Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2014 8:05:11 PM EDT
I've moved to a new city, Arlington, TX, and I'm oline searching for possible churches to visit in my families search for a church home. I have already found three Baptist churches that has women on their staff as pastors. Ok they are children's pastors but still pastors.

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 8:30:55 PM EDT
[#1]
They're cheaper.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 10:40:49 PM EDT
[#2]
since the churches are about to all close
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:16:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Since men cannot say no to their wives on the whole.. All that political correctness and stuff don't you know.

Hey, sounds like a poem coming on.

I hate when this happens!
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:28:21 AM EDT
[#4]
<><***

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:49:57 AM EDT
[#5]
there are probably 1000 churches in Arlington, not surprised that 3 would say they are some kind of Baptist and have women pastors.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:54:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've moved to a new city, Arlington, TX, and I'm oline searching for possible churches to visit in my families search for a church home. I have already found three Baptist churches that has women on their staff as pastors. Ok they are children's pastors but still pastors.

View Quote

if you have children. check  out Crossroads Church on south 360.
they have a fantastic ministry for kids.

Crossroads Church
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 6:37:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Crossroads Church
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Crossroads Church

Thanks I will!
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 6:48:10 AM EDT
[#8]
most churches that carry the name Baptist, are noting of the sort.  I would say that for a lot of denominations.  Bring up the Biblical requirements of a pastor to a female pastor and they either excuse away or ignore the Bible.

but hey what do I know?  I still believe that a Born again believers responsibility is glorify God and his Son Jesus Christ, not adhere to what ever society has determined religion should be.

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 10:38:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
most churches that carry the name Baptist, are noting of the sort.  I would say that for a lot of denominations.  Bring up the Biblical requirements of a pastor to a female pastor and they either excuse away or ignore the Bible.

but hey what do I know?  I still believe that a Born again believers responsibility is glorify God and his Son Jesus Christ, not adhere to what ever society has determined religion should be.

View Quote

Did society say that women can't be pastors or did God.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 12:22:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

What kind of Baptists might we be talking about here?

Not Southern or Fundamental Baptists I would think.

Arlington huh? Big city; sounds about right?  Not that I have any issues concerning people who generally live in the urban setting or most churches who employ women for the proper roles in which God through the Bible has called them to do. Now, the Bible doesn't state that a female sister is exempt  from preaching the word in an evangelical type setting according to  the God-given situation.

However, when it comes to a woman pastoring a church, it is there where there is a line drawn about their role as the leader concerning a leadership role, or the Pastor ship, within any church ministry and as I believe as it should be.

Now, I say these things because God; Conductor; Instructor; Leader; Sacrifice, has set up an order of arrangement in the body of Christ which is His Church, which is this: Woman understanding and allowing herself to always be under the spiritual authority on the man; i.e. Pastor/Priest, father, husband, brother, uncle, church elder. Now here again, I know that this order does seem somewhat outdated as to today's worldly standards of women having an equal status with men, but those are worldly standards and thus an avenue or another "choice" that God has set down before us once again.

And in this it is quite simple really.

We have a Christ who is the supreme God over the Church of Jesus Christ (no denominational pun here intended) and everywhere else for that matter.

His order of ministry obligations to the creation and not ours (here is where the obedience thing is offered in a time the opportunity for spiritual growth and grace abounds in accordance with growth in all areas due to furthering Holy Spirit directed and Biblical, and thus spiritual kingdom knowledge given and with purpose according to our ministry objectives).

If willing, the blessings from the kingdom of God are made apparent for these earnest and voluntary acts of submission toward the Creator, if not, God will make other arrangements in the form of other options called "choices" for the reasons of: Education: Reeducation: Correction: Judgment: Punishment; awareness to all of His presence for different and various reasons; and then some according to God's final judgment upon the all of mankind.

And God has known beforehand or in that sense of predestination who will comply to the Biblical directives and then who will not. Thus the need for an age of God's love, compassion, understanding shown, and a period of God's wonderful grace that He continues to show us from the Cross, right to this very day, which God has very greatly made for us!

There it is and as always, much more, and thanking the Spirit often!

Thanks,

SAE

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What kind of Baptists might we be talking about here?

Not Southern or Fundamental Baptists I would think.

