BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/20/2016 3:04:03 PM EDT
Post whatever scripture you want.

Psalm 118

O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good: because his mercy endureth for ever.

Let Israel now say, that his mercy endureth for ever.

Let the house of Aaron now say, that his mercy endureth for ever.

Let them now that fear the Lord say, that his mercy endureth for ever.

I called upon the Lord in distress: the Lord answered me, and set me in a large place.

The Lord is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?

The Lord taketh my part with them that help me: therefore shall I see my desire upon them that hate me.

It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man.

It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in princes.

All nations compassed me about: but in the name of the Lord will I destroy them.

They compassed me about; yea, they compassed me about: but in the name of the Lord I will destroy them.

They compassed me about like bees: they are quenched as the fire of thorns: for in the name of the Lord I will destroy them.

Thou hast thrust sore at me that I might fall: but the Lord helped me.

The Lord is my strength and song, and is become my salvation.

The voice of rejoicing and salvation is in the tabernacles of the righteous: the right hand of the Lord doeth valiantly.

The right hand of the Lord is exalted: the right hand of the Lord doeth valiantly.

I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the Lord.

The Lord hath chastened me sore: but he hath not given me over unto death.

Open to me the gates of righteousness: I will go into them, and I will praise the Lord:

This gate of the Lord, into which the righteous shall enter.

I will praise thee: for thou hast heard me, and art become my salvation.

The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner.

This is the Lord's doing; it is marvellous in our eyes.

This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Save now, I beseech thee, O Lord: O Lord, I beseech thee, send now prosperity.

Blessed be he that cometh in the name of the Lord: we have blessed you out of the house of the Lord.

God is the Lord, which hath shewed us light: bind the sacrifice with cords, even unto the horns of the altar.

Thou art my God, and I will praise thee: thou art my God, I will exalt thee.

O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 4:21:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Joshua 24:15. - As for me and my house we shall serve the Lord.
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 12:12:13 AM EDT
[#2]
John 14:21  He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Link Posted: 3/21/2016 12:59:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Matthew 6:14-15 KJV
[14] For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
[15] But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 6:46:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Isaiah 41:10

Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed ; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Ephesians 2:1-9

And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 9:32:47 PM EDT
[#5]
19 And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil. 20 For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed.
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 10:30:21 PM EDT
[#6]
The Last Call

Ester 4:13 Then Mordecai told them to reply to Esther, “Do not imagine that you in the king’s palace can escape any more than all the Jews. 14 “For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance will arise for the Jews from another place and you and your father’s house will perish. And who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this?”

Matthew 10: 34 “Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 “For I came to SET A MAN AGAINST HIS FATHER, AND A DAUGHTER AGAINST HER MOTHER, AND A DAUGHTER-IN-LAW AGAINST HER MOTHER-IN-LAW; 36 and A MAN’S ENEMIES WILL BE THE MEMBERS OF HIS HOUSEHOLD.

37 “He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. 38 “And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. 39“He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it.

1 Peter 4:12 Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal among you, which comes upon you for your testing, as though some strange thing were happening to you;
17 For it is time for judgment to begin with the household of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God? 18 AND IF IT IS WITH DIFFICULTY THAT THE RIGHTEOUS IS SAVED, WHAT WILL BECOME OF THE GODLESS MAN AND THE SINNER? 19 Therefore, those also who suffer according to the will of God shall entrust their souls to a faithful Creator in doing what is right.

2 Timothy 3:12 Indeed, all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will be persecuted.

Link Posted: 3/22/2016 7:20:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Jesus said this in Matthew 7:7-12

“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

“Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 9:30:59 AM EDT
[#8]
I've been thinking about John 20:28 quite a bit lately

After this, aware that everything was now finished, in order that the scripture might be fulfilled,* Jesus said, “I thirst.”
View Quote

I had always thought that the thirst was a human reaction to dehydration from torture, bleeding, carrying the cross, and the crucifixion itself.  I've been praying the rosary much more frequently over the past year and the first Sorrowful Mystery is the Agony in the Garden.

Matthew:  “My Father, if it is not possible that this cup pass without my drinking it, your will be done!”
Mark:   “Abba, Father,* all things are possible to you. Take this cup away from me, but not what I will but what you will.”
Luke:  “Father, if you are willing, take this cup away from me; still, not my will but yours be done.”

