Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/25/2017 10:04:19 PM EDT
First I've been a licensed MC rider for 39 years and on bike #7 which is a 2012 Triumph Bonneville SE.  I know Harleys are not perfect machines but I keep getting drawn too them but I just don't get into the Harley leather, tat and bar hopping lifestyle thing.  I guess the big draw is I'm short and they set low to the ground whereas a lot of machines I like I can't flat foot.  

Anybody else in this boat?

Old Marine
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:21:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I have been riding Harleys for 30 years, I don't wear a pirate suit, have zero tattoos and don't go to bars.
Love the big twins.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:28:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Go rent one for a week. Enjoy it and then you'll know if you want to buy one beyond the idea of them. Eagle Rider and many HD dealerships rent them.  

Like you, I've owned many bikes, including a Road Glide that I really liked. I am not a brand loyalist and there are a ton of great bikes out there. Fortunately, these days, Harley makes some. Not the fastest or the most nimble, but they have soul in a way that some other bikes don't.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:29:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have been riding Harleys for 30 years, I don't wear a pirate suit, have zero tattoos and don't go to bars.
Love the big twins.
View Quote
I haven't had mine but ten years love it nice thumptng  Vtwin motors,  raced motocross in my youth. wpuld be dead on a sport bike,
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:38:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I love all bikes including Harleys. Restoring one now as a matter of fact. Totaled a new one last year. I definitely don't fit into the Harley crowd.

It wouldn't take much other than money for me to add a Road King to my stable.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:55:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I also love anything on two wheels.

Riding an HD is a different experience than any other bike. The torque, the sound, and the ride all feel like primal animal power. When I had my '09 super glide I loved it and didn't fit the Harley part at all. I had a brown leather jacket and wore surfer shirts. You don't have to be a pirate to ride one.

I'll also say that bike was the biggest pos I've owned. Oil leaks, no starts, difficult axle adjustments!
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:04:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Go rent one for a week. Enjoy it and then you'll know if you want to buy one beyond the idea of them. Eagle Rider and many HD dealerships rent them.  

Like you, I've owned many bikes, including a Road Glide that I really liked. I am not a brand loyalist and there are a ton of great bikes out there. Fortunately, these days, Harley makes some. Not the fastest or the most nimble, but they have soul in a way that some other bikes don't.  
View Quote
I haven't rented one but I've worked on some and I've tortured myself by test riding a few at the HD dealer within the last year.  Thanks to the "War on Coal" I've had to change jobs so it'll be next near now before I can squeeze the trigger on one without my CFO (wife) having a coronary.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:15:43 AM EDT
[#7]
10 year old sportsters can be had in great shape with low miles for about $4k.

Evo sporty> big twin all day every day.

Follow the flying eyeball, get a sportster.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:47:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
There's a bunch of low mileage sportsters on CL that are tempting.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:00:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:26:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I had that fever really badly a while ago, but it did finally pass. 
View Quote
Mine has been coming and going for almost 40 years but life keeps getting in the way.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 1:53:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

There's a bunch of low mileage sportsters on CL that are tempting.
View Quote
Describe your riding style, your height/weight, and how far/often you ride. 

I like sportsters a lot....but they're not awesome for most people. The newer Dynas are better bikes for the money IMO. They ride nicer, turn/lean better, and hold their value more. They're also not that much bigger. 
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:20:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I love all things two wheeled, but I've never really desired a Harley.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 5:18:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
If your tiny and don't want to travel farther than 100 miles without filling up with gas, do this, lol.  Big twin dyna is better than any sportster, period.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 6:01:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Bought and owned an '08 sportster til the beginning of last year after putting 33k miles on it.  Have test ridden most their fleet at both Daytona bike weeks and Sturgis.

The good part is they are a blast to ride.  Dead stable on corners and when the road is less refined but not bad enough to need a dual sport/adv bike.  Some care is needed hit a corner to hot you rapidly grind hard parts.  Test ride to find your preference as the skinny front tires and the fat front tires feel different on cornering.

The bad.  If you do your own wrenching some things are dead simple others get a wtf moment.  Having to remove your exhaust to change out a back tire or removing a driver peg mounting bracket to change out primary fluid are good examples.  Learn to love the T27 torx head, things are everywhere on the bikes.

