Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2015 11:22:56 PM EDT
If you've got Kindle Unlimited, you can read it for free.
[url=https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00V73HTY4?tag=arfcom00-20]The Baptism of the Holy Spirit by Vinson and Woods[/URL
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 12:29:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't have Kindle, but I looked at the "Look Inside" on Amazon. I don't understand why you use the term of 1st century Palestinian Jews. Palestine wasn't even a word yet. The Romans possibly used it after the Bar Kochba revolt, but I don't think there is a written example of the word, until 5th century Greece.
Also, what is your understanding of the second exodus?
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 12:59:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't have Kindle, but I looked at the "Look Inside" on Amazon. I don't understand why you use the term of 1st century Palestinian Jews. Palestine wasn't even a word yet. The Romans possibly used it after the Bar Kochba revolt, but I don't think there is a written example of the word, until 5th century Greece.
Also, what is your understanding of the second exodus?
View Quote

Used "Palestinian" to distinguish between Jews in the region and Jews scattered throughout the Empire. We were NOT using it to justify either side of the current debate. We could've used Judaean but that would've sounded redundant and would've also excluded Galilean Jews. Also you might want to reread your source on the earliest use. It was used by Herodotus in 5th Century Greece, but that's 5th Century Before Christ. It's also used by Philo and Josephus.

As for the "second exodus" we don't really address it in the book, but I'll give it a shot.

The Old Testament prophets prophesied a return from Babylon and used language similar to that used to describe the Israelites return from Egypt under Moses.

These prophesies were fulfilled in a physical sense when the many Jews returned to Israel during the reign of Cyrus, Jerusalem was rebuilt, the temple was rebuilt and worship in the temple was restored.
These prophesies were fulfilled in a spiritual sense when Jews, Samaritans and Gentiles all came into God's new kingdom, the church.

I believe there's a lot of confusion in many churches today because people read their Bibles in the order it is in the English Bible and not in chronological order. So when they read about restoration in Ezra and Nehemiah and then go on to read prophecies of restoration they tend to look for a future one, not realizing that the restorations described in Ezra and Nehemiah occur after the prophesies in the Major and Minor prophets and are the fulfillments of those prophesies.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 2:40:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, you're right about it being 5th century BC. I'm just used to seeing Judean or Yehudim, and palestinian  kind of rubs me the wrong way, because of the agenda during the last 60-70 years.
On the 2nd exodus though, I don't believe it will occur until after the tribulation, when the house of Judah, and the house of Ephraim (Northern kingdom of Israel) are regathered for the millennial Kingdom, after a period of protection in the wilderness.
Our Father couldn't have reconciled with Ephraim before the resurrection of the Messiah, because of the statutes regarding divorce and remarriage. He would have divorced Judah too, because of her sin, if it weren't for the promise He made to David. Once the Messiah was resurrected, he was eligible to marry Judah and Ephraim.
The whole Exodus story is a veiled picture of the end times. Compare the plagues of Egypt, with the plagues of Revelation. Compare the angel with the censer of fire in Rev.8, to Aaron with the censer of fire, or protection in the wilderness in Rev. 12:14, to Deut. 32:10,11.
A lot of the regathering scriptures are what people see as the erroneous rapture theology.

I'm sorry for getting off the topic of your book. I didn't get see enough of it to know the content.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top