Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 10:21:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Update: sounds like filming is progressing, but they’ve run into a lot of difficulties with their schedule, including a 3-day delay that cost them approximately $500,000.

As such, they are pretty stressed about making their budget and schedule, so they are asking for prayers that they get through this.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:26:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Per the livestream, this is the final week of filming and editing should start soon.
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 12:16:15 PM EDT
[#3]
New trailer is out!

The Chosen: Season 3 Official Trailer
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 10:41:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By leib109:
New trailer is out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7z868kEl5s
View Quote
Oh man, can't wait
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 1:00:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Saw the Season 3 premiere tonight in theater, which was sold out. It was worth the wait.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 2:22:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Saw the Season 3 premiere tonight in theater, which was sold out. It was worth the wait.
View Quote

Wonderful!

Link Posted: 11/19/2022 7:39:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Anastasios:

Wonderful!

View Quote

It was. After the show, it was good to see people driven to discuss Scripture in a passionate manner and the references they saw in the episodes.

You can tell they are setting up this season as one in which the disciples are going to be asked what cost it will take to follow Christ. It really seemed to be a message for the church today: things will be difficult in the future, and we must take a stand for our faith, even if it means death.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 12:31:55 PM EDT
[#8]

It was. After the show, it was good to see people driven to discuss Scripture in a passionate manner and the references they saw in the episodes.

You can tell they are setting up this season as one in which the disciples are going to be asked what cost it will take to follow Christ. It really seemed to be a message for the church today: things will be difficult in the future, and we must take a stand for our faith, even if it means death.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Wonderful!

It's playing here. I should go.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 1:10:21 PM EDT
[#9]

It's playing here. I should go.
View Quote

I would. This show is entirely funded by donations and what it makes from ticket sales, merch sales, etc. It’s worth it to support it. Plus, it was cool to see believers across denominations putting aside their differences and coming together in their love of Scripture and Christ. I got to pray with a Catholic whom I had never met and is in the film business and is trying to get into faith-based filmmaking.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 12:22:06 AM EDT
[#10]
My wife and I saw S3 Ep 1&2 at the theater this evening and man, it was fantastic.

If you can get to the theater to see it, go check it out.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 4:02:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I missed Nicodemus during season 2, does he make any appearances in Season 3?
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 4:33:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By ghengiskhabb:
I missed Nicodemus during season 2, does he make any appearances in Season 3?
View Quote

Possibly. He is mentioned again in John 7:50-51, so we may see him soon.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 4:49:39 PM EDT
[#13]
"You came so close".

That scene with Nicodemus was tough to watch.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 5:30:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: leib109] [#14]
"You came so close".

That scene with Nicodemus was tough to watch.
View Quote

Yeah. You gotta wonder how many people are in that position today. Reminds me of the people associated with the first 3 soils that the seed fell on…
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 1:08:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: monadh] [#15]
My wife's best friend was at the premiere in ATL at the Fox Theater. The cast was there.

If my wife had gone, I'm sure she would have worn Ok State orange to honor Elizabeth Tabish, since she went to OSU as well.
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 1:28:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By monadh:
My wife's best friend was at the premiere in ATL at the Fox Theater. The cast was there.

https://i.imgur.com/fHzjfqm.jpg

If my wife had gone, I'm sure she would have worn Ok State orange to honor Elizabeth Tabish, since she went to OSU as well.
View Quote

Lucky!

Big news tonight: they have secured a new way of being funded through a non-profit, which will allow entities to donate and get a tax write-off. This will massively increase funding and will basically guarantee that all seasons will be made! Also, it looks like they’ll be streaming it on Netflix soon!
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 3:07:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Buckeye67:
My wife and I saw S3 Ep 1&2 at the theater this evening and man, it was fantastic.

If you can get to the theater to see it, go check it out.
View Quote

Did they show S3 Ep1&2 back to back?  Same ticket?

We have S1&2 on dvd, very impressed so far.
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 9:36:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By DD1801:

Did they show S3 Ep1&2 back to back?  Same ticket?

We have S1&2 on dvd, very impressed so far.
View Quote

Yes, it’s one right after the other.
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 11:09:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Just saw Season Three one and Two at the theater.