The other bad part is there are known issues that likely should have been recalled but weren't. '07-'09 sportsters had an ignition relay in a spot water got in and shorted them out.  I carried a spare as that $15 part left me stranded twice. The 88 motors need their cam chain adjusters checked regularly as life on them greatly varied based on riding and left ignored could grenade the motor in as little as 20k miles.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 6:06:53 PM EDT
[#15]
I would rather ride a Goldwing F6B.  If I am going to ride a couch, it might as well perform well as well.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 6:26:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Mine is a 91 softail....not much stock stuff left Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:06:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

If your tiny and don't want to travel farther than 100 miles without filling up with gas, do this, lol.  Big twin dyna is better than any sportster, period.
View Quote
'

I'm 5'7" muscular build at about 190ish, most of my riding is under 100miles but I'd like to ride a little farther so a detachable windscreen and bags are appealing.  (I've ridden a bicycle 65 miles and you're worried about my comfort .)  I really like the Road King and the Electraglide but they're a little big for flogging around but at 53 my knee dragging days are long over.  I really like the Switchback (3/4 Road King, Road Queen and other names I've heard) but I'll have to settle for used since it was discontinued for 2017.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:08:16 PM EDT
[#18]
I am 5'7" with a 30-31 inch inseam. I can flat-foot my 2017 Indian Roadmaster.

That being said, both Indian and H-D have reduced reach seats and bars that can bring you closer to the ground. There are also several aftermarket companies that offer lowered seats, can rework the stock seat to get you lower, or offer lowering kits for the bikes themselves (be careful with those, they can affect cornering clearance). Go test ride everything, see what you like. If your bike of choice sits a little too high, inquire if there are options to get you lower. Check some of the online forums (other than Arfcom) for that particular bike. Hell, I put Rox Speed risers that are meant for a BMW touring bike on my RM to bring the stock bars closer to me.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:13:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
'

I'm 5'7" muscular build at about 190ish, most of my riding is under 100miles but I'd like to ride a little farther so a detachable windscreen and bags are appealing.  (I've ridden a bicycle 65 miles and you're worried about my comfort .)  I really like the Road King and the Electraglide but they're a little big for flogging around but at 53 my knee dragging days are long over.  I really like the Switchback (3/4 Road King, Road Queen and other names I've heard) but I'll have to settle for used since it was discontinued for 2017.
View Quote
They are heavy bikes but they carry the weight very well despite what the anti Harley crowd will say. Go sit on a Road King and you might be surprised how easy it is to ride. And at a stand still you are flat footing.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:14:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Get a Sportster. It's what all the girls are riding.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:40:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
They are heavy bikes but they carry the weight very well despite what the anti Harley crowd will say. Go sit on a Road King and you might be surprised how easy it is to ride. And at a stand still you are flat footing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
'

I've had a chance to ride a few Road Kings unsupervised, police and civilian trim, they do handle nice although I didn't care for the police solo seat.  If the wife wouldn't complain I'd have a half a dozen different bikes, kinda like I have different firearms for different uses.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:17:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
You can rent Harleys for a week??? From the dealership?
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 2:38:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
You are right, if op is a huge fat-ass then he prob shouldn't get a sportster.
Big twins are designed around YUGE asses

sportsters rule. Period. But I'm sure you enjoy your old man bike, hey at least you're riding
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 4:29:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
'

View Quote
Go with they Dyna for what you're looking for.  The sportster really is a sub 100mi commuter type bike.  A Sportster can be made into touring bikes but the dyna really does do it better. Think of a Sportster as a good commuter bike and one that takes being hot rodded very well.  

Also, If you do for whatever reason decide to go with a sportster I HIGHLY encourage you to seek out a 2000-2003 model.  Those are the best years of the Sportster before they turned it into a "porkster".  They have better brakes, better lean angles, better power to weight ratio, however they're the rigid mount bikes and have carb's.  Frankly the rubber mounted version vibrate just as much as the rigid mounted version, I've had both and ridden both.  883's vibrate slightly less than 1200's, and frankly unless you find a screaming deal on a 1200 just buy the 883.  You can put an engine kit into it for relatively cheap (under $2K) and have close to or over 100HP/90ft lbs at the wheel.  that really makes the bike stupid fun at twice the HP/TQ of a stock 1200.  If EFI is high on your priority list just skip the sportster all together and go with the Dyna.  