Then other places where the idea of drinking from a cup as a sacrifice metaphor appear

Matthew when James and John ask to sit at Jesus' hands:  “You do not know what you are asking.* Can you drink the cup that I am going to drink?” They said to him, “We can.”
Mark's version:   “You do not know what you are asking. Can you drink the cup that I drink or be baptized with the baptism with which I am baptized?”
John, when Peter cut the slave's ear:  "“Put your sword into its scabbard. Shall I not drink the cup* that the Father gave me?”"

While I was familiar with "drinking from the cup" as a metaphor for Christ's sacrifice, I had never connected that "I thirst" in John with Jesus expressing and affirming His willingness and readiness to fulfill the new covenant at that moment instead of simply giving voice to physical frailty.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 10:12:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Stand therefore, having girded your loins with truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; withal taking up the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the evil one.
View Quote

Ephesians 6:14-16
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 2:57:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Proverbs 26:11

As a dog returns to its vomit, so a fool repeats his folly.

Hello, ARFCOM!

Eventually, we may learn to not do that...

Link Posted: 3/31/2016 2:28:00 PM EDT
[#11]
The author of Proverbs shoots a .308 (memory aid):

Proverbs 30:8-9 KJV
Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me:
[9] Lest I be full, and deny thee , and say, Who is the Lord ? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain .
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 4:11:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Judas said: “Arm yourselves and be brave; in the morning be ready to fight these Gentiles who have assembled against us to destroy us and our sanctuary. It is better for us to die in battle than to witness the evils befalling our nation and our sanctuary. Whatever is willed in heaven will be done.”

1 Maccabees 3:58-60
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 1:20:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 8:02:53 PM EDT
[#14]
I have personally experienced an answer on this one:

Psalm 50:15 KJV
[15] And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 9:18:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 10:07:33 PM EDT
[#16]
This is from John chapter 11:

On his arrival, Jesus found that Lazarus had already been in the tomb for four days. Now Bethany was less than two miles from Jerusalem, and many Jews had come to Martha and Mary to comfort them in the loss of their brother. When Martha heard that Jesus was coming, she went out to meet him, but Mary stayed at home.

“Lord,” Martha said to Jesus, “if you had been here, my brother would not have died. But I know that even now God will give you whatever you ask.”

Jesus said to her, “Your brother will rise again.”

Martha answered, “I know he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day.”

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”

“Yes, Lord,” she replied, “I believe that you are the Messiah, the Son of God, who is to come into the world.”

After she had said this, she went back and called her sister Mary aside. “The Teacher is here,” she said, “and is asking for you.” When Mary heard this, she got up quickly and went to him. Now Jesus had not yet entered the village, but was still at the place where Martha had met him. When the Jews who had been with Mary in the house, comforting her, noticed how quickly she got up and went out, they followed her, supposing she was going to the tomb to mourn there.

When Mary reached the place where Jesus was and saw him, she fell at his feet and said, “Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died.”

When Jesus saw her weeping, and the Jews who had come along with her also weeping, he was deeply moved in spirit and troubled. “Where have you laid him?” he asked.

“Come and see, Lord,” they replied.

Jesus wept.

Then the Jews said, “See how he loved him!”

But some of them said, “Could not he who opened the eyes of the blind man have kept this man from dying?”

Jesus, once more deeply moved, came to the tomb. It was a cave with a stone laid across the entrance. “Take away the stone,” he said.

“But, Lord,” said Martha, the sister of the dead man, “by this time there is a bad odor, for he has been there four days.”

Then Jesus said, “Did I not tell you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?”

So they took away the stone. Then Jesus looked up and said, “Father, I thank you that you have heard me. I knew that you always hear me, but I said this for the benefit of the people standing here, that they may believe that you sent me.”

When he had said this, Jesus called in a loud voice, “Lazarus, come out!”  The dead man came out, his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen, and a cloth around his face.

