eat: or what shall we drink, or wherewith shall we be clothed? For after all these things do the heathens seek. For your Father knoweth that you have need of all these things. Seek ye therefore first the kingdom of God, and his justice, and all these things shall be added unto you. Be not therefore solicitous for to morrow; for the morrow will be solicitous for itself. Sufficient for the day is the evil thereof.'

St Matthew 6:25-34
Link Posted: 9/20/2023 6:53:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Oh Christ,
God incarnate,
All the glory and honor is Yours!
As a member of Your most holy bride, the Church;
Grant me not only the strength to bear my own cross,
but the clarity, empathy, gentleness, and love to ease the weight of those burdens heavier than my own;
those of my brothers and sisters in Christ.
Show unto us all, the power of our hearts!
To rest the great golden cross of the Church upon our backs,
and with righteous faith and understanding;
lead it through this dark abyss into the promised land.  
Your land, my Lord, flowing with milk and honey.
Amen
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 6:48:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Golden Arrow

“May the most holy, most sacred, most adorable, most mysterious and unutterable Name of God be always praised, blessed, loved, adored and glorified, in heaven, on earth and under the earth, by all the creatures of God, and by the Sacred Heart of Our Lord Jesus Christ in the most holy Sacrament of the altar.”
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 8:07:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Golden Arrow

“May the most holy, most sacred, most adorable, most mysterious and unutterable Name of God be always praised, blessed, loved, adored and glorified, in heaven, on earth and under the earth, by all the creatures of God, and by the Sacred Heart of Our Lord Jesus Christ in the most holy Sacrament of the altar.”
View Quote

That's a great one
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 10:05:51 AM EDT
[#29]

That's a great one
View Quote

I agree, I don't know who wrote it but it sounds like early Church to me.  Or at least inspired by the early Church fathers.  

It spawned a question from my mother-in-law that has given me an opening for a chance to evangelize, so I take it as Gods divine intervention this morning.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 10:48:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Appropriately, today is for Our Lady of Sorrows as it follows the Exaltation of the Holy Cross.

From the Tridentine Mass today:

At the Cross her station keeping,
Stood the mournful Mother weeping,
Close to Jesus to the last.

Through her heart, His sorrow sharing,
All His bitter anguish bearing
Now at length the sword had passed.

Oh, how sad and sore distressed
Was that Mother highly blessed
Of the sole begotten One!

Christ above in torment hangs,
She beneath beholds the pangs
Of her dying, glorious Son.

Is there one who would not weep
‘Whelmed in miseries so deep
Christ’s dear Mother’s pain untold.

Can the human heart refrain
From partaking in her pain,
In that Mother’s pain untold?

Bruised, derided, cursed, defiled,
She beheld her tender Child,
All with bloody scourges rent.

For the sins of His own nation
Saw Him hang in desolation
Till His spirit forth He sent.

O sweet Mother! fount of love,
Touch my spirit from above,
Make my heart with yours accord.

Make me feel as you have felt;
Make my soul to glow and melt
With the love of Christ, my Lord.

Holy Mother, pierce me through,
In my heart each wound renew
Of my Savior crucified.

Let me share with you His pain,
Who for all our sins was slain,
Who for me in torments died.

Mix’d with yours let my tears be,
Mourning Him Who mourned for me,
All the days that I may live.

By the Cross with you to stay,
There with you to weep and pray,
Is all I ask of you to give.

Virgin of all virgins blest!
Listen to my fond request:
Let me share that grief of yours.

Let me, to my latest breath,
In my body bear the death
Of that dying Son of yours.

Wounded with His every wound,
Steep my soul till it has swooned
In His very Blood away.

Be to me, O Virgin, nigh,
Lest in flames I burn and die,
In this awful judgment day.

Christ, when You shall call me hence,
Be Your Mother my defense,
Be Your Cross my victory.

While my body here decays,
May my soul Your goodness praise,
Safe in heaven eternally.
Amen. Alleluia.
View Quote

Thank you for that.  Pergolesi's rendition is my favorite (besides the original chant of course).

