Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2014 10:39:37 PM EDT
Prayer request for one of my sons who is going blind in one eye.

It's called 'ocular coloboma' plus cataracts and lazy eye all in one. Poor guy is crying and scared. we are going to have to patch his good eye to see if the brain will re-wire itself to at least keep some vision in this weak eye.

We take so many things for granted with our health. CS Lewis once described humanity as living in 'perilous estates' of the body...estates that can seem so efficient and healthy but are incredibly complex and delicately balanced systems of incredible interdependence on God's providence.... if we could keep our reality in mind we'd all be saints.

He's very young so doesn't quite understand everything but knows enough to be scared about 'everything going blurry and then black'.
Thanks.
JUS
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:40:46 PM EDT
[#1]
prayers inbound
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:43:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll say some prayers tonight for your son and your family.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:43:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Can't stand it when the little ones are Sick (with a big S) mine or anybody elses's for that matter ..tears me up inside
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:47:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Prayers for your son.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:48:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Terrible. I hope things improve.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:50:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Prayers sent.

I underwent surgery to correct amblyopia (lazy eye) when I was four or five.  I had to wear a patch for quite a while after.  I don't remember much about it now, just fragments really.  My left eye is still really weak/far sighted, but with glasses, its not too bad.

I pray your son's outcome is successful and that God comforts you as he goes through this.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:06:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks.

Do you remember any coping skills from what your folks told you about those years?

We'll need to patch him for 6 hours a day and since his weak eye is basically nearly blind, he's going to be one miserable boy.

We're thinking of getting a large screen and an old 'atari ping pong' game with the large square white 'ball' he could bounce back and forth to force his weak eye to focus on some light... other than that and books on tape we're stumped as to how to keep him busy on something productive.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:12:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Prayers for your son and your family.
I will also add you guys to my prayers when I attend Mass tomorrow morning.

Please keep us up to date,
and please keep up, as you are able, your other posting.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:20:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:38:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I can't imagine what your going through op. I may have missed it, but how old is your boy?

I'll be praying for you guys
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:49:29 AM EDT
[#11]
I'll be praying for healing and comfort for your son.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:00:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll be praying for healing and comfort for your son.
View Quote

Me too.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:05:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Prayer sent.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 7:50:26 AM EDT
[#14]
I pray that God heals your son and He gets the glory so that many people will witness His miracle and put their faith in Him and His Son Jesus Christ.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 1:13:33 AM EDT
[#15]
In Jesus name and by faith your son's eyes will steadily improve from this time forward and according to and by His stripes your son is healed!
Amen
May his eyes be washed so that he may see!
Father, listen to Your servants now as we boldly come into Your throne room of Grace!
We will minister unto You because we Love You!
Amen
Lord Jesus, grant Us our petition as we ask it so that the Father will be glorified in You.
Lord God Almighty we have asked in Your name of One so that You would do it.
Amen
Let thunder and lightning proceed from Your throne as we praise and worship You Father God and at Your feet!
Amen
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:51:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Praying for God's healing touch.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:13:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 7:02:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Prayer request for one of my sons who is going blind in one eye.

It's called 'ocular coloboma' plus cataracts and lazy eye all in one. Poor guy is crying and scared. we are going to have to patch his good eye to see if the brain will re-wire itself to at least keep some vision in this weak eye.

We take so many things for granted with our health. CS Lewis once described humanity as living in 'perilous estates' of the body...estates that can seem so efficient and healthy but are incredibly complex and delicately balanced systems of incredible interdependence on God's providence.... if we could keep our reality in mind we'd all be saints.

He's very young so doesn't quite understand everything but knows enough to be scared about 'everything going blurry and then black'.
Thanks.
JUS
View Quote

What is his first name?
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 7:35:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Praying for you and your son OP.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:53:50 PM EDT
[#20]
opsec on his name but it is the name of one of the Gospel writers.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:57:26 PM EDT
[#21]
prayers sent
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 4:08:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
opsec on his name but it is the name of one of the Gospel writers.
View Quote

Luther!
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 4:10:07 PM EDT
[#23]
I know brother, just couldn't help it!
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 8:03:12 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Thanks.

Do you remember any coping skills from what your folks told you about those years?

We'll need to patch him for 6 hours a day and since his weak eye is basically nearly blind, he's going to be one miserable boy.

We're thinking of getting a large screen and an old 'atari ping pong' game with the large square white 'ball' he could bounce back and forth to force his weak eye to focus on some light... other than that and books on tape we're stumped as to how to keep him busy on something productive.

View Quote
I talked to my Mom.  She offered a few thoughts.  First, she said to be faithful to the process.  Stick to it.  She knew several others, including one of my cousins, that didn't follow the doctor's orders faithfully, and their outcomes were not as good.

She also said the the doctor said to be careful around stairs, due to the possibility of tripping.  She said I actually did really well with that.

I wore glasses while my eye was patched, so I played pretty normally with stuff.  Can't offer much there.

Again, wish your son all the best, and sent another prayer.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 10:00:53 PM EDT
[#25]

We will pray as well!!

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:15:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Day 6 of patching him and he can now read large letters at a distance of 4 feet - and recognize their color.

It seems like a small thing but I'm telling you guys that this is huge. Thanks for the prayers and keep 'em coming. I really can't tell you how grateful we are.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:18:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Lord have mercy on this son and his family...
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:46:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Day 6 of patching him and he can now read large letters at a distance of 4 feet - and recognize their color.

It seems like a small thing but I'm telling you guys that this is huge. Thanks for the prayers and keep 'em coming. I really can't tell you how grateful we are.
View Quote

Great news!  Please keep us updated.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:51:23 PM EDT
[#29]
That's great to hear. May our Father in Heaven give him more vision every day.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:57:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Awesome!
God is Wonderful!
Praise His Holy Name!!
Top Top