Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2014 6:59:24 PM EDT
I'm not trying to make this a bashing thread, but I've been watching the interview before the movie comes out...

This kid, in every interview I've seen him in since he was a kid, he seems so full of it to me.  Almost like he's either made it up completely, or was making it up as he went along.  From his body language, to his voice as he's talking, to the descriptions of heaven itself, everything just sends off red flags to me.  

Like I said, I don't intend this to be a Christianity bashing thread. I'm a Christian.  I just personally don't believe this story.  I'm sure this has come up in the past, but I couldn't find any threads in search, so forgive me if it's a dupe.

Anyone else have the same/different POV on this?
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 7:04:57 PM EDT
[#1]
me and  friend drown in a rip tide in 1975 and just last year talked about dying and going to heaven and our stories matched to a tee
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 8:34:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
me and  friend drown in a rip tide in 1975 and just last year talked about dying and going to heaven and our stories matched to a tee
View Quote

I would honestly be interested to hear your story if you care to share it.  Near-death experiences fascinate me.  Almost all of those I've heard about share similar experiences.  Rarely do I hear of people being seen "in their prime" not at the age they died, or some of the other things the kid described.  I'm willing to be proven wrong, though.  
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:50:55 AM EDT
[#3]
This may or may not be exactly what your talking about but I got one for you.

My son is now two years but this happened around 14 months old. He was starting to gab words and try to express needs. He knew momma and daddy and a few other words but not much along the lines of people names. I showed him a picture of my late grandfather and he pointed out and looked at me and said "Pawpaw." when he said that he had a look on his face of I know that man.

Take it for what it's worth but I believe my son met my grandfather before he was born on this earth.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:02:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm not trying to make this a bashing thread, but I've been watching the interview before the movie comes out...

This kid, in every interview I've seen him in since he was a kid, he seems so full of it to me.  Almost like he's either made it up completely, or was making it up as he went along.  From his body language, to his voice as he's talking, to the descriptions of heaven itself, everything just sends off red flags to me.  

Like I said, I don't intend this to be a Christianity bashing thread. I'm a Christian.  I just personally don't believe this story.  I'm sure this has come up in the past, but I couldn't find any threads in search, so forgive me if it's a dupe.

View Quote

i'm a christian as well, and i feel the exact same way.  i listened to his interview with hannity on the way home from work yesterday.  it sounded like he had an out of body experience and dream during his surgery.  at 4 he wouldve understood that his dad was a pastor and he would have known who God/jesus were.  i think it's a good story, i'm sure the movie will be popluar, but it's a story, that is all.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 3:02:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
i'm a christian as well, and i feel the exact same way.  i listened to his interview with hannity on the way home from work yesterday.  it sounded like he had an out of body experience and dream during his surgery.  at 4 he wouldve understood that his dad was a pastor and he would have known who God/jesus were.  i think it's a good story, i'm sure the movie will be popluar, but it's a story, that is all.
View Quote

I've been thinking a lot on it.  And the more I think on it, the more I think this would be a classic case for what scientists describe as the body dying and brain easing the pain.  The kid describes everything that any child would think of heaven.  I remember one girl had a NDE back in the 90's and described it as floating on clouds that tasted like ice cream and cotton candy.  

That's not to say true NDEs where one has a religious experience isn't true.  I just don't think Heaven, if it is even real, seems like that.  Heaven, afterall, wasn't really conceived of for a long time and isn't really mentioned much in the Bible if I remember correctly.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:43:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

I heard him on Hannity on the ride home the other day. I had the same feeling.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:17:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I've been thinking a lot on it.  And the more I think on it, the more I think this would be a classic case for what scientists describe as the body dying and brain easing the pain.  The kid describes everything that any child would think of heaven.  I remember one girl had a NDE back in the 90's and described it as floating on clouds that tasted like ice cream and cotton candy.  

That's not to say true NDEs where one has a religious experience isn't true.  I just don't think Heaven, if it is even real, seems like that.  Heaven, afterall, wasn't really conceived of for a long time and isn't really mentioned much in the Bible if I remember correctly.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You guys ever look into Dr. Eben Alexander? I don't know about the kid, because I've heard mixed feelings on him, and people have been known to deceive. However if he says he's a Christian, and he's lying about Heaven and Christ, then that kid and family is going to be in a world of pain come judgement. Dr. Alexander has an interesting story though. If I was a Christian and understood the repercussions of what he's doing I couldn't do what he did. This is between him and God.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top