Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2015 11:02:05 AM EDT
The 4th Musketeer is a new Christian men's group that is based on men coming together in the great outdoors. It is as I have described "a hike to Emmaus" I originally went on my first in the Red River Gorge last year and it helped me to refocus on my relationship with God. There will be another hosted this fall in  the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina on Oct 1-4. I'll be planning on going back again this year, and I am hoping that there might be some fellow ARFcommers that join me.

The video is from the XCC in Kentucky's Red River Gorge.

From http://the4thmusketeer.org/about/
 The 4th Musketeer was the idea of… a woman. On an evening in September 2007, Ruth Stoorvogel told her husband, Henk, “Why don’t you start something with men? Not an ordinary men’s ministry but a movement unlike any other men’s movement.” Henk responded, “You’re right, we will do it! And we will call it the 4th Musketeer.” Henk invited his best friends in the Netherlands, Pieter, Theo, and Jan for a visionary dinner at his home and a new concept was developed, inspired by D’Artagnan, the protagonist of the Three Musketeers. An ultimate adventure where men will experience a great physical challenge, mental exhaustion and inspiration was born.  
  In 2008, when the first 4th Musketeer Character Weekend was developed, Henk called his good friend Kent Susud to help lead the inaugural character weekend as eighty Dutch men were set to converge in the Ardennes, in southern Belgium. Since 1998, Kent and Henk’s friendship has led them to great adventures in life and ministry. In 2012, Kent shared the vision of the 4th Musketeer with his three best friends and the ultimate adventure for men in the USA was born!
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top