Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/22/2015 11:18:13 AM EDT
Is it? Or would that person be lying to themselves?
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 11:21:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Why haven't you been banned yet?
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 11:32:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why haven't you been banned yet?
View Quote

Because this is my first time here and only account. This is also a very legitimate question and I want to opinions of the religious members here.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 11:38:07 AM EDT
[#3]
No,it goes against the teachings of the Bible.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 11:42:48 AM EDT
[#4]
No.

Link Posted: 3/22/2015 11:44:16 AM EDT
[#5]
yes.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 11:45:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not if you are Catholic.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 12:16:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
yes.
View Quote

Please elaborate more. I'm interested.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 12:16:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Not if you are Catholic.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not if you are Catholic.

well that's heartening. I'm contemplating becoming catholic.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 12:24:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I would say absolutely yes. Mans sin is between God and man not man and man. In other words I think a true Christian should mind there own buisness.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 12:28:17 PM EDT
[#10]
King James Bible
So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
John 8:7
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 12:35:58 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't see why not, I was raised Christian and I'm pro-choice and pro-gay. Of course I'm not a religious nut job who blindly follows the pack like many who are religious. My step brother is gay and hey that's ok, not like he had a choice, he was just born that way. And lets be honest we all like to see a pair of hot lesbians get it on. I'm ok with abortion as well, better not to have a child if you can't support it and give it a good life. Not to mention it lowers crime and saves us money on welfare. Of course to me religion is more of a social thing where people can get together and support each other. It also teaches good morals and ethics to our children to live by to make a better world to live in. Do I really believe there is a God and heaven and hell, well not so much, but I still find myself praying to God sometimes for help, even if there is no God, it still makes me feel better. But I'm sure I'm seen more of an Atheist these days. Of course I still go to church with my family.  
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 12:40:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Not if you are Catholic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not if you are Catholic.

A person can excommunicate himself from the church if he knows the doctrine and intentionally disregards it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 12:46:24 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't want to feed this troll but....

You can be homosexual & be a Catholic as long as you are celebate.

As far as "pro-choice", are you choosing to murder your unborn child? Or choosing life? If the former,  then absolutely positively, No. You may call yourself a Christian, but you are not following Christ.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 12:47:56 PM EDT
[#14]
I believe you can be a Christian and love gay people, treat them as well as anyone else, though not agreeing with their lifestyle.  But this goes for any group of people, if you are a Christian you will strive to love and treat them as Christ did/does.

I don't look at abortion quite the same way, as it is a little more final.  

Link Posted: 3/22/2015 1:48:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Why stop there...can you be a Christian and be an active serial killer at the same time?  What about an active rapist?
If one is truly a Christian  one will seek to follow the Bible and Christs teachings.  Not try to make them fit your lifestyle.  Yes we are all sinners.  And we will all continue to sin.  The difference is, one who is a true Christian will feel remorse and not actively seek to sin.  I am not going to judge your actions.  That is for God.  But I will tell you if you are acting like a Christian if you ask me to.  The Bible is pretty clear.  We have problems when we try to justify and make it say what we want to fit our lives instead of trying to Glorify God.

Link Posted: 3/22/2015 9:18:34 PM EDT
[#16]
No.

In the case of homosexuality, we may hate the sin but love the sinner. That is very different from being "pro-gay".

Regarding abortion, it is murder in almost every case, regardless of how we spin it. No way around that one.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 10:30:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
No.

In the case of homosexuality, we may hate the sin but love the sinner. That is very different from being "pro-gay".

Regarding abortion, it is murder in almost every case, regardless of how we spin it. No way around that one.
View Quote

That's my take on it too.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 10:42:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No.

+ 1
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 9:25:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pro Choice - Absolutely not.

What do you mean by "Pro Gay"?
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 9:27:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 10:54:08 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Trolleololoooo!
View Quote
C'mon Aimless,beat the life out of him with your ban hammer.

Link Posted: 3/23/2015 10:58:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 11:09:44 AM EDT
[#23]
"Christian" I can't  speak for ,  there are so many flavors. But Roman Catholic? No. You can be gay or pro gay and be a good Catholic, as long as you are an abstinent gay. Just like if you are an unmarried heterosexual you must abstain or you are sinning.   But you cannot be pro abortion and be a good Catholic. You are promoting a mortal sin.

This from an agnostic  with 6 years of Benedictine  education.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 11:49:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Piss off with all that.

Plenty of religious christians are perfectly fine with Homesexuality. Yeah it goes against the bible teachings, but only the old extremists let their gay hatred take over.
It's really no wonder that christianity is on the decline in one of the most historically religious places on Earth.

Quoted:

Personally as a Catholic I believe that one cannot be both pro-choice and Catholic (I take no position with respect to abortion and other Christian denominations).

Well I suppose it's a good thing you don't make the rules then.

Edit: I just realized this is in the religion forum.. definitely trolling
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 12:00:55 PM EDT
[#25]
no
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 12:09:12 PM EDT
[#26]
yes.

The threshold to be Christian is, in my mind, rather low.

