Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2016 10:26:22 AM EDT

Take a listen. I personally despise political statements from the pulpit. But this Godly priest was not politicizing in as much as he was teaching Catholics about our faith.

He lays out our responsibility and separates intrinsically evil intent vs. just disagreeing with the church.

By the way... while this is primarily Catholic, if you call yourself Christian this should ring true for you as well.

Link Posted: 10/16/2016 10:42:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Whoops: A day late and a dollar short. I found this in another thread but it was buried. I'll leave it up to the mod if he considers this a dupe.

Link Posted: 10/18/2016 10:52:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 8:28:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Good idea!
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 2:36:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 9:01:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Let's repurpose the thread and post videos of spiritual leaders addressing the issues of the day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv3MRyKfEHA

View Quote

Cardinal Arinze rocks.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 10:23:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Awesome reply to the pro abortion VP cantidate.  Abortion is murder in Gods eyes.  Doesn't matter what men say.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 7:02:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 8:18:38 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The Catholic Church has been more outspoken this election than I have ever seen before, and rightly so.  I have been following the various news stories and Facebook live events.  The comments after have been very interesting from both Catholics and other Christians.  It is amazing how after being reminded of Church teachings, the lengths that people go through to twist logic and reason in order to justify voting for a pro abortion candidate.  

There was one female Hillary supporter who asked if abortion was all we cared about.  She went on to say that it was our only play in our playbook and it is getting old.  She asked why we don't care about the poor, oppressed, and starving people of the world.  Since it was a Catholic website, I explained to her about Caritas International, a Catholic organization consisting of 165 organization, operating in 200 countries and territories, working on humanitarian issues.  I also explained Catholic Relief Services and Catholic Charities, and also about all of the services provided by other Christian denominations.  I think she was stunned and her reply was, "oh, I guess you have that covered."

There seems to be very many conflicted Hispanic Catholics.  They are usually pretty devout people, and it appears they know how they should vote, but they have been told that Trump is a racist and a bigot.  They get bound up with the immigration issue.  I explained to one lady who was particularly nasty that Trump is all for immigration but he wants it done legally.  I reminded her that our Church also instructs us to obey laws and the people that have come here illegally have already gone against Church teaching.  She came back with, "we should be building bridges and not walls."  I told her we have bridges and they are our immigration laws and the pathways are through the US Customs and Immigration lanes and not swimming across a river.  Surprisingly she then agreed and said she forgot we are to follow the law.

It saddens me that not all Christians will vote the same way.  If we did, we would be the deciding factor in elections and the politicians would be courting us instead of attacking us like they do now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Awesome reply to the pro abortion VP cantidate.  Abortion is murder in Gods eyes.  Doesn't matter what men say.

The Catholic Church has been more outspoken this election than I have ever seen before, and rightly so.  I have been following the various news stories and Facebook live events.  The comments after have been very interesting from both Catholics and other Christians.  It is amazing how after being reminded of Church teachings, the lengths that people go through to twist logic and reason in order to justify voting for a pro abortion candidate.  

There was one female Hillary supporter who asked if abortion was all we cared about.  She went on to say that it was our only play in our playbook and it is getting old.  She asked why we don't care about the poor, oppressed, and starving people of the world.  Since it was a Catholic website, I explained to her about Caritas International, a Catholic organization consisting of 165 organization, operating in 200 countries and territories, working on humanitarian issues.  I also explained Catholic Relief Services and Catholic Charities, and also about all of the services provided by other Christian denominations.  I think she was stunned and her reply was, "oh, I guess you have that covered."

There seems to be very many conflicted Hispanic Catholics.  They are usually pretty devout people, and it appears they know how they should vote, but they have been told that Trump is a racist and a bigot.  They get bound up with the immigration issue.  I explained to one lady who was particularly nasty that Trump is all for immigration but he wants it done legally.  I reminded her that our Church also instructs us to obey laws and the people that have come here illegally have already gone against Church teaching.  She came back with, "we should be building bridges and not walls."  I told her we have bridges and they are our immigration laws and the pathways are through the US Customs and Immigration lanes and not swimming across a river.  Surprisingly she then agreed and said she forgot we are to follow the law.

It saddens me that not all Christians will vote the same way.  If we did, we would be the deciding factor in elections and the politicians would be courting us instead of attacking us like they do now.
Well put sir.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 9:04:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 7:29:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Bump.

My son showed this to me yesterday, as his aunt had shared it on Facebook.

I immediately thought "this priest should be made a Bishop" as I watched it. And then in the end he said these were the words of his Bishop lol

Every Catholic should watch this- it's good spiritual food.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top