ETA:  Also I should mention that the Dyna's, while heavier, carry their weight a little better.  Sportsters will feel more "top heavy" at slow speeds.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 6:53:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Cause Merica . Pure skined but do enjoy my tatted up bar hopping brothers of the street
The looks  sound and companionship are reasons enough
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 6:56:41 AM EDT
[#26]
I like how everyone thinks they need to preface these things with " I know Harleys aren't... "

News flash, Harleys are pretty fucking nice.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:17:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

sportsters rule. Period. But I'm sure you enjoy your old man bike, hey at least you're riding
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope not a fat-ass, I still run (slower these days) and still bike (one of those road bicycles everybody in GD hates) I'll admit  i'm not the young fit Marine I used to be but I try.

My Bonneville may be an old man bike but I still explore the outer edges of the tread.  It is not as nimble as the CBR250R I rode in Japan and doesn't sound as nice as my old CB400F with its Kerker 4-1 exhaust.  I'm keeping the Triumph, just going to add a Harley to the stable so most likely it'll be something with bags,  I'm wanting to take a Hwy 70 trip across TN one day with no set schedule.

I'm off now to the bicycle shop for a new helmet.  Later
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 3:01:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I grew up in a motorcycle family and only once, in my 43 years on this earth, have I ever heard of anyone who could actually afford a Big Twin buying a Sportster...and she was a 50+ year old woman who bought an 883, rode it a handful of times, crashed it, and never rode again.

They're okay little bikes, but not in the same class.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 3:33:03 PM EDT
[#29]
The whole sportster big twin thing is hilarious to me and only applies to the Harley crowd. Any other group of serious motorcycle enthusiast don't restrict interest to size. A Bonneville like the OPs is 900cc and no one cares. The new Honda standard is a 1000. Again no one cares. He'll, ADV have a special place in their hearts for 250cc bikes.

Anytime I hear someone talk about sportsters being too small or a girls bike I pretty much know that they are not a motorcycle enthusiast. They may tell people they love their Harley but they aren't motor heads like the rest of us.

It's only been recently that big twins could even hope to out perform a sportster without serious mods.

Big twins are big twins and Sportsters are Sportsters. They are bother awesome in their perspective categories.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 3:53:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Harleys are a fashion accessory.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 4:15:25 PM EDT
[#31]
I have two Harley's.

The only leather I own are my gloves.  I don't pretend to be a 1%, I don't try to be a hardass, I do judge fucksticks on crotchrockets.

Get a Harley, don't jump into the fake lifestyle.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 4:16:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The whole sportster big twin thing is hilarious to me and only applies to the Harley crowd. Any other group of serious motorcycle enthusiast don't restrict interest to size. A Bonneville like the OPs is 900cc and no one cares. The new Honda standard is a 1000. Again no one cares. He'll, ADV have a special place in their hearts for 250cc bikes.

Anytime I hear someone talk about sportsters being too small or a girls bike I pretty much know that they are not a motorcycle enthusiast. They may tell people they love their Harley but they aren't motor heads like the rest of us.

It's only been recently that big twins could even hope to out perform a sportster without serious mods.

Big twins are big twins and Sportsters are Sportsters. They are bother awesome in their perspective categories.
View Quote
In my experience, we're seeing a resurgence of Sporties.  A lot of guys that have baggers are now going back and grabbing Sporties and customizing the shit out of them.

I'm ecstatic I kept my Sporty when I bought my second bike.  I love taking it out.

ETA: Just for reference, I bought my Iron 883 as my first bike.  Did the cleaner, pipes, tune etc.  I wanted more, so I had a 1250 kit sent to my indie shop guy and that was a winter project a couple years ago.  That thing flies from a stop now, I love it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 4:23:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

In my experience, we're seeing a resurgence of Sporties.  A lot of guys that have baggers are now going back and grabbing Sporties and customizing the shit out of them.

I'm ecstatic I kept my Sporty when I bought my second bike.  I love taking it out.

ETA: Just for reference, I bought my Iron 883 as my first bike.  Did the cleaner, pipes, tune etc.  I wanted more, so I had a 1250 kit sent to my indie shop guy and that was a winter project a couple years ago.  That thing flies from a stop now, I love it.
View Quote
Coincidentally my wife and I were just talking about this today. Most of the chopper mags are filled with Sportsters. Narrow is back in style and old sportsters can be had for a song.

Mine is a '74 XLCH that I have completely stripped. Getting ready to have the cases cleaned and start back the other way. I am just struggling if I want to go hard tail, scrambler, or something closer to stock(unlikely).
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 4:23:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I love all things two wheeled, but I've never really desired a Harley.
View Quote
This.

They don't go, they dont stop, and they don't go round corners.
Best invention ever for turning gasoline into noise, however.