Link Posted: 3/23/2015 2:50:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Piss off with all that.

Plenty of religious christians are perfectly fine with Homesexuality. Yeah it goes against the bible teachings, but only the old extremists let their gay hatred take over.
It's really no wonder that christianity is on the decline in one of the most historically religious places on Earth.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/03/03/article-2109488-1201DB96000005DC-137_468x317.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Piss off with all that.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/03/03/article-2109488-1201DB96000005DC-137_468x317.jpg

Quoted:

Personally as a Catholic I believe that one cannot be both pro-choice and Catholic (I take no position with respect to abortion and other Christian denominations).

Still no.  Just because a denomination has Christian in it doesn't mean they teach it.  God made rules.  Man changed them.  The rules are still there, people just chose to make their own and justify their actions.  There are certain things one must accept and believe to be a Christian, if you look at some if not most who try to justify homosexual acts, they don't hold to these.  Homosexuality is a sin in the OT and is repeated as a sin in the NT.   Without repentance there is no salvation, and without salvation there is damnation.  Some of the nicest neighbors I have had were gay.  I hung out with them and they kept my dog when we're out of town.  Put up a banner welcoming my wife home when we brought my first born son home.  We should treat everyone with love.  But they were going directly against the Bible.  If you have to change things there to justify to yourself your lifestyle, you are compromising the Bible and saying you know better than God.  And at that point I'd question your Christianity.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 2:57:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Still no.  Just because a denomination has Christian in it doesn't mean they teach it.  God made rules.  Man changed them.  The rules are still there, people just chose to make their own and justify their actions.  There are certain things one must accept and believe to be a Christian, if you look at some if not most who try to justify homosexual acts, they don't hold to these.  Homosexuality is a sin in the OT and is repeated as a sin in the NT.   Without repentance there is no salvation, and without salvation there is damnation.  Some of the nicest neighbors I have had were gay.  I hung out with them and they kept my dog when we're out of town.  Put up a banner welcoming my wife home when we brought my first born son home.  We should treat everyone with love.  But they were going directly against the Bible.  If you have to change things there to justify to yourself your lifestyle, you are compromising the Bible and saying you know better than God.  And at that point I'd question your Christianity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Piss off with all that.

Quoted:

yup.

Hate the sin, love the sinner I think is how it works or is supposed to anyway.  We don't get to write the bible the way our society at the time views things.  It is what it is and how it was written then is how it is written now.  You can spin it all you want with your beliefs, but you're fooling yourself, and even worse - others,  if you think you're right.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 3:06:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/23/2015 3:18:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Can you support homosexuality as a bible believing Christian? No.

Can you love you homosexual brother, understanding that they are living in a sin in a sinful fallen world, and that you are also sinful living in the same fallen world? Absolutely.

Should you, as a bible believing Christian help you fallen brother and try to show him that Homosexuality is sinful and mentioned many times in the bible. You better.

Edit: I personally know of multiple "gay" men that are Christians, and understand that their actions and thoughts are sinful.

I also know a few "gay" men that claim to be Christians, but turn a blind eye to God's word, and do whatever makes me happy.

Link Posted: 3/23/2015 3:32:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Piss off with all that.

Quoted:

Quoted:
Should you, as a bible believing Christian help you fallen brother and try to show him that Homosexuality is sinful and mentioned many times in the bible. You better.

Quoted:
I also know a few "gay" men that claim to be Christians, but turn a blind eye to God's word, and do whatever makes me happy.

As they should.

Edit: Out of line
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 3:36:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 3:38:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 3:38:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

You've acknowledged that this isn't GD, and yet you're still acting like it is.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

You've acknowledged that this isn't GD, and yet you're still acting like it is.

Quoted:This is the Religion forum, not the "Not Relgious" forum. This isn't the place to debate the wisdom of religion or to flip out and start F bombing people    

Shit you're right. Honestly that's my mistake, guess that's what I get for not paying attention to which thread I'm on. I'll be editing my responses in respect to the forum.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 3:54:46 PM EDT
[#35]
I would say that yes, it is possible but not desirable. It also depends on how you define "pro-gay." I have friends that believe the mere treatment of a homosexual as a person is "pro-gay" even though I acknowledge that the lifestyle is sinful and an affront to God. People like to oversimplify life, but Christ's sacrifice was for all regardless of our own shortfalls.

I would say that there are definitely many Christians out there that are "pro-gay" and "pro-choice" as I know more than one, but this stems out of a desire to please the world and a lack of sound teaching and discipleship within their life. The decision to be either of these is not one made from a desire to please God or to follow Christ. As Christians, we must remember to stand for what is right because God's Word tells us so, not because we happen to agree on what is offensive to us and our own conscience.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 4:10:15 PM EDT
[#36]
It isn't for Christians to judge.  It is for Christians to live as good an example as they can.  

I've never seen a Christian get in the face of an overweight person to witness to them on the virtues of healthy eating.  I wish I could say the same for homosexuality.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 6:41:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pray and ask God for the answer.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 7:08:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

You kinda have a logic fail in your reasoning.

