Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2008 12:31:19 AM EDT
I have a utility trailer that was home built. I bought it from a former co-worker, and have put a little work into making it road worthy again. Recently, I redid the bearings on both hubs, as I had lost one of the outer dust caps a while ago.

I need replacement dust/grease caps. I've tried as best I can searching through Google, and I've tried to look at Jegs, Summit, and Year One, and local shops like Tractor Supply and the local RV center.

From what I know, they are old Ford 5 bolt drum brake hubs. The dust caps diameter that I need is 1.937" (1 15/16"). Everyone in the free world sells a 1.98" cap, which obviously doesn't work. (As a former mechanic and fitter, I can't squeeze the extra .050 in.)

Someone point me towards a pair of caps that will fit, please!?
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 3:43:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Did you try a local marine supply store?

Usually have quite the assortment there of bearing buddies.
Link Posted: 10/10/2008 11:02:46 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Did you try a local marine supply store?

Usually have quite the assortment there of bearing buddies.

No joy, all they had were too small.
Link Posted: 10/10/2008 11:07:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Napa part number 730-2409 has a flange od 1.943
Link Posted: 10/11/2008 10:28:22 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Napa part number 730-2409 has a flange od 1.943

out-friggin-standing, thank you very much!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top