Jesus said to them, “Take off the grave clothes and let him go.”
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 10:39:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Hebrews 4:14-16

Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Translated to modern english for those who prefer that, sometimes I do:

We have a great high priest. He has gone up into the heavens. He is Jesus the Son of God. So let us hold firmly to what we say we believe.
We have a high priest who can feel it when we are weak and hurting. We have a high priest who has been tempted in every way, just as we are. But he did not sin. So let us boldly approach the throne of grace. Then we will receive mercy. We will find grace to help us when we need it.

Link Posted: 7/18/2016 3:26:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have personally experienced an answer on this one:

Psalm 50:15 KJV
[15] And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.
View Quote

made me think of one of my favorites:
I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. (Psalms34:4 KJV)
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 9:22:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 8:59:17 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I had always thought that the thirst was a human reaction to dehydration from torture, bleeding, carrying the cross, and the crucifixion itself.  I've been praying the rosary much more frequently over the past year and the first Sorrowful Mystery is the Agony in the Garden.

Matthew:  "My Father, if it is not possible that this cup pass without my drinking it, your will be done!”

Mark:   "Abba, Father,* all things are possible to you. Take this cup away from me, but not what I will but what you will.”

Luke:  "Father, if you are willing, take this cup away from me; still, not my will but yours be done.”

Then other places where the idea of drinking from a cup as a sacrifice metaphor appear

Matthew when James and John ask to sit at Jesus' hands:  "You do not know what you are asking.* Can you drink the cup that I am going to drink?” They said to him, "We can.”

Mark's version:   "You do not know what you are asking. Can you drink the cup that I drink or be baptized with the baptism with which I am baptized?”

John, when Peter cut the slave's ear:  ""Put your sword into its scabbard. Shall I not drink the cup* that the Father gave me?”"

While I was familiar with "drinking from the cup" as a metaphor for Christ's sacrifice, I had never connected that "I thirst" in John with Jesus expressing and affirming His willingness and readiness to fulfill the new covenant at that moment instead of simply giving voice to physical frailty.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

After this, aware that everything was now finished, in order that the scripture might be fulfilled,* Jesus said, "I thirst.”

Matthew:  "My Father, if it is not possible that this cup pass without my drinking it, your will be done!”

Mark:   "Abba, Father,* all things are possible to you. Take this cup away from me, but not what I will but what you will.”

Luke:  "Father, if you are willing, take this cup away from me; still, not my will but yours be done.”

Matthew when James and John ask to sit at Jesus' hands:  "You do not know what you are asking.* Can you drink the cup that I am going to drink?” They said to him, "We can.”

Mark's version:   "You do not know what you are asking. Can you drink the cup that I drink or be baptized with the baptism with which I am baptized?”

John, when Peter cut the slave's ear:  ""Put your sword into its scabbard. Shall I not drink the cup* that the Father gave me?”"

http://www.catholicfidelity.com/apologetics-topics/eucharist/the-forth-cup-by-scott-hahn/

I found Scott Hahn transcript mind-blowing. There is also youtube version of the talk rather than the transcription.

Link Posted: 8/20/2016 9:17:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Revelation 21:3-4
And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 6:33:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Psalm 86
A prayer of David.

1 Hear me, Lord, and answer me,
   for I am poor and needy.

2 Guard my life, for I am faithful to you;
   save your servant who trusts in you.
You are my God;

3 have mercy on me, Lord,
   for I call to you all day long.

4 Bring joy to your servant, Lord,
   for I put my trust in you.

5 You, Lord, are forgiving and good,
   abounding in love to all who call to you.

6 Hear my prayer, Lord;
   listen to my cry for mercy.

7 When I am in distress, I call to you,
   because you answer me.

8 Among the gods there is none like you, Lord;
   no deeds can compare with yours.

9 All the nations you have made
   will come and worship before you, Lord;
   they will bring glory to your name.

10 For you are great and do marvelous deeds;
   you alone are God.

11 Teach me your way, Lord,
   that I may rely on your faithfulness;
give me an undivided heart,
   that I may fear your name.

12 I will praise you, Lord my God, with all my heart;
   I will glorify your name forever.

13 For great is your love toward me;
   you have delivered me from the depths,
   from the realm of the dead.

14 Arrogant foes are attacking me, O God;
   ruthless people are trying to kill me—
   they have no regard for you.

15 But you, Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God,
   slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness.