Pergolesi? Stabat mater, for soprano & alto ¦ Les Talens Lyriques
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 12:19:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By abnk:

Thank you for that.  Pergolesi's rendition is my favorite (besides the original chant of course).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjJ02agjjdo
View Quote

Beautiful!
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 7:34:17 AM EDT
[#32]
'Withhold not thou, O Lord, thy tender mercies from me: thy mercy and thy truth have always upheld me. For evils without number have surrounded me; my iniquities have overtaken me, and I was not able to see. They are multiplied above the hairs of my head: and my heart hath forsaken me. Be pleased, O Lord, to deliver me, look down, O Lord, to help me. Let them be confounded and ashamed together, that seek after my soul to take it away. Let them be turned backward and be ashamed that desire evils to me. '

Psalms 39:12-15

Link Posted: 9/23/2023 8:48:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Ephesians‬ ‭4‬:‭1‬-‭6‬ ‭

“I therefore, a prisoner in the Lord, beseech you that you walk worthy of the vocation in which you are called, With all humility and mildness, with patience, supporting one another in charity. Careful to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. One body and one Spirit; as you are called in one hope of your calling. One Lord, one faith, one baptism. One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in us all.”
‭‭
Deo Gratias!‬‬
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 9:38:19 AM EDT
[#34]

St Matthew 22:34-46
“But the Pharisees hearing that he had silenced the Sadducees, came together: And one of them, a doctor of the law, asking him, tempting him: Master, which is the greatest commandment in the law? Jesus said to him: Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with thy whole heart, and with thy whole soul, and with thy whole mind. This is the greatest and the first commandment. And the second is like to this: Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. On these two commandments dependeth the whole law and the prophets. And the Pharisees being gathered together, Jesus asked them, Saying: What think you of Christ? whose son is he? They say to him: David's. He saith to them: How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying: The Lord said to my Lord, Sit on my right hand, until I make thy enemies thy footstool? If David then call him Lord, how is he his son? And no man was able to answer him a word; neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions.”

Laus tibi, Christe!
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 2:27:04 PM EDT
[#35]
“The gate into the kingdom of heaven is as narrow as pride, and as wide as humility.”  Fr David Carter
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 7:43:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gullskjegg] [#36]
Prayer to The Holy Spirit

MOST gracious God, in Your loving kindness incline Your ears to our prayers, and enlighten our hearts with the grace of the Holy Spirit, that we may worthily celebrate Your mysteries and deserve to love You with an everlasting charity.

O God, to Whom every heart is open, to Whom every wish sounds like a word, and from Whom no secret is hidden, cleanse the thoughts of our hearts by the infusion of Your Holy Spirit; that we may perfectly love You and worthily offer praise to You.

Burn our desires and our hearts with the fire of the Holy Spirit, O Lord, that we may serve You with a chaste body, and with a clean heart be pleasing to You.

Grant, O Lord, that the Advocate Who proceeds from You, may enlighten our minds; and may He lead us into all truth, as was promised by Your Son.

May the power of the Holy Spirit be near us, O Lord, mercifully to cleanse our hearts and defend us from all harm.

God, Who taught the hearts of the faithful by the light of the Holy Spirit, grant that, in the same Spirit, we may relish what is right and always rejoice in His consolation.

O Lord, visit our minds and cleanse our thoughts, we beseech You, that our Lord Jesus Christ, Your Son, at His coming may find in us a home prepared for Him. Who with You lives and reigns in the unity of the Holy Spirit, God, world without end. Amen.

-St Joseph Roman Missal
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 8:07:03 AM EDT
[#37]
O God, the Father of our Saviour Jesus Christ, whose name is great, whose nature is blissful, whose goodness is inexhaustible, God and Ruler of all things, who art blessed forever; before whom stand thousands and thousands, and ten thousand times ten thousand, the hosts of holy angels and archangels; sanctify, O Lord, our souls and bodies and spirits, search our consciences, and cast out of us every evil thought, every base desire, all envy and pride, all wrath and anger, and all that is contrary to Thy holy will. And grant us, O Lord, Lover of men, with a pure heart and contrite soul, to call upon Thee, our holy God and Father who art in heaven. Amen. —Liturgy of St. James. 2nd century
Link Posted: 9/27/2023 6:20:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Grant me, O Lord my God,
a mind to know You,
a heart to seek You,
wisdom to find You,
conduct pleasing to You,
faithful perseverance in waiting for You,
and a hope of finally embracing You. Amen
- St Thomas Aquinas
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 6:32:01 AM EDT
[#39]
Jesus Christ, God incarnate;
Under the weight of my sins;
You dropped Your cross not once, not twice, but three times.
The load was so intense, so laden with sin;
that the burden on one shoulder gave but a moments relief for the other.
Lord, how can I be so wretched and prideful,
to think I will never fall under the weight of my own suffering?
And to become angry or disheartened when I do.
To think God will hold the immensity of my cross,
weightless upon my shoulder while I traverse this valley of tears.
You are the High Priest, my Lord and Savior!
Not some puppeteer of the mindless.
Your faith in me is what ingrains my soul with dauntless fortitude,
and my faith in You is why I will carry my cross to the very end,
through infinite falters,
to the ultimate resting place of my unworthy soul;
Most sacred heart of Jesus, have mercy on me.
Amen
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 6:37:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Amen, I cannot think of a better way to start the day.
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 7:03:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By MR_JOSHUA:
Thanks
View Quote

You’re welcome, brother!

