Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2014 3:47:18 PM EDT
2 requests:

1: My mom is going into surgery in the morning for a blockage in her small intestine. It's not an exotic rare surgery or anything, but going under the knife always has risks. I ask you pray as the Holy Spirit leads you.

2:  A man by the name of Kim Hammond spoke at our church yesterday. He came to the U.S. from Australia with his wife and son about 5 years ago. My church consulted with him regarding the efficiency of our missions since that is what his "specialty" is. Anyway, about four months after he arrived here his son was diagnosed with cancer. He went through chemo and all the other things that go along with it (I don't know exactly what they are), and he has been in remmision for the last few years. In January of this year Kim was diagnosed with lukemia and has just finished his first round of chemo. He has two more rounds to go. I ask that you will join me in praying for the healing of this fine man.  Let God have ALL the glory!

Thanks
UPDATE:
We were told at church today that Kim Hammond's cancer is gone!  Praise God!

My mom goes into her last surgery tomorrow, so I should be giving another praise update tomorrow!
UPDATE 2:
The doctor just came out and said that all is well. Praise God!
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 4:00:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Knee mail inbound.
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 4:11:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Prayers offered.
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 4:18:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Prayers for both.   God bless you and your family as well.
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 4:22:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 4:37:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Prayers sent for everyone involved including you op.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 5:23:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks to everyone for their prayers. My mom came out of surgery fine. There were a few complications, but they were expected and the doctor was ready for them. He said he questions his original diagnosis of diverticulitis, but we won't know anything for sure until we get the toxicology report back.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 5:25:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 5:26:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Prayers sent.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 10:30:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks again to everyone that prayed for my mom. We got the results back from the toxicology tests and it is negative for cancer!  Praise God!  Diverticulitis was the correct diagnosis after all. She's coming along pretty good with her recovery as well, so everything is on the positive side.

Link Posted: 5/16/2014 1:34:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks again to everyone that prayed for my mom. We got the results back from the toxicology tests and it is negative for cancer!  Praise God!  Diverticulitis was the correct diagnosis after all. She's coming along pretty good with her recovery as well, so everything is on the positive side.

View Quote
We will keep you all in our prayers. This is great news!

Link Posted: 5/16/2014 3:02:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is great news indeed!  Thank you so much. The surgery was only suppose to take about 2-3 hours, but with the complications it turned into a little over 6 hours. The doctor all but came out and admitted that he thought it was cancer. He said that he 'highly doubted' his original diagnosis of diverticulitis, with the way he said it and his facial expressions I could tell what he meant. I have no doubt that God heard the prayers and answered them. To God be the glory!
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 9:28:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 10:09:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Praise God for these awesome reports!
May the name of Jesus be exalted far above the heavens by all of the ones who have been called by Him, and by the power of that Name coupled with the very great faith that God has given to us!

The power by faith to move the mountains that He created for us to move!

Anyways, a prayer request from my wife Janice concerning a friend of ours.  Her name is Mona O'Brien, a real stalwart soldier of the LORD. Six years ago or so, she battled breast cancer and until last winter has been cancer free.  She went to the Dr. for  serious back pain last January. Turns out it is cancer in her spine, lymph nodes and spleen.  Three different kinds of cancer. She has had numerous surgeries and treatments, now having serious infection in her spine.  They need to do surgical treatment to remove infection, however she is too weak. Please pray for guidance for doctors and for her healing.  

Link Posted: 8/17/2014 11:56:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Praise God for these awesome reports!
May the name of Jesus be exalted far above the heavens by all of the ones who have been called by Him, and by the power of that Name coupled with the very great faith that God has given to us!

The power by faith to move the mountains that He created for us to move!

Anyways, a prayer request from my wife Janice concerning a friend of ours.  Her name is Mona O'Brien, a real stalwart soldier of the LORD. Six years ago or so, she battled breast cancer and until last winter has been cancer free.  She went to the Dr. for  serious back pain last January. Turns out it is cancer in her spine, lymph nodes and spleen.  Three different kinds of cancer. She has had numerous surgeries and treatments, now having serious infection in her spine.  They need to do surgical treatment to remove infection, however she is too weak. Please pray for guidance for doctors and for her healing.  

View Quote

Amen, and prayers on the way
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 11:55:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 12:11:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top