Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2017 10:30:53 PM EDT
As the title says. I got real busy at the beginning of summer and put a hold on my fun for me threads. I am thinking of starting back up this fall.

Any suggestions or things you would like to see? They take about a week to research and write up. I use various outlets for information and try to make the articles as much mine as possible.

Here's a pic. Just because. It's the last one I've taken of any car related stuff. It's my Olds and my friends real deal 70 Challenger T/A 340 Six Pack 4 speed.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 11:29:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I checked em out when I noticed them.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 7:17:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Sure

If you will branch out into stuff we haven't read a dozen books about and the velocity channel hasn't aired 3 programs about this week

As in there are other hot American cars that weren't made between 1964 and 1971
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 8:16:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I really enjoyed all of your efforts.  Keep it up!
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 8:27:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:y
View Quote
Me too!
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 8:52:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Me too!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Me too!
Me three.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 10:37:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Wondered what happened to you. I enjoy the threads. More please. 
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 10:49:30 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm subscribed...live vicariously through these types of posts.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 11:01:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 11:08:45 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm a Ford Mustang GT guy but the 2018 Camaro!
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 11:40:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Me too!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Me too!
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 12:03:31 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm sure here are a lot of us who enjoy reading them but don't comment. Keep them coming!
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 12:59:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Love to see more of the Challenger! In other words, "yes please".
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

The blue one in the background is a T/A as well. Original paint and interior as well as the drivetrain.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 1:09:56 PM EDT
[#13]
I like what I'm seeing! The kids go back to school in a week. Things will maybe slow down and I can get some knocked out.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 1:20:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Keep'em coming!
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:04:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Yes!
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 8:05:38 PM EDT
[#16]
They were a great read.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 8:26:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Keep doin' it.  I've read every one of them.  (I hope)
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 9:15:55 PM EDT
[#18]
I enjoy reading them too!

Hope you know Christ and see the blessings in your life!

Thank you for you for your awesome postings!
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 11:03:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Only the ones that can beat a V6 camry in the 1/4.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 11:39:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Only the ones that can beat a V6 camry in the 1/4.
View Quote
Most of the cars I've posted will.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 11:34:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 12:46:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
my suggestion would be to keep all your posts in one thread. I will set it so it won't archive. 
keeps all the goodness in one thread which will be easier for us to follow. 
View Quote
A smashing idea old chap!!
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 2:09:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
my suggestion would be to keep all your posts in one thread. I will set it so it won't archive. 
View Quote
That works for me. I can link all of my archived threads in the first post and change the thread title when I add a new article.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 2:19:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 5:06:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 5:15:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
That works for me. I can link all of my archived threads in the first post and change the thread title when I add a new article.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That would be awesome!  I enjoy them when l find them.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 6:11:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
right you are. a spot of tea sir? 
Inspector2211...message me when you start your thread. 
View Quote
Is there a way to keep each new story at the first post so new story additions would not get lost in the noise of replies. ?
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 8:50:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 8:58:46 PM EDT
[#29]
I guess he could lay claim to the top 3 replies and make a post there. Then as he makes a new report cut n copy those to a new reply and start over with the top 3

That would keep the latest post up front and center in what has the potential to be a high double digit page count thread

Assuming the editing stays open
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 3:07:28 AM EDT
[#30]
I enjoy reading them but I wish there was some 80s representation.  The 87 GNX, 89 TTA, fox bodies, etc.  The Chrysler guys are on there own that decade though, no one wants to read about a k car, lol.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 8:42:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I enjoy reading them but I wish there was some 80s representation.  The 87 GNX, 89 TTA, fox bodies, etc.  The Chrysler guys are on there own that decade though, no one wants to read about a k car, lol.
View Quote
Speak for yourself

I certainly would read about the Shelby turbo K's
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 4:43:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Is that F8 green? Hard to tell on my phone.
View Quote
Yes.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 4:45:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I guess he could lay claim to the top 3 replies and make a post there. Then as he makes a new report cut n copy those to a new reply and start over with the top 3

That would keep the latest post up front and center in what has the potential to be a high double digit page count thread