Arlington huh? Big city; sounds about right?  Not that I have any issues concerning people who generally live in the urban setting or most churches who employ women for the proper roles in which God through the Bible has called them to do. Now, the Bible doesn't state that a female sister is exempt  from preaching the word in an evangelical type setting according to  the God-given situation.

However, when it comes to a woman pastoring a church, it is there where there is a line drawn about their role as the leader concerning a leadership role, or the Pastor ship, within any church ministry and as I believe as it should be.

Now, I say these things because God; Conductor; Instructor; Leader; Sacrifice, has set up an order of arrangement in the body of Christ which is His Church, which is this: Woman understanding and allowing herself to always be under the spiritual authority on the man; i.e. Pastor/Priest, father, husband, brother, uncle, church elder. Now here again, I know that this order does seem somewhat outdated as to today's worldly standards of women having an equal status with men, but those are worldly standards and thus an avenue or another "choice" that God has set down before us once again.

And in this it is quite simple really.

We have a Christ who is the supreme God over the Church of Jesus Christ (no denominational pun here intended) and everywhere else for that matter.

His order of ministry obligations to the creation and not ours (here is where the obedience thing is offered in a time the opportunity for spiritual growth and grace abounds in accordance with growth in all areas due to furthering Holy Spirit directed and Biblical, and thus spiritual kingdom knowledge given and with purpose according to our ministry objectives).

If willing, the blessings from the kingdom of God are made apparent for these earnest and voluntary acts of submission toward the Creator, if not, God will make other arrangements in the form of other options called "choices" for the reasons of: Education: Reeducation: Correction: Judgment: Punishment; awareness to all of His presence for different and various reasons; and then some according to God's final judgment upon the all of mankind.

And God has known beforehand or in that sense of predestination who will comply to the Biblical directives and then who will not. Thus the need for an age of God's love, compassion, understanding shown, and a period of God's wonderful grace that He continues to show us from the Cross, right to this very day, which God has very greatly made for us!

There it is and as always, much more, and thanking the Spirit often!

Thanks,

SAE

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 12:36:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

God
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 2:19:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Double taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap. "I am Caaptain Roumbo!
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 7:38:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

God
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

God

If you feel that way I don't understand your comment about society determining religion.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 2:45:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

If you feel that way I don't understand your comment about society determining religion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

God

Compromising the Word of God.  Ignoring Biblical principles so as to fit into society as it gets further from those biblical principles.  Following the Politically Correct thinking so as to not be labeled a Bible Thumper, or any other term.  You know be the Christian that society wants, and a good portion of ARFCOM.  That Christian that you would actually never know is a Christian because they never do or say anything that is not approved by the PC crowd.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 5:10:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Compromising the Word of God.  Ignoring Biblical principles so as to fit into society as it gets further from those biblical principles.  Following the Politically Correct thinking so as to not be labeled a Bible Thumper, or any other term.  You know be the Christian that society wants, and a good portion of ARFCOM.  That Christian that you would actually never know is a Christian because they never do or say anything that is not approved by the PC crowd.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

God

I got you. I thought you were saying that being concerned about women pastors isn't that important and that the "ban" on women pastors is a society thing.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 5:20:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I got you. I thought you were saying that being concerned about women pastors isn't that important and that the "ban" on women pastors is a society thing.
View Quote

Oh yeah, now I understand your question..  Sorry about that.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:24:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

God
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

God

Do you have a scripture reference for this claim? If not, then it's not from God. If you go to Levitical references, then that leaves out everyone is not a Kohen. I am not saying one way or the other about women Pastors, but there definitely are women Prophets in The Bible.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:43:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Do you have a scripture reference for this claim? If not, then it's not from God. If you go to Levitical references, then that leaves out everyone is not a Kohen. I am not saying one way or the other about women Pastors, but there definitely are women Prophets in The Bible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

God

Well I am not Jewish. So I am not a priest.  Nor are New Testament Christian pastors taken from the Levites. Unless someone traces their liniage to the Levites and then becomes a Born again Believer.

1Timothy 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

Contrary to popular belief, by those that despise Christianity,  that does not mean women are to be seen and not herd

1Timothy 3:1 ¶ This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.

2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

Just for giggles let us also apply that standards of a deacon since a large percentage of those who hold the office don't even qualify, nor do they even understand the position.

1Ti 3:10 And let these also first be proved; then let them use the office of a deacon, being found blameless.