Of all the religions in your chart, Islam is by far the harshest as to treatment of homosexuals, yet it is the one with the largest growth by percentage.

If "extremism" in dealing with homosexuality is the reason Christianity is declining in Britain, how is it that Islam is gaining?
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 7:12:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Of all the religions in your chart, Islam is by far the harshest as to treatment of homosexuals, yet it is the one with the largest growth by percentage.

If "extremism" in dealing with homosexuality is the reason Christianity is declining in Britain, how is it that Islam is gaining?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We'd have to rule out that the gains aren't from immigration.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 7:47:44 PM EDT
[#40]

Meh... I'll chime in fwiw.

Possible to be pro gay and pro choice (aka kill all da babies!!!) ... and Christian?

Possible? Only if you are completely ignorant and miss-educated about Christianity _AND_ about science and nature.

Lord knows, we don't have any of those people on the planet.

Approximately 50% of Christians in this country voted for the viper currently in the White House. More than half of the Catholic population voted for the shithead communist lying bastard.

Are they Christian?

Well, that largely depends on your definition of Christian. Are they following the teachings of the church? Mostly, NO.

Do they believe in Jesus Christ. Maybe... probably... but I suspect for most they do believe but don't have that at the top of their priority list.

People are easy to deceive. That's the sad truth of the matter. It is very easy to get them to believe complete bullshit like "homosexuality" is an actual condition - even with the absolute complete ZERO amount of scientific evidence. None. There is no conclusive irrefutable scientific evidence that someone who calls themselves a homosexual is genetically different than a heterosexual. Yet.... people believe it. Hell, people these days think you can just call yourself a girl, have you dick cut off and silicon boobs installed and ... presto! you are a girl!!! Freak? yes. Girl? no.

Secondly. The baby growing in the mother's womb is a complete human being with but one purpose. To live. Yet people ignore ALL of the science that stands behind that simple conclusion and delude themselves with red herrings. AND THEN KILL IT.  ...It's truly sad.

The only person who can truthfully judge who will be saved and who will not (sort of synonymous with who is truly Christian and who is not)  is God the Father.

Not me.

YMMV.

(edit because wtf is with all the blank lines appended to the bottom of my post?)

Link Posted: 3/23/2015 7:50:14 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

It isn't for Christians to judge.  It is for Christians to live as good an example as they can.  

I've never seen a Christian get in the face of an overweight person to witness to them on the virtues of healthy eating.  I wish I could say the same for homosexuality.
View Quote
Well, to be fair...there is that "abomination" part that is lacking in reference to eating poorly.

Don't get me wrong, gays can be Christians and saved. But the act itself is no different than adultery or promiscuity, or porn for that matter.  

Can a person be a swinger and a Christian? From the Biblical POV it's no different than homosexual acts.

Link Posted: 3/23/2015 7:51:59 PM EDT
[#42]
convert to Islam and then you can toss gays off the roof
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 7:52:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Christians are called to love the sinner but hate the sin
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 8:00:41 PM EDT
[#44]

also...

We all sin.

Is it possible to be a Christian and commit adultery?

Is it possible to be a Christian and lie, steal, cheat?

Well... ?

Yes and no.

A good Christian follows the teachings of Jesus. We are called to repent of our sins and try to not sin again.

Someone who insists that they ARE a homosexual is similar to someone saying they ARE an adulterer, and therefore do not intend nor need to repent of their sin and also have no intention of trying not to sin again.

I am not saying I have judged that they are not Christian.

But I can say, using my best understanding of what we are instructed to do in order to LIVE AS a Christian, that they are NOT following the teachings of Jesus.

Link Posted: 3/23/2015 8:27:32 PM EDT
[#45]
No. But I am a free agent and open to contracts.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 9:04:47 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
View Quote

The Bible says that homosexuality is an abomination. God destroyed Sodom and Gommorah because of it and then some.

Abortion is the murder of an unborn child.

If you knew Christ you would know that He would never say these things are ok nor would he support them. If you are "pro" something, that means you support it.

You cannot support sin.

Plenty of people say they are a Christian and don't know Christ. Matthew 7:23

So to answer you bluntly, no, you cannot be a real Christian and support murder and homosexuality. Anybody that tells you otherwise is a liar.

Abhor the sin, love the sinner.

Link Posted: 3/23/2015 9:28:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 9:39:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Can you support homosexuality as a bible believing Christian? No.

Can you love you homosexual brother, understanding that they are living in a sin in a sinful fallen world, and that you are also sinful living in the same fallen world? Absolutely.

Edit: I personally know of multiple "gay" men that are Christians, and understand that their actions and thoughts are sinful.

View Quote

But how does that even work? You love your brother but you don't accept him?
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 9:40:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

That doesn't make sense. The sin didn't commit itself. Someone did it. Some hate has to transfer onto the sinner tbh.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 9:44:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

That doesn't make sense. The sin didn't commit itself. Someone did it. Some hate has to transfer onto the sinner tbh.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still haven't defined what you mean by "pro gay".
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top