Assuming the editing stays open
View Quote
I could try something like this. I'm not super tech-savvy so I'm not sure I'd do it correctly.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 4:46:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
right you are. a spot of tea sir? 
Inspector2211...message me when you start your thread. 
View Quote
Will do.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 4:47:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
I've thought about it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 7:11:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Speak for yourself

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Speak for yourself

Nobody but this guy wants to read about k cars, better?
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 8:21:01 PM EDT
[#37]
I read them when I noticed them. It would be cool if you consolidated them in one thread and the Mods tacked it!
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 8:50:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Sure

If you will branch out into stuff we haven't read a dozen books about and the velocity channel hasn't aired 3 programs about this week

As in there are other hot American cars that weren't made between 1964 and 1971
View Quote
There's a lot truth here.  

I enjoy your articles,  but the popular cars already have hundreds of articles written about them.  Maybe try to find some more obscure cars?

BTW,  love your Olds.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 9:21:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

There's a lot truth here.  

I enjoy your articles,  but the popular cars already have hundreds of articles written about them.  Maybe try to find some more obscure cars?

BTW,  love your Olds.
View Quote
Thanks. There are some obscure cars I'd like to do, the problem is in the research. The rarer they are the harder it is to source enough information. That's why I did the Studebaker Lark R2 and the T-37 Pontiac or the Baldwin Motion Vega. Some people have never heard of them.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 10:20:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Others may not be as rare so much as they just have not had much written about them.

Take the Dodge Lil Red express for example. Because it was a truck and not in the traditional years nobody writes about it. Yet it was the fastest thing you could buy for a time

The 57 Chevy is another. Tons of stories about tri 5's but nobody writes about how the fulie was a bit of a hot rod for its day or that Pontiac AND Imperial had fuel injection too!

Everyone loves El Camino's but GMC had them too and they had the big motors also.

The 2nd gen turbo trans am was slow yet it was also extremely interesting in terms of what Pontiac was trying to do and the tech they were using to do it. This goes for anything turbocharged and domestic in the 80's (super coupe anyone?)

Don't get too hung up on the 1320 ET there's lots of awesome interesting cars that were indeed muscle cars in their day
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 1:57:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Take the Dodge Lil Red express for example. Because it was a truck and not in the traditional years nobody writes about it. Yet it was the fastest thing you could buy for a time
View Quote
Those are cool trucks, I love different stuff!
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:17:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Speak for yourself

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Speak for yourself

Something on the D500 Dodge's would be cool
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 12:29:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Yeah
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:28:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 12:45:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I think they are a great addition to the forum and would like to see the series continue...thank you.
View Quote
Thanks! I'm not a professional writer by any means as I'm sure you guys could figure out from reading how I write. It's for fun and to learn and hone better skills.

I always thought it would be cool to write for a car magazine like Muscle Car Review or Hemming's Muscle Machines.

I may have to scale back from weekly to bi-weekly from time to time. The next article will probably come in September.

Thanks for all of the feedback so far.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:44:35 PM EDT
[#46]
I'd like to see you and maybe others send you info for you to post about people's ACTUAL muscle cars on here.  For example if you did specific write up's on your Cutlass or one or more of your buddy's MOPARs.  I appreciate your write ups but for me as someone with a theoretical PhD in 64-72 muscle it's a re-hash, but seeing info on actual real current day cars is to me MORE interesting sort of a virtual car show.  Make sense?
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:44:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I'd like to see you and maybe others send you info for you to post about people's ACTUAL muscle cars on here.  For example if you did specific write up's on your Cutlass or one or more of your buddy's MOPARs.  I appreciate your write ups but for me as someone with a theoretical PhD in 64-72 muscle it's a re-hash, but seeing info on actual real current day cars is to me MORE interesting sort of a virtual car show.  Make sense?
View Quote
I've done one "owners view" car article. I interviewed my great uncle about his 1931 chopped and channeled Chevy 5 window coupe. I took the pics and wrote the story based on his memory of how he obtained the car in the early 60s and built it. (He still owns it)

It was posted on the H.A.M.B. to mixed reviews.

I'm okay with what you want but I think I need to learn more before I get into it.

I once thought of doing little videos and posting them on YouTube of me interviewing car guys about their muscle cars at car shows. There are a thousand guys doing the same thing though. I didn't know what I could do to make it different so I never pursued it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top