BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 348
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 9:31:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TrashWrencher:

The only thing worse than no ground guide is "autistic random hand flapping" ground guiding.  Especially when the person flapping like a retarded duck gets pissed because you don't understand what the bell they're trying to get you to do.
View Quote
Those are right with the idiots that stand where you can't see them and yell like you can hear them.
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 4:53:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone have any insight on a 2018 Ram 2500 Abs hydraulic unit and module intermittent ground fault? Tsb and trouble tree point at replacing both, no stock no eta without dropping the truck at the dealer and waiting. We have one truck that has been in the dealer for this issue 6 months, and a second one just happened.
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 6:18:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: prossound] [#3]
Originally Posted By Aspp:
Anyone have any insight on a 2018 Ram 2500 Abs hydraulic unit and module intermittent ground fault? Tsb and trouble tree point at replacing both, no stock no eta without dropping the truck at the dealer and waiting. We have one truck that has been in the dealer for this issue 6 months, and a second one just happened.
View Quote

My 18 Ram has had the hydraulic unit replaced twice in 38k miles. The second one was the last week of September. Might want to light a fire under someone’s butt. They are out there for the dealership
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 9:31:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By prossound:

My 18 Ram has had the hydraulic unit replaced twice in 38k miles. The second one was the last week of September. Might want to light a fire under someone's butt. They are out there for the dealership
View Quote
Earliest any dealership within 4hrs drive time can get it in is the 2ed of Jan, cannot order parts until they have the truck in the shop, next best is the 16th of Jan, same deal with parts. The one sitting at the dealer said we are #229 in line to get the hydraulic unit and 10xxsomething for the module. Only 2 of the dealerships said they would order the parts for me to install in our shop, but no eta and their service department will take priority.
I have a call into a FMCA rep, see if we can factory direct parts for both trucks.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 12:10:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Earliest any dealership within 4hrs drive time can get it in is the 2ed of Jan, cannot order parts until they have the truck in the shop, next best is the 16th of Jan, same deal with parts. The one sitting at the dealer said we are #229 in line to get the hydraulic unit and 10xxsomething for the module. Only 2 of the dealerships said they would order the parts for me to install in our shop, but no eta and their service department will take priority.
I have a call into a FMCA rep, see if we can factory direct parts for both trucks.
View Quote

@Aspp

Join the ram forum and pm user ramcares. They will escalate your case. I did that to get my second one covered 1 week out of warranty and it was repaired in 2 days
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 12:43:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By prossound:

@Aspp

Join the ram forum and pm user ramcares. They will escalate your case. I did that to get my second one covered 1 week out of warranty and it was repaired in 2 days
View Quote
Thanks for the heads up on ramcares. I'm adding that to my list of "use in case of emergency" contacts.

I have a contact with Ram/FCMA corporate that is diving into it all for me now, if he can't straighten things out a little I'll hit up ramcares. This guy has gotten me motors under warranty when the dealers have not been able order them, so I'm hopeful.
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 1:57:28 AM EDT
[#7]

Don't have all data access. Really, after double checking the fuses and then replacing the switch, mom had to go back home. I have to stay home and watch the sick boy again tomorrow, or I would've swapped cars and done some more digging tomorrow at work.
ETA: I'm assuming that the brake switch is just a normally open switch that closes when the pedal is depressed and the plunger moves out.  I'm also assuming, since I have no schematics, that I could feasibly use a jumper wire to close the circuit manually.  However, there are 4 wires into the switch, so maybe not?
View Quote
2 circuits. 1 to bcm and other to stop lamp relay. You can jumper the 2 B+ terminals to their adjacent terminals.
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 6:46:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TrashWrencher] [#8]
No pictures because I'm at home, but our 836K's belly pan valve bodies have a different kind of hydraulic line connection than our H.  It's almost like a truck airline press in fitting, but not quite.  Last time I took one off (blown line) buggered the hell out of the hose fitting using some pliers.  What is the correct tool to use?