The best part about morning is how pure it is, the dawn of a new day, a day that I haven’t had the chance to ruin yet.

Link Posted: 9/29/2023 6:06:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gullskjegg] [#42]
We ask not of Thee, O Father, silver and gold, honour and glory, nor the pleasures of the world, but do Thou grant us grace to seek Thy Kingdom and Thy righteousness, and do Thou add unto us things necessary for the body and for this life. Behold, O Lord, our desire; may it be pleasing in Thy sight. We present our petition unto Thee through our Lord Jesus Christ, Who is at Thy right hand, our mediator and Advocate, through Whom Thou soughtest us that we might seek Thee; Thy Word, through Whom Thou madest us and all things; Thy only begotten Son, through Whom Thou callest us to adoption, Who intercedeth with Thee for us, and in Whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge; to Him, with Thyself and the Holy Spirit, be all honour, praise, and glory, now and forever. Amen.
—St Augustine, 4th century

Link Posted: 9/29/2023 9:27:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gullskjegg] [#43]
Today is the feast of the archangels, of whom we are blessed by our Almighty Father to have.

St Gabriel; O Captain and Leader of the armies of heaven, unworthy as we are, we beseech you without cease to surround us with your intercession and cover us beneath the shelter of the glory of your ethereal wings. We bend our knee and cry out with perseverance: "Deliver us from danger, O Prince of the Powers on high!" Amen.

St Rapheal; Glorious Archangel St. Raphael, great prince of the heavenly court, you are illustrious for your gifts of wisdom and grace. You are a guide of those who journey by land or sea or air, consoler of the afflicted, and refuge of sinners. I beg you, assist me in all my needs and in all the sufferings of this life, as once you helped the young Tobias on his travels. Because you are the "medicine of God," I humbly pray you to heal the many infirmities of my soul and the ills that afflict my body. I especially ask of you the favor of all Christians and the great grace of purity to prepare me to be the temple of the Holy Ghost. Amen.

Saint Michael, the Archangel, defend us in battle.
Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host,
by the power of God
cast into hell Satan and all the evil spirits
who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 12:27:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Epistle reading for tomorrow:

‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭1‬:‭4‬-‭8‬
“I give thanks to my God always for you, for the grace of God that is given you in Christ Jesus, That in all things you are made rich in him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge; As the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you, So that nothing is wanting to you in any grace, waiting for the manifestation of our Lord Jesus Christ. Who also will confirm you unto the end without crime, in the day of the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.”

Deo Gratias!‬
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 1:28:18 PM EDT
[#45]

You’re welcome, brother!

The best part about morning is how pure it is, the dawn of a new day, a day that I haven’t had the chance to ruin yet.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Thanks

You’re welcome, brother!

Morning itself is proof of the ever loving gift of creation. A new day is created in perpetuity.
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 6:08:28 AM EDT
[#46]

Morning itself is proof of the ever loving gift of creation. A new day is created in perpetuity.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Thanks

You’re welcome, brother!

Amen!  I see you finally broke that 100k mark
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 6:08:49 AM EDT
[#47]
Todays gospel:

‭‭St Matthew‬ ‭9‬:‭1‬-‭8
“AND entering into a boat, he passed over the water and came into his own city. And behold they brought to him one sick of the palsy lying in a bed. And Jesus, seeing their faith, said to the man sick of the palsy: Be of good heart, son, thy sins are forgiven thee. And behold some of the scribes said within themselves: He blasphemeth. And Jesus seeing their thoughts, said: Why do you think evil in your hearts? Whether is easier, to say, Thy sins are forgiven thee: or to say, Arise, and walk? But that you may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (then said he to the man sick of palsy,) Arise, take up thy bed, and go into thy house. And he arose, and went into his house. And the multitude seeing it, feared, and glorified God that gave such power to men.”

Laus tibi, Christe!‬‬
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 7:57:42 AM EDT
[#48]
O Lord God, Who hast taught us to pray all together, and hast promised to hear the united voices of two or three invoking Thy Name; hear now, O Lord, the prayers of Thy servants unto their salvation, and give us in this world knowledge of Thy Truth, and in the world to come life everlasting; for the sake of Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
—Armenian Liturgy, 4th century
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 8:52:37 AM EDT
[#49]
Bless all who worship Thee, from the rising of the sun unto the going down of the same. Of Thy goodness, give us; with Thy love, inspire us; by Thy spirit guide us; by Thy power, protect us; in Thy mercy, receive us now and always. Amen. —An Ancient Collect, 5th Century
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 10:35:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Scripture of the day from Bible Gateway;
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant
mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ
from the dead,

To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven
for you,

Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time."

1 Peter 1, 3-5
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top