16 Turn to me and have mercy on me;
   show your strength in behalf of your servant;
save me, because I serve you
   just as my mother did.

17 Give me a sign of your goodness,
   that my enemies may see it and be put to shame,
   for you, Lord, have helped me and comforted me.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 12:51:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Psalm 145

1 I will extol You, my God, O King,
And I will bless Your name forever and ever.
2 Every day I will bless You,
And I will praise Your name forever and ever.
3 Great is the Lord, and highly to be praised,
And His greatness is unsearchable.
4 One generation shall praise Your works to another,
And shall declare Your mighty acts.
5 On the glorious splendor of Your majesty
And on Your wonderful works, I will meditate.
6 Men shall speak of the power of Your awesome acts,
And I will tell of Your greatness.
7 They shall eagerly utter the memory of Your abundant goodness
And will shout joyfully of Your righteousness.
8 The Lord is gracious and merciful;
Slow to anger and great in lovingkindness.
9 The Lord is good to all,
And His mercies are over all His works.
10 All Your works shall give thanks to You, O Lord,
And Your godly ones shall bless You.
11 They shall speak of the glory of Your kingdom
And talk of Your power;
12 To make known to the sons of men Your mighty acts
And the glory of the majesty of Your kingdom.
13 Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom,
And Your dominion endures throughout all generations.
14 The Lord sustains all who fall
And raises up all who are bowed down.
15 The eyes of all look to You,
And You give them their food in due time.
16 You open Your hand
And satisfy the desire of every living thing.
17 The Lord is righteous in all His ways
And kind in all His deeds.
18 The Lord is near to all who call upon Him,
To all who call upon Him in truth.
19 He will fulfill the desire of those who fear Him;
He will also hear their cry and will save them.
20 The Lord keeps all who love Him,
But all the wicked He will destroy.
21 My mouth will speak the praise of the Lord,
And all flesh will bless His holy name forever and ever.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 9:13:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Psalm 121

1 I will lift up my eyes to the hills,
   from where does my help come?

2 My help comes from the Lord,
   who made heaven and earth.

3 He will not let your foot slip;
   He who keeps you will not slumber.

4 Behold, He who guards Israel
   shall neither slumber nor sleep.

5 The Lord is your guardian;
   the Lord is your shade at your right hand.

6 The sun shall not harm you during the day,
   nor the moon during the night.

7 The Lord shall protect you from all evil;
   He shall preserve your soul.

8 The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in
   from now and for evermore.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 9:24:40 PM EDT
[#25]
How great is our God!

He does save those who call on Him.

Psalm 145 says it.

Two posts above this one. Start at verse 18.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 10:48:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Psalm 36
1 The transgression of the wicked saith within my heart, that there is no fear of God before his eyes.

2 For he flattereth himself in his own eyes, until his iniquity be found to be hateful.

3 The words of his mouth are iniquity and deceit: he hath left off to be wise, and to do good.

4 He deviseth mischief upon his bed; he setteth himself in a way that is not good; he abhorreth not evil.

5 Thy mercy, O Lord, is in the heavens; and thy faithfulness reacheth unto the clouds.

6 Thy righteousness is like the great mountains; thy judgments are a great deep: O Lord, thou preservest man and beast.

7 How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings.

8 They shall be abundantly satisfied with the fatness of thy house; and thou shalt make them drink of the river of thy pleasures.

9 For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light.

10 O continue thy lovingkindness unto them that know thee; and thy righteousness to the upright in heart.

11 Let not the foot of pride come against me, and let not the hand of the wicked remove me.

12 There are the workers of iniquity fallen: they are cast down, and shall not be able to rise.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 9:47:40 PM EDT
[#27]
I think a lot of times people just don't realize how omnipotent and wondrous God truly is.

There are so many verses describing Him in the Bible.

Imagine what it will be like when we finally get to meet Him face to face.