Edit: On my mom's hyudai.  I replaced the switch, and nothing happened.  So.....

I assumed that all 3 brake lights wouldn't go out at the same time.  Guess what?  It was all 3 lights that were just burnt out.  Chances are, they went out one at a time, but they didn't notice until the other week when someone jumped out of their car at a light and told my mom none of her lights were working.

Link Posted: 12/10/2022 7:21:34 PM EDT
[#9]
No pictures because I'm at home, but our 836K's belly pan valve bodies have a different kind of hydraulic line connection than our H.  It's almost like a truck airline press in fitting, but not quite.  Last time I took one off (blown line) buggered the hell out of the hose fitting using some pliers.  What is the correct tool to use?

Edit: On my mom's hyudai.  I replaced the switch, and nothing happened.  So.....

I assumed that all 3 brake lights wouldn't go out at the same time.  Guess what?  It was all 3 lights that were just burnt out.  Chances are, they went out one at a time, but they didn't notice until the other week when someone jumped out of their car at a light and told my mom none of her lights were working.

View Quote

Wasn't my post about asking if the lights were any good?

Would this work? I've never had to mess with that valve or the lines.

Link Posted: 12/10/2022 7:59:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Wasn't my post about asking if the lights were any good?

Would this work? I've never had to mess with that valve or the lines.

https://www.freedomracing.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/4/2/42400-w-1920x1440.jpg
View Quote

Yep.  Man, what’re the chances 3 lights are out at once?

Link to those tools?
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 8:06:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 9:15:15 PM EDT
[#12]

Thanks man. I’ll try to find some locally and send my runner.
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 9:32:55 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Most parts houses that cater to tractor and trailers should have them.
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 10:52:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for the heads up on ramcares. I'm adding that to my list of "use in case of emergency" contacts.

I have a contact with Ram/FCMA corporate that is diving into it all for me now, if he can't straighten things out a little I'll hit up ramcares. This guy has gotten me motors under warranty when the dealers have not been able order them, so I'm hopeful.
View Quote
Both Ram pickups will be delt with under warranty, parts are being air shipped from somewhere, as soon as they show up they will be installed, supposed to be done by Wednesday at the latest. We will see.

Cat D6N PER prefix, 3 now have almost permanent derate issues in the heat (fire line work), one is at a Dealer I trust, one is at the dealer I had issues with, 3rd is in one of my shops with a good heavy equipment mechanic, for a second time. Everyone is chasing different ideas out.

Lucky me, it rained cats and dogs this weekend or I would be in a tight spot with 3 cats out of commission.
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 10:57:15 AM EDT
[#15]
@Midcap

8L8Z*19E616*C should be the part you need.
YH1881 is the Motorcraft pn if you want to buy it off of rockauto.
It's called a blend air motor, and I'm not sure if you can swap this one without pulling the dash. I don't work on 1/2 tons hardly at all.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By midcap:
I got a query for you Ford bros

My Truck 2011 F 150 with manual temp control only blows at your feet.

so I feel the Air Distribution Door Actuator
Base Part Number: 19E616 is bad

Do you have an actual part number so I can snaggle one and replace it?
@Midcap

8L8Z*19E616*C should be the part you need.
YH1881 is the Motorcraft pn if you want to buy it off of rockauto.
It's called a blend air motor, and I'm not sure if you can swap this one without pulling the dash. I don't work on 1/2 tons hardly at all.

thanks brother....I picked it up and installed...cold air again out the dash!!!
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 11:00:08 AM EDT
[#16]
2011 F 250 with 6.2 v8, 200,000 miles

started wouldn't turn over, swapped relays under hood, still nothing. moved to nuetral to start still nothing.

Before I could get my test light to see if the solenoid was getting power it cranked up and have been starting ever since

connections are tight and zero corrosion.