And I don't have a pick-up truck to put it in.

Link Posted: 5/27/2017 4:48:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Gas into noise, herp derp.

It's a big bike that gets ~40mpg or at least equivalent to any other bike and makes more torque across a much larger rpm range than other bikes.

It's the right engine for that type of bike.

But I guess it's cooler to just talk trash.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 6:32:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Sportster vs Big Hog back and forth, didn't think I'd stir that pot.  My brother has a 2007 Sportster 1200R and a Street Glide, it depends on what kind of mood he's in which one he rides.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 7:05:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Go with they Dyna for what you're looking for.  The sportster really is a sub 100mi commuter type bike.  A Sportster can be made into touring bikes but the dyna really does do it better. Think of a Sportster as a good commuter bike and one that takes being hot rodded very well.  

Also, If you do for whatever reason decide to go with a sportster I HIGHLY encourage you to seek out a 2000-2003 model.  Those are the best years of the Sportster before they turned it into a "porkster".  They have better brakes, better lean angles, better power to weight ratio, however they're the rigid mount bikes and have carb's.  Frankly the rubber mounted version vibrate just as much as the rigid mounted version, I've had both and ridden both.  883's vibrate slightly less than 1200's, and frankly unless you find a screaming deal on a 1200 just buy the 883.  You can put an engine kit into it for relatively cheap (under $2K) and have close to or over 100HP/90ft lbs at the wheel.  that really makes the bike stupid fun at twice the HP/TQ of a stock 1200.  If EFI is high on your priority list just skip the sportster all together and go with the Dyna.  

ETA:  Also I should mention that the Dyna's, while heavier, carry their weight a little better.  Sportsters will feel more "top heavy" at slow speeds.  
View Quote
Yeah, not so sure about the whole 100 hp at the rear wheel on an 883 for $2k or so

I doubt you can get 100 hp at the crank for under $2k.

Yes they are still fun bikes, but even high hp Harley's aren't really high hp comparatively.

If op wants a hd, sure get one, I still prefer almost any sportster I've ever owned/ridden over any big twin I've ever ridden, but if you are chasing power hd  is the wrong platform to start with.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 7:10:21 PM EDT
[#38]
And to clarify, I would never suggest a sportster as a touring bike.
Bags and windscreens on a sportster make my skin crawl. It was never intended to be a tourer.

By the same token, if you are looking for a tourer, I wouldn't suggest a big twin either.
There are sooooooo many bikes that fill that role sooooooo much better. Unless it is important to look like a touring pirate, then you really only have one option
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 7:15:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Another point, when touring, running much past 100 miles without a stopping is not a great plan, starts to wear on you and not be fun anymore. Can be dangerous as well.

I am a member of the iron butt club, and forget that stuff, do 1000 miles in 24hrs or less once in your life just to say you did, but forget about that kind of pace if you want to enjoy your trip.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 6:04:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

This.

View Quote
About that...

Police Motorcycle Challenge
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 9:38:34 PM EDT
[#41]
I test drove some glides once. EG, RG and Street glide. Liked them and wouldn't mind adding one to the stable. Would love to have a street glide but an EG might be more comfy.

They do ride like big sofas and are pretty quick, at  least the 103" that I rode.

I really need to get into the garage and get my multistrada back together.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 2:30:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Yeah, not so sure about the whole 100 hp at the rear wheel on an 883 for $2k or so

I doubt you can get 100 hp at the crank for under $2k.

Yes they are still fun bikes, but even high hp Harley's aren't really high hp comparatively.

If op wants a hd, sure get one, I still prefer almost any sportster I've ever owned/ridden over any big twin I've ever ridden, but if you are chasing power hd  is the wrong platform to start with.
View Quote
Dug up my records. Spec'd out 100hp build cost me $2150 with new cylinders, gaskets, headwork, billet manifold, cams, HSR carb, 3" air cleaner, exhaust system and pushrods. 

Not having EFI really helps keep costs low. Could have cut some corners and come in around 90hp and 80ft/lbs
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 5:41:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Dug up my records. Spec'd out 100hp build cost me $2150 with new cylinders, gaskets, headwork, billet manifold, cams, HSR carb, 3" air cleaner, exhaust system and pushrods. 

Not having EFI really helps keep costs low. Could have cut some corners and come in around 90hp and 80ft/lbs
View Quote
Spec'd 100 hp, or dyno'd 100 hp?

Because those are usually different.

