Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2016 11:32:02 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 12:15:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm definitely looking forward to it.

From the few previews I've seen, it looks to be pretty good.

And yes, that is one way to present my worst fear: to be wrong, and to bet eternity on it....
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 3:01:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm usually leery about Hollywood's twist on these movies, but I am glad to see that they use His real name, Yeshua.
Yeshua has the same root as the Hebrew word for salvation, yeshuat, which is the word translated to salvation in English.
In the TANACH, it is used where Moses says "stand back and see the salvation(yeshuat) of the Lord" at the Red Sea crossing.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 3:21:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Looking forward to watching it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 1:51:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I typically cringe when a new "Christian Movie" come out.
This one looks well done along the lines of The Robe and other 50's Biblical movie.
I hope it's as good as it looks.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 8:14:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I will see it.

What I'd really like to see though, is Mel Gibson direct a movie about Christ's life during his ministry to mankind.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 3:29:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 2:48:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looking forward to watching it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 3:03:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I am skeptical.

Modern Hollywood and Religious Movies are generally

Link Posted: 2/18/2016 10:53:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 5:36:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I for one look forward to seeing it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 3:12:56 PM EDT
[#11]
I saw it.  It is great.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 3:50:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I saw it.  It is great.
View Quote

Off topic but do your friends call you billy Bob?   I ask because you your user name....
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 9:42:12 PM EDT
[#13]
I watched it. It was a very good.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 5:36:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Wife and I enjoyed it greatly.
Tomac
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 8:34:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Off topic but do your friends call you billy Bob?   I ask because you your user name....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I saw it.  It is great.

My friends call me Bubba.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 8:43:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I saw it.  It is great.

Old but still funny.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 1:05:23 PM EDT
[#17]
My brother and I saw this over the weekend and had high hopes but didn't care for it. It had some good moments. I like how they portrayed the crucifixion. The story idea was a good one but I thought the longer it went on the slower it got and much of the momentum was lost. The threat of adversaries (roman soldiers, and Pilot) was too manufactured toward the end. Its always bold to try and portray with an actor, the Son of God; so the fact that the performance didn't live up to my own conception of Christ should not be a surprise to me, and I can give the film props for trying though I think they failed. Same goes for the apostles though I again can acknowledge the effort they took to make Peter look flawed. Joseph Fienes clearly carried the film and did a very good job. As did the actor who played Joseph of Aramethia. I thought he was more apostle like than the apostles. Also the moment where Joseph Fiennes interrogates the drunk second guard was outstanding both acting and as way to bring out the powerful topic at hand in the film.

I was disappointed that they didn't make more of an effort to make the case for the mission and purpose of Christ. I understand this was an effort to be less in your face about it and try to go after a wider audience, but I feel like a deeper philosophical discussion around the mission of the Savior of the world would have actually added to the quality of the film as a film let alone the film as a message. I think it is a step in the right direction as a faith based film but the genre is still plagued with the fact that it doesn't 'feel' like the film makers take themselves seriously, nor do they deeply understand the topics they're trying to portray; or, if they do understand them are incapable of presenting them effectively in film format.  

Just my take. Go see it for sure, just don't expect Peter Jackson level refinement.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 11:05:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I saw it.  It is great.
View Quote

Yep.  I loved it.

My wife and I caught a matinee today.  It was both nice and sad to have the whole theater to ourselves.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 8:32:33 PM EDT
[#19]
I took my girlfriend to see it a few weeks ago.  I loved it, she was just so/so about it.  Funny thing is she's more devout and spiritual than I am by a mile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top