You guys think the bendix on the started just has a bad spot and get's on it everyone once in a while and won't start?
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 12:25:55 PM EDT
[#17]

started wouldn't turn over, swapped relays under hood, still nothing. moved to nuetral to start still nothing.

Before I could get my test light to see if the solenoid was getting power it cranked up and have been starting ever since

You guys think the bendix on the started just has a bad spot and get's on it everyone once in a while and won't start?
View Quote

A seemingly tight and corrosion-free connection can have some corrosion under the nut that you can't see. Loosening and retightening the nut can break this and clean it up.
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 12:30:03 PM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

Got them ordered at Oreillys. They’ll have them at noon.
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 12:48:47 PM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 12/12/2022 1:35:55 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

FWIW, I love this place. I suck at my job (13.5 years to go) and y’all help me all the time!
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 2:24:31 PM EDT
[#21]

thanks brother....I picked it up and installed...cold air again out the dash!!!
View Quote
No problem.
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 2:24:51 PM EDT
[#22]

FWIW, I love this place. I suck at my job (13.5 years to go) and y'all help me all the time!
View Quote
Amen.
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 3:02:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: midcap] [#23]

A seemingly tight and corrosion-free connection can have some corrosion under the nut that you can't see. Loosening and retightening the nut can break this and clean it up.
View All Quotes

I am gonna go ahead and do that...see what happens....I am maybe thinking that you are right, because now that I think about it, kinda seems maybe not a good connection. I almsot thought it was a bad ground at first.
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 4:24:33 PM EDT
[#24]

FWIW, I love this place. I suck at my job (13.5 years to go) and y’all help me all the time!
View All Quotes

Did they do the trick?

FYI...I suck at my job too. Fake it til you make it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 4:30:01 PM EDT
[#25]

Did they do the trick?

View All Quotes

Did they do the trick?

I won't know until tomorrow sometime.  Son had an fever last night and school requires 24 hours without, so I'm hanging out with him on my sick time.  Except, if he goes to school tomorrow, I won't use any sick time because I still can work 44 hours starting tomorrow.
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 4:47:30 PM EDT
[#26]

I am gonna go ahead and do that...see what happens....I am maybe thinking that you are right, because now that I think about it, kinda seems maybe not a good connection. I almsot thought it was a bad ground at first.
View All Quotes

Doesn't take much green schmoo to slow or stop the angry pixies on a high amperage circuit.
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 4:52:09 PM EDT
[#27]

Doesn't take much green schmoo to slow or stop the angry pixies on a high amperage circuit.
View All Quotes

Or black schmoo
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 5:07:23 PM EDT
[#28]
View All Quotes

Or black schmoo
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258113/FB2B139A-CC1B-4A07-A6CF-EA98BFC6BC70_jpe-2633019.JPG

Any kind of schmoo really.
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 5:32:28 PM EDT
[#29]

Did they do the trick?

View Quote

Click it till you brick it is our programming moto
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 5:54:07 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

Was kinda nasty and the green shit was caked on

Link Posted: 12/12/2022 6:29:04 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 12/13/2022 1:50:35 AM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

If i forget my gloves and get that suff on me the shit make me itch for days and leaves a wierd metal taste in my mouth. Weird allergies for 100 Alex.
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 9:29:13 AM EDT
[#33]
View All Quotes

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/6578B03F-C6AB-44D2-9829-8851B7318BE5-478.gif

yeah copper and such, plus the truck spends it's life on the island majority of its life...plenty salt air
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 9:31:12 AM EDT
[#34]

If i forget my gloves and get that suff on me the shit make me itch for days and leaves a wierd metal taste in my mouth. Weird allergies for 100 Alex.
View All Quotes

lol damn man that's wild.

You want to hear somthing crazy about alergies.

So in the boat building world when it comes to fiberglass/kevlar/carbon layups...you have two choices of resin. Styrene monomer based and epoxy based.

