Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 5:14:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Retiring at 27 with a pretty wife, money in the bank, and his health sounds like a pretty awesome place to be. Good for Ryan. 
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 8:28:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I heard this the day after he announced it.  I'm still shocked.

I'm ready to see Tomac, Roczen, and Musquin go after it next year.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 10:26:22 PM EDT
[#3]
He's lucky to have won this championship. My guess is he wants to go out on top and not be a Chad Reed 3-4 yrs from now trying to capture something that's out of grasp.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 1:22:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He's lucky to have won this championship. My guess is he wants to go out on top and not be a Chad Reed 3-4 yrs from now trying to capture something that's out of grasp.
View Quote
+87
Roczen took himself out, Musquin was riding team orders and Tomac, I don't know what the fuck he was thinking.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:44:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Sadly I doubt Roczen ever returns to the track with the speed he showed early this season and in the outdoor series last year. While I was never Dungey fan I do recognize his skill and can't fault his decision.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 9:29:37 PM EDT
[#6]
He is making a smart move. I am noticing this in all of the top sports , Guys leave before a career ending injury forces them out or they are too beaten to enjoy the rewards of winning .
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 2:14:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
+87
Roczen took himself out, Musquin was riding team orders and Tomac, I don't know what the fuck he was thinking.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
+87
What do you mean? If Tomac didn't have that mechanical in Texas, he would have won the championship. That race seriously put a damper on his season. Yeah he shit the bed in New Jersey, but still. Arlington killed him with that front brake failure. 
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:50:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What do you mean? If Tomac didn't have that mechanical in Texas, he would have won the championship. That race seriously put a damper on his season. Yeah he shit the bed in New Jersey, but still. Arlington killed him with that front brake failure. 
View Quote
Tomac squirreled out a couple of times during the season, like you said, the biggest being in New Jersey.
San Diego
Anaheim 2
New Jersey

Tomac didn't get hot until AFTER Roczen took himself out.
Had Tomac scored in the top three in the first three races (everything else being equal) he would have been the SX champ.

Tomac is tearing it up in the MX Championship.
After one race.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 5:36:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Tomac squirreled out a couple of times during the season, like you said, the biggest being in New Jersey.
San Diego
Anaheim 2
New Jersey

Had Tomac scored in the top three in the first three races (everything else being equal) he would have been the SX champ.

After one race.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
San Diego
Anaheim 2
New Jersey

After one race.
I think he will be tough to beat outdoors if he can stay off the ground. He seems to have something to prove after winning 9 SX races and missing out on the championship. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top