Car, bike, boat whatever mfg's stated hp gains are usually a sales technique and generally not that accurate.
Heads that boast a 10 hp gain doesn't mean you bolt them on and get 10 extra hp at the rear wheel.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 5:54:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Car, bike, boat whatever mfg's stated hp gains are usually a sales technique and generally not that accurate.
Heads that boast a 10 hp gain doesn't mean you bolt them on and get 10 extra hp at the rear wheel.
View Quote
The builder has tiered packages and has done a metric shit ton of these conversions (hammer performance). I was gaurenteed at least 100hp/90tq at the wheel. 

It actually did dyno at 102hp and 93 ft lbs
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 6:07:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The builder has tiered packages and has done a metric shit ton of these conversions (hammer performance). I was gaurenteed at least 100hp/90tq at the wheel. 

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's who I used too, my numbers are about the same on the dyno.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 9:00:46 PM EDT
[#46]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

About that...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQkGb2lrs_A
So under 20mph? Damn right they can do that. The motor cops are impressive as all hell. I have a friend that is one and he loves the harleys and has chased down many a inexperienced sportbike guy in the twisties but even he would admit the limitations of the harley platform.

I enjoy cruisers more than just about any other type of bike but how low sit and their inability to really turn gets really damn frustrating. Stuff like the power, suspension, and brakes can all be fairly easily addressed but how low they sit is not.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 9:20:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Get a Sportster. It's what all the girls are riding.
View Quote
I ride an '02 Hugger. The horrible Hugger suspension has been swapped out for standard forks and shocks.
I bought a Sportster because I wanted a motorcycle, not a two wheeled car. It's light (relatively speaking ) and nimble enough to throw around in curves.
I used to have an '80 Superglide but I kept scraping the primary and pipes. The Sportster corners better than I can.
That being said, I don't like taking it on the highway. Power is OK (stock 883) but it's a bit light and really belongs on the back roads.
I would rather ride than cruise. I don't need anything more than a set of throw-over bags and hi-way pegs. I even pulled the windshield and crash bar off when I got it.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 11:09:33 PM EDT
[#48]
because once you get past the leather, bandana retard costumes and the whole bullshit wannabe outlaw crap HD's are cool bikes, they're simple, they do have a lot of character, the fit and finish on modern harleys is excellent and they are very reliable, the AMF dark ages are long over. are they modern machines like the company tries to claim? no, not by a fucking long shot. are they expensive? yes. up to you if they're worth the money. I own both a modern sport tourer and a vintage harley as well as some vintage japanese bikes. love each one for different reasons. personally I just can't bring myself to pay what harley wants for their bikes.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 7:49:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
because once you get past the leather, bandana retard costumes and the whole bullshit wannabe outlaw crap HD's are cool bikes, they're simple, they do have a lot of character, the fit and finish on modern harleys is excellent and they are very reliable, the AMF dark ages are long over. are they modern machines like the company tries to claim? no, not by a fucking long shot. are they expensive? yes. up to you if they're worth the money. I own both a modern sport tourer and a vintage harley as well as some vintage japanese bikes. love each one for different reasons. personally I just can't bring myself to pay what harley wants for their bikes.
View Quote
I don't have anything Harley branded (except the bike). I ride the bike, not the lifestyle. I hate loud pipes and radios (why do you need a radio on a bike anyway?). 
The Gray-Man concept lets you get away with more.
If you want a Harley don't buy new, check CL. I got a 13 year old Sportster with 7k miles for $3300. A few things needed removed/replaced and I don't think I have $5k in it yet.
I may put a Hammer 1250 kit in it for about $700. Will it compete with a rice rocket? No, but then I don't compete either. I'm in it for the fun.

Determine the type of riding you want to do and purchase accordingly.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 1:51:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I don't have anything Harley branded (except the bike). I ride the bike, not the lifestyle. I hate loud pipes and radios (why do you need a radio on a bike anyway?). 
The Gray-Man concept lets you get away with more.
If you want a Harley don't buy new, check CL. I got a 13 year old Sportster with 7k miles for $3300. A few things needed removed/replaced and I don't think I have $5k in it yet.
I may put a Hammer 1250 kit in it for about $700. Will it compete with a rice rocket? No, but then I don't compete either. I'm in it for the fun.

Determine the type of riding you want to do and purchase accordingly.
View Quote
A properly tuned and setup 1250 can and will beat a stock 600 in a drag race ....twisties and from a roll not so much 
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top