Well somthing crazy happens to people who work primarily in epoxy especially those doing all the sanding....sometiems they will develop an alergy to the epoxy so bad, they pretty much have to retire from working on epoxy boats the alergy is so bad.
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 12:35:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Operator states fuck the guys who check out equipment at 0530.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 2:07:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 2:08:16 PM EDT
[#37]

So in the boat building world when it comes to fiberglass/kevlar/carbon layups...you have two choices of resin. Styrene monomer based and epoxy based.

Well somthing crazy happens to people who work primarily in epoxy especially those doing all the sanding....sometiems they will develop an alergy to the epoxy so bad, they pretty much have to retire from working on epoxy boats the alergy is so bad.
View All Quotes

Funny allergy story...I'm allergic to an allergy medication.
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 5:58:41 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

LoL that’s like dividing by zero
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 5:59:05 PM EDT
[#39]
I am auto tek

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 6:40:26 PM EDT
[#40]

Could use some more cable and maybe a mattress wrapped up in there but otherwise looks about right.
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 7:03:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By newguy2k3:

Could use some more cable and maybe a mattress wrapped up in there but otherwise looks about right.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By newguy2k3:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/14/2022 10:46:55 AM EDT
[#42]
Surprised monster!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 11:24:40 AM EDT
[#43]
Surprised monster!
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258113/image_jpg-2634800.JPG
View Quote

Every time one comes in, that's all I see when walking by.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 12:17:14 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

Here’s what I replace.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 12:58:39 PM EDT
[#45]

Here’s what I replace.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258113/image_jpg-2634862.JPG
View All Quotes

Here’s what I replace.

I've seen several come in with jacked up or missing striker bars but they never want us to replace them.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 1:27:08 PM EDT
[#46]

I've seen several come in with jacked up or missing striker bars but they never want us to replace them.
View All Quotes

Here’s what I replace.

Our boss man wants em replaced.  Not necessarily when it first comes off, but when the compactor comes in for a bigger service or unrelated repair.  We’re now looking at putting a dewalt 20v sawzall in the cab to encourage the operator to cut the tires off before things break.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 3:08:24 PM EDT
[#47]

Our boss man wants em replaced.  Not necessarily when it first comes off, but when the compactor comes in for a bigger service or unrelated repair.  We’re now looking at putting a dewalt 20v sawzall in the cab to encourage the operator to cut the tires off before things break.
View Quote

Let me know how that works out, trying to get an operator to do anything besides climbing in the cab and sitting on their ass.

They never replace them around here. As long as there’s still a step to get to the fuel cap, when they’re gone they’re gone.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 3:54:02 PM EDT
[#48]
I know very little about tpms
I can see the psi of the tires on FORScan lite

But when I go to relearn by pressing the hazards and letting air out it doesn’t work
Attachment Attached File

Do I need to reset the BCM on FORScan?
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 6:34:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Great deal on a Fluke DVOM, it's the little one, great for a backup or to throw in the truck.
MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

Link Posted: 12/15/2022 7:18:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Alright cat boys. It’s your time to shine again. I have a kalmar forklift with a c6 in it. Customer complaint of oil leaks. Verify the banjo fitting below the injection pump just underneath the fuel water seperator was bad. I fixed that with copper orings.

Operator said he has some leaking hoses so we addressed those. While piddle farting around I see an oil leaks coming from the side of the engine with the turbo on it. I couldn’t make out where it was coming from so I took the charge air tube off and oil poured out of the tube. Remove the snail portion of the turbo and it has clearly been ejecting oil. Impeller does a little up down wobble. Bad Nagasaki noisy boi.

Get to looking and the oil tube from the block is also leaking. It has a little retainer clip on it. Is there an oring in there?

Take pics of the data plate and give it to parts. Parts cannot find a turbo from the data plate itself.

Is there a tag on the turbo? Are all c6 turbos the same?
Page / 348
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top