11 Even so must their wives be grave, not slanderers, sober, faithful in all things.

12 Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.

Also if you are to carefully study those instances in the Old Testament that you referenced.  In Each case as I recall.  it was because the males that should have taken the lead, were a bunch of wimps, with neither courage nor the capacity to get in touch with God.  Playing in sin and not really caring about the condition of Israel and or Judah
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 4:16:02 PM EDT
[#19]
I know of several people who attend "American" Baptist churches. There are women pastors.

Per Wikipedia, they allow the ordination of women.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 5:37:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Well I am not Jewish. So I am not a priest.  Nor are New Testament Christian pastors taken from the Levites. Unless someone traces their liniage to the Levites and then becomes a Born again Believer.

1Timothy 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

Contrary to popular belief, by those that despise Christianity,  that does not mean women are to be seen and not herd

1Timothy 3:1 ¶ This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.

2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

Just for giggles let us also apply that standards of a deacon since a large percentage of those who hold the office don't even qualify, nor do they even understand the position.

1Ti 3:10 And let these also first be proved; then let them use the office of a deacon, being found blameless.

11 Even so must their wives be grave, not slanderers, sober, faithful in all things.

12 Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.

Also if you are to carefully study those instances in the Old Testament that you referenced.  In Each case as I recall.  it was because the males that should have taken the lead, were a bunch of wimps, with neither courage nor the capacity to get in touch with God.  Playing in sin and not really caring about the condition of Israel and or Judah
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

God

Agreed.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 1:45:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I know of several people who attend "American" Baptist churches. There are women pastors.

Per Wikipedia, they allow the ordination of women.
View Quote

And Roger Williams would be disgusted by that.  A clear violation of the Word of God.

as time moves forward.  more and more the standards by which my Baptist Forefathers stood on.  are being laid aside as unimportant.  Something as simple as believers Baptism.  Baptist were banished, had their property seized, beaten, jailed, and even a few times murdered, because they would not practice infant Baptism.  Their Children were considered illegitimate and their marriages were considered invalid, because they refused to hold to the Congregational Church teachings and practices.  Men Like Obadiah Homes and the aforementioned Roger Williams, even though Williams would later soften his stand as a Baptist, he still held to standards.  These men stood for something.  And yes this happened on our Soil.  The garbage taught in schools misses the entirety of what Religious Freedom was really all about.

Now. many churches claiming the name Baptist are nothing of the sort.  they compromise the truth because it is inconvenient.  Either that or they are just lazy.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 2:02:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Agreed.
View Quote

If you are interested in Baptist history at all. I highly recommend "America in Crimson Red" By Dr. James Beller.

Pastor Bellor went home to be with the Lord Earlier this year.  He was Lover of God and a strong supporter of the foundations of the Faith.  That and really fun to be around.  His book was exhaustively researched.  It is one of the few books I have read other then the Bible, that I have read more then once.

in it he shows the rise of our nation and what influence Baptist had on freedom.  the bibliography alone took years to go thru for him.  and he provides the information on where he got the information for the book.

America in Crimson Red
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 5:59:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

If you are interested in Baptist history at all. I highly recommend "America in Crimson Red" By Dr. James Beller.

Pastor Bellor went home to be with the Lord Earlier this year.  He was Lover of God and a strong supporter of the foundations of the Faith.  That and really fun to be around.  His book was exhaustively researched.  It is one of the few books I have read other then the Bible, that I have read more then once.

in it he shows the rise of our nation and what influence Baptist had on freedom.  the bibliography alone took years to go thru for him.  and he provides the information on where he got the information for the book.

America in Crimson Red
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

America in Crimson Red

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 8:35:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Crossroads Church
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Crossroads Church

AWSOME Church! We just may become members. Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:52:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Thanks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

America in Crimson Red

Thanks

Looks good to me!
Jim
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 10:01:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

God
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

God

wrong.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 10:44:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Aright. Lay it on us Brother!
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 2:37:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Yes please go to the Biblical requirements and tell me with scripture where i am wrong.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 6:04:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

God

wrong.

Well????Enlighten me?
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 6:26:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Crossroads Church

That's great  
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 6:27:21 PM EDT
[#31]
"Thermal Nermal"
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:31:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
"Thermal Nermal"
View Quote

13 hit and run.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 10:05:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top