Psalm 42:1-2
As the hart panteth after the water brooks,
So panteth my soul after thee, O God.
My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God:
When shall I come and appear before God?
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 9:54:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Revelation 22:1-4
Then he showed me a river of the water of life, clear as crystal, coming from the throne of God and of the Lamb, in the middle of its street. On either side of the river was the tree of life, bearing twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. There will no longer be any curse; and the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and His bond-servants will serve Him; they will see His face, and His name will be on their foreheads.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 6:53:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Matthew 18: 21-22

Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times? “Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.”
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 8:17:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Proverbs 4:20-27

20 My son, pay attention to what I say;
   turn your ear to my words.
21 Do not let them out of your sight,
   keep them within your heart;
22 for they are life to those who find them
   and health to one’s whole body.
23 Above all else, guard your heart,
   for everything you do flows from it.
24 Keep your mouth free of perversity;
   keep corrupt talk far from your lips.
25 Let your eyes look straight ahead;
   fix your gaze directly before you.
26 Give careful thought to the paths for your feet
   and be steadfast in all your ways.
27 Do not turn to the right or the left;
   keep your foot from evil.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 8:44:17 AM EDT
[#31]
psalm 119 v 9

Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way?
        by taking heed thereto according to thy word.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 5:56:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Matthew Chapter 5

Matthew Chapter 5 link
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 2:51:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Matthew 18: 21-22

Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times? “Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.”
View Quote

Awesome passage.  It relates directly to James 2:12-13.  12. Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law that gives freedom, 13 because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful.  Mercy triumphs over judgment.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 4:59:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Psalm 2

Why do the nations rage and the people's plot in vain? The kings of the earth set themselves and the rulers take counsel together against the Lord and against his anointed saying "let us burst their bonds apart and castaway there cords from us" He who sits in heaven laughs; the Lord holds them in derision and He will speak to them in His  wrath and terrify them in his fury saying, " as for me, I have set my Kimg on Zion, my holy hill"

Link Posted: 11/1/2016 7:30:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Judas said: “Arm yourselves and be brave; in the morning be ready to fight these Gentiles who have assembled against us to destroy us and our sanctuary. It is better for us to die in battle than to witness the evils befalling our nation and our sanctuary. Whatever is willed in heaven will be done.” -  1 Maccabees, 3:59
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 3:46:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Sig below
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 9:46:49 AM EDT
[#37]
John 1,1 - 14

In the beginning* was the Word,

and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God.
He was in the beginning with God.
* All things came to be through him,
and without him nothing came to be.b
What came to be
through him was life,
and this life was the light of the human race;c
* the light shines in the darkness,d
and the darkness has not overcome it.
* A man named John was sent from God.
He came for testimony,* to testify to the light, so that all might believe through him.
He was not the light, but came to testify to the light.g
The true light, which enlightens everyone, was coming into the world.h
He was in the world,
and the world came to be through him,
but the world did not know him.
He came to what was his own,
but his own people* did not accept him.
i But to those who did accept him he gave power to become children of God, to those who believe in his name,
who were born not by natural generation nor by human choice nor by a man’s decision but of God.
And the Word became flesh*
and made his dwelling among us,
and we saw his glory,
the glory as of the Father’s only Son,
full of grace and truth.
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 11:32:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 1:12:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Amos 3:7. Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secrets unto his servants the prophets.

Matthew 7:21. Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Link Posted: 11/13/2016 8:22:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Hebrews4:14-16

14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.

15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 3:46:30 PM EDT
[#41]

Psalm 1:1-6

Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers;

but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night.

He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers.

The wicked are not so, but are like chaff that the wind drives away.

Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous;

for the Lord knows the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish.

Link Posted: 11/21/2016 3:03:36 PM EDT
[#42]
1 Timothy 2:5-6

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 3:06:32 PM EDT
[#43]
children are inherently foolish
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 11:15:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Matthew 23 King James Version (KJV)

23 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,

2 Saying The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:

3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

4 For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.

5 But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,

6 And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues,

7 And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.

8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.

12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 11:23:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Isaiah 42:1-9

1 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

2 He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street.

3 A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth.

4 He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law.

5 Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:

6 I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.

8 I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

9 Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 5:39:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Matthew 28:18-20  And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Revelation 3:20  Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 9:34:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:33:06 AM EDT
[#48]
2 Corinthians 8:9
For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:34:37 AM EDT
[#49]
John 1:14
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:39:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Phillippians 2:5-11

In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:

Who, being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death—
even death on a cross!

Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name,
that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.

Hallelujah - Choir of King's College, Cambridge live performance of Handel's Messiah
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top