Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2017 8:16:37 AM EDT
Not going to pack it on the bike just hobbyist type of use, so which would you buy (or did buy) and why?
The RK and D.I.D. seems to get the most love, what say the hive?
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 11:12:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I used a DID Chinese knock off for years with zero complaints. Still have it in the toolbox.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 3:33:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had the Motion Pro for years, and mine gets used frequently.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 8:43:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I have the RK and the DID.  old roomy and I each wound up buying one, and I wound up keeping both.  I like both, but I find myself using the RK more (mostly because it's usually the first one I can find)
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 9:11:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I recently got the PBR, works fine.  I chose it over the DID because the one of the wrenches it requires was one that I already had in my kit, so to bring it along means one less tool than the DID.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 9:30:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the RK tool. It has always worked well for me. Not that I change my chain too often.

Getting a riveted chain is a good idea. I had one of those clipped chains throw a clip, and the chain separated and slapped the transmission housing when it came around the front sprocket. That tore a quarter sized chuck out of the housing, and ruined the surfaces where the upper and lower housing came together. I had to take the case to a guy who could weld aluminum. He fixed the hole, and added some material. Then I had to spend a lot of time machining the case mating surfaces back to smooth and flat after that fiasco. It was a hard lesson that clipped chains are more expensive and labor intensive than riveted.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 9:50:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the RK and I like it.  I can't remember why I picked it over others, but I remember it being expensive, so I must have had a good reason to choose it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:34:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've had the Motion Pro for years, and mine gets used frequently.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 4:15:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the motion Pro PBR.
It's the only way to go.

Get a couple pairs of needle-nosed Vice Grips and a Dremel Tool.
They will make life easier.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 5:42:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top