Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2016 9:02:58 PM EDT
My life has taken another interesting turn.  I'm recovering from back surgery, and if I'm really honest with myself, I'm not going to recover in time for my job to be protected by FMLA.  

I've always been a reader, particularly in Christian theology, and because of my inability to work while recovering my best friend invited me to sit in on his summer intensive.  So starting yesterday I started auditing his class.   I've had the time of my life. The material isn't as difficult as I was expecting.  I had to read the three books for the class over the past weekend, so my notes on the books aren't complete, but I can hold my own in discussions.  I could never be a pastor, but the idea of being an undergraduate professor sounds appealing.  I'd have to start over from the beginning, but it's looking like at the ripe old age of 34, my days as a fabricator may be over.  

Pray that I can make my decision with clarity.

Finally, my paper for the end of the course excites me too.  I partly picked the topic to troll my friend, but also because it's very pertinent to a cultural phenomenon fresh on everyone's mind... The missiological response to Black Lives Matter
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 9:32:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I will happily do so.

Turn about is fair play - I am working through a tough spot in my career as well.  Not brought on by injury just the nature of contract work.  I would appreciate some prayer for wisdom to choose the correct path.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 9:34:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I will happily do so.

Turn about is fair play - I am working through a tough spot in my career as well.  Not brought on by injury just the nature of contract work.  I would appreciate some prayer for wisdom to choose the correct path.
View Quote

My pleasure.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 9:37:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Prayers inbound brother
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 9:40:20 PM EDT
[#4]
My prayers are with you op. Why not look into undergraduate teaching, it is fun, but there's not allot of money involved.. You will need a Masters probable. Good luck and God Bless.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 9:42:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My prayers are with you op. Why not look into undergraduate teaching, it is fun, but there's not allot of money involved.. You will need a Masters probable. Good luck and God Bless.
View Quote

I'm more than comfortable going back to school.  Supporting my family while doing so should be exciting

Link Posted: 7/13/2016 7:53:13 AM EDT
[#6]
You are in my prayers!
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 11:49:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Praying for comfort, healing and guidance.

In the beginning is a good place to start.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 12:11:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Prayers up sir.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 12:14:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Prayer offered.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 12:22:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Praying.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 9:45:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Every homily this week at chapel has spoken to me.  Every. Single. One.

They all seem to be pointing me towards starting over, and going down the road to becoming a theologian.  

I'm scared to death of failing, yet completely at peace at the same time.  I'm still scared that I'm so far over my head, that I don't even realize it
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 10:25:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

They all seem to be pointing me towards starting over, and going down the road to becoming a theologian.  

I'm scared to death of failing, yet completely at peace at the same time.  I'm still scared that I'm so far over my head, that I don't even realize it
View Quote

Op when I was young and wanting to pursue my dreams I was stopped because of obligations. After 20 years of misery I said to heck with it and went back to do what I loved. My graduate degrees opened allot of doors
and I'm blessed thaat I could go back and earn it.
I believe you should listen to your heart and ask God for guidance. You will be led in the right direction. He won't fail you and in your belief for Him you will succeed. !
I hope your journey is what you wish !
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 10:32:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Op when I was young and wanting to pursue my dreams I was stopped because of obligations. After 20 years of misery I said to heck with it and went back to do what I loved. My graduate degrees opened allot of doors
I believe you should listen to your heart and ask God for guidance. You will be led in the right direction. He won't fail you and in your belief for Him you will succeed. !
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not super old, 34 but I have three young boys.  I am afraid of missing things with them because my nose will be in a book.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 10:41:46 PM EDT
[#14]
I'll be praying for you too
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 10:54:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'll be praying for you too
View Quote

Thank you!
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 11:07:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Done.   Jesus' ministry ended at 33 no reason you can't pick it up where he left off.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 11:18:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Praying for you and Theided, that Jesus will grant you clarity, understanding, and strength to know his path for you and make you able to follow it.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 9:12:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'm not super old, 34 but I have three young boys.  I am afraid of missing things with them because my nose will be in a book.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You will find time for your children and they will understand. Besides it's better your children live with a father that is happy and fulfilled then a father who is miserable.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 10:14:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You will find time for your children and they will understand. Besides it's better your children live with a father that is happy and fulfilled then a father who is miserable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not necessarily miserable from an emotive aspect, my body is falling apart. Eight surgeries in the last seven years
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 10:49:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Done.

Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 1:21:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Done.   Jesus' ministry ended at 33 no reason you can't pick it up where he left off.
View Quote

Now that you mention it, St Augustine didn't settle down until his early 30s either.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 2:25:54 PM EDT
[#22]
In for you to fulfill your screen name...

And pray too.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 4:16:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
In for you to fulfill your screen name...

And pray too.
View Quote

I'm leaning 60/40 towards FOing
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top