Looks like another great season to binge on
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 11:29:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Yes.  I like it.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 2:42:00 PM EDT
[#21]
It wasn't playing at our local theater so I guess I will have to wait until it comes out on the app. Still haven't heard when that will be.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 3:20:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By EBR-Okie:
It wasn't playing at our local theater so I guess I will have to wait until it comes out on the app. Still haven't heard when that will be.
View Quote

I think it’ll be either December 4 or 11, can’t remember which. They are changing out the app on December 4.
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 10:46:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Watched episode one of season three tonight. I enjoyed it and thought it was well done. Particularly liked the final scene with Matthew and his father.
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 1:27:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Here’s the episode (skip to 15 minutes in):

The Chosen Global Livestream: Season 3, Episode One

Link Posted: 12/18/2022 12:27:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Watched up to S2, Ep.2 this week on the app. It's been very good..
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 10:45:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Episode Two is up:

The Chosen Global Livestream: Season 3, Episode Two
Link Posted: 12/25/2022 10:09:38 PM EDT
[#27]
New episode was pretty intense. Luke 4 was heavily featured.

The Chosen Global Livestream: Season 3, Episode Three
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 8:55:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Probably my favorite show about Jesus.  Very well done.  Gives Jesus "character".

Bought the first season dvd a year ago. My wife got the shirts sweatshirts for Christmas this year.  DVDs (3 seasons) all around for family later.

Best part is my daughter is hooked.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 10:58:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IdahoDoug] [#29]
Just finished watching episode 3. It's getting tense. They couldn't have picked a better actor to play Jesus
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 10:30:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Moleonlobby:
Probably my favorite show about Jesus.  Very well done.  Gives Jesus "character".

Bought the first season dvd a year ago. My wife got the shirts sweatshirts for Christmas this year.  DVDs (3 seasons) all around for family later.

View Quote

Glad to hear younger generations are connecting with it. The consistent reports from people are that they are reading their Bibles and praying more after watching it. Pretty good fruit! I think we just need to be careful not to treat this as a replacement for Scripture and to not let ourselves become confused about what is portrayed in the show and what is recounted in the Bible.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 10:32:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By IdahoDoug:
Just finished watching episode 3. It's getting tense. They couldn't have picked a better actor to play Jesus
View Quote

Yep. Seeing Rafi and Dinah, for whom Jesus performed the miracle at the wedding in Cana, turn on Jesus was rough. Some people will believe if the blessings are flowing, but fall away when hard truths or circumstances come.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 8:13:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alembic] [#32]
Did anyone notice the omission of the story of Jesus healing on the Sabbath? Or did they show it, and I missed it, because it is so important.

John 5:817

8 Jesus said to him, “Stand up, take your mat and walk.” 9 At once the man was made well, and he took up his mat and began to walk.
Now that day was a Sabbath. 10 So the Jews said to the man who had been cured, “It is the Sabbath; it is not lawful for you to carry your mat.” 11 But he answered them, “The man who made me well said to me, ‘Take up your mat and walk.’ ” 12 They asked him, “Who is the man who said to you, ‘Take it up and walk’?” 13 Now the man who had been healed did not know who it was, for Jesus had disappeared in[e] the crowd that was there. 14 Later Jesus found him in the temple and said to him, “See, you have been made well! Do not sin any more, so that nothing worse happens to you.” 15 The man went away and told the Jews that it was Jesus who had made him well. 16 Therefore the Jews started persecuting Jesus, because he was doing such things on the Sabbath. 17 But Jesus answered them, “My Father is still working, and I also am working.” 18 For this reason the Jews were seeking all the more to kill him, because he was not only breaking the Sabbath but was also calling God his own Father, thereby making himself equal to God.
View Quote

Not to beat viewers over the head but a message of repentance can't be glossed over, either.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 8:24:02 PM EDT
[#33]

Glad to hear younger generations are connecting with it. The consistent reports from people are that they are reading their Bibles and praying more after watching it. Pretty good fruit! I think we just need to be careful not to treat this as a replacement for Scripture and to not let ourselves become confused about what is portrayed in the show and what is recounted in the Bible.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Moleonlobby:

I just started watching season 1 last week. This is my only concern. I thought about it, and decided that Charleston Heston surely had lines and actions  in “The 10 Commandments” that aren’t in the Bible, so this isn’t exactly new territory. I guess the best way to avoid getting confused is to study the scripture, which I should be doing more of, anyway.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 9:58:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Alembic:
Did anyone notice the omission of the story of Jesus healing on the Sabbath? Or did they show it, and I missed it, because it is so important.

