Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/24/2015 6:21:26 PM EDT
(Aware that we don't have a "Health" section, I posted this here because the author's position, religious affiliation and obvious advice; if I'm in error, Mods, lock or move me. Thanks.)

Bill Donahue of the Catholic League comments on the recent CDC study on sexually transmitted diseases and promiscuity. The figures are staggering:

How did we get to this point? We have no problem waging war on promiscuity when it comes to food, alcohol, or cigarettes, but we refuse to treat sexual promiscuity the same way. We speak endlessly about the horrors of obesity, cirrhosis of the liver, and lung cancer, but when it comes to STDs, we get clinical.

It’s time we put political correctness aside and started having an honest conversation with everyone about the dangers of sexual promiscuity. Condoms are not the answer—restraint is. And no groups need to hear this message more than blacks and gays.

After decades of the most progressive sex education programs in our nation’s history, and the most massive distribution of free condoms ever undertaken, never has the rate of sexually transmitted diseases been worse. The rates among blacks and homosexuals are astonishing.
View Quote

Blacks and Gays Lead With STD Rates

Actual CDC Reports
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 6:35:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
(Aware that we don't have a "Health" section, I posted this here because the author's position, religious affiliation and obvious advice.)
View Quote

I guess I'm confused about why those factors precluded it being posted elsewhere.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 6:39:25 PM EDT
[#2]
He's going to get it from both sides calling out "blacks and gays"
I have no problem with him saying and agree with him
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 7:05:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll be back when this thread kicks off....
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 7:11:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm thankful that I dont have to worry about it myself..

but I'm scared to death about what my children will face.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:37:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, virtually all religions preach some form of self control and delayed gratification. To the degree religions long endure they had to accept some 'dogmas' about human behavior such as not sleeping around. Most cultures have coming of age rites for boys and girls and lots of rules governing courtship, engagement, marriage, and what's expected of married couples.

So to the degree people obey the rules and delay gratification, they will avoid a lot of this sort of grief. But to the degree luxury, plenty, and peace militate towards instant gratification the rules and dogmas will seem ridiculous if not like strait jackets and will be junked in favor of "freedom" (which results in the slavery to vice).

Thus we get kids engaging in all manner of casual hookups and oral/anal behavior as though it "doesn't count" and then we're shocked, shocked, to find out they're becoming infected with STDs at alarming rates?

There's a fine reason why, despite 50 years of official government support Blacks remain just 12% of the population: abortion, sterilization, the breakdown of the family, etc. many remain nominally Christian but it has less and less impact on their culture which is more and more about instant gratification.

Now many this is a K/R sort of debate. But it seems to me, the problem is not racial as much as cultural and insofar as culture is created by religion - by worshiping something as the maximum good, (an idol suffices btw, so Marxists can be religious), sexual morality is always influenced by religion.

So what do these people worship? Instant gratification. The god of eros. They'll swear up and down that they're not religious but they are. They believe with a zealotry that's quite impressive that physical pleasure, self-centered, or at most "consensual" is the maximum value, the point, purpose and highest meaning of life without which one cannot be free and cannot be called "winning".

Thus the country's laws and social rules are increasingly made to facilitate the worship of eros and making delaying one's gratification hard if not uncool or even illegal.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:30:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I guess I'm confused about why those factors precluded it being posted elsewhere.
View Quote

JusAdBellum nailed it!

Here we are in the "Religion" section, where religion is loosely defined as: "a particular system of faith and worship," or "a pursuit or interest to which someone ascribes supreme importance." Some people worship their own flavor of a "god" defined by these definitions. There are  many "gods" these days.  Their conduct and actions can literally offer them "anything goes." Doing THIS has predictable natural as well as unintended consequences.

As an old-timer once told me: "Why'da think there are so few "thou shalt nots," when your course of action is almost limitless? I'll tell ya why: some stuff may kill ya!"

Sure looks to me that unrestrained sexual pleasures are winding up killing a lot of people whose religion and "god" seems to be centered on instant sexual gratification and THAT conduct has been specifically frowned upon in the Judeo-Christian belief system for a reason. There's my "connection" to "religion."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top