John 5:817

Not to beat viewers over the head but a message of repentance can't be glossed over, either.
View Quote

Season 2 I believe. Forget the episode.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 10:50:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Gunner226:

I just started watching season 1 last week. This is my only concern. I thought about it, and decided that Charleston Heston surely had lines and actions  in “The 10 Commandments” that aren’t in the Bible, so this isn’t exactly new territory. I guess the best way to avoid getting confused is to study the scripture, which I should be doing more of, anyway.
View Quote

It’s actually a pretty good exercise to get yourself more acquainted with Scripture. In this day and age, we must know our Bibles and be on guard against bad theology and misrepresentations of Scripture.

The show does add some extra-biblical moments, but a lot of that seems to have come right out of the commentaries from my Bible. There is a ton of context added that helps clarify the events in the New Testament by connecting it to the Jewish practices and culture of the time.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 12:29:07 AM EDT
[#36]
So far, the way they portray the relationship with Jesus and his mother is done well. The part with dad was good too.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 4:42:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By rcav8r:

Season 2 I believe. Forget the episode.
View Quote

I know they portrayed the story, but not the part of it that I highlighted in blue..
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 7:05:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Alembic:

I know they portrayed the story, but not the part of it that I highlighted in blue..
View Quote

No, you are correct.
There were scenes later where he talked with his brother (Zebedee), but not anything like the bible verse
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 7:28:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Its funny...whenever I read The Scripture I always hear it in Jonathan  Roumi's voice
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 11:54:17 PM EDT
[#40]
New episode, first half of a two-parter:

The Chosen Global Livestream: Season 3, Episode Four
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 1:32:18 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By badguybuster:
Its funny...whenever I read The Scripture I always hear it in Jonathan  Roumi's voice
View Quote
This is actually why I haven't watched it.  I don't want to create a false idol in my head.  Now when I read LotR I always imagine Frodo as Elijah Wood.  I don't want to permanently associate Jesus with some actor.
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 1:40:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By ngc1300:
This is actually why I haven't watched it.  I don't want to create a false idol in my head.  Now when I read LotR I always imagine Frodo as Elijah Wood.  I don't want to permanently associate Jesus with some actor.
View Quote

I did that for a while, but it faded after continuing to read Scripture and pondering it for myself.
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 3:57:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IdahoDoug] [#43]
Last night the show did a pretty good job when Jesus explained why he would not heal little James but expected Little James to go out and walk around an area of the middle east with his crippled handicap. On Angel network. Two seasons are there and season    edit    three that was the fourth episode.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 10:31:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Newest episode is my favorite of the season and one of my all-time favorites of the show:

The Chosen Global Livestream: Season 3, Episode Five
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 11:46:28 AM EDT
[#45]
The judge dredd line was pretty cool though not biblical.

I AM the law (of Moses)!
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 9:09:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By FennRx:
The judge dredd line was pretty cool though not biblical.

I AM the law (of Moses)!
View Quote

Yep. Not exactly scriptural, but I see what they were going for.

1. They were having Him make an I AM statement like He often does in the Gospels.

2. He fulfills the Law of Moses through His life and sacrifice.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 9:18:55 PM EDT
[#47]

Yep. Not exactly scriptural, but I see what they were going for.

1. They were having Him make an I AM statement like He often does in the Gospels.

2. He fulfills the Law of Moses through His life and sacrifice.
View Quote

Absolutely.  And as far as drama goes, it was well done.  Although one review I read complained that it may have been from a quote from a book written in the 19th century.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 9:32:30 PM EDT
[#48]

Absolutely.  And as far as drama goes, it was well done.  Although one review I read complained that it may have been from a quote from a book written in the 19th century.
View Quote

The show’s creator addressed that. It was completely unintentional on their part, they didn’t even know that that quote existed in the book of the religion-that-will-not-be-named. The show has already faithfully depicted several verses that directly undermine that religion, such as John 1:1-3.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 1:49:11 AM EDT
[#49]
Just saw the season finale in theaters. Whoa.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 9:03:18 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

"...a book written in the 19th century." The Book of Mormon?

The Chosen: “I am the law of Moses.”

The Book of Mormon, 3 Nephi 13:9: "Behold, I am the law, and the light. Look unto me, and endure to the end, and ye shall live; for unto him that endureth to the end will I give eternal life.”

"a book written in the 19th century." The Book of Mormon. Passive aggressive? Just use the name of the book.

Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top