Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2017 5:48:36 PM EDT
Is the Costo purchase of a new vehicle  a good deal.... for the buyer??  

Anyone do it this way??  Thanks
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:58:21 PM EDT
[#1]
The best deal you will make is buying previous year inventory from a volume seller that has already received the new years inventory.  You have to be a bit flexible, but I bought my last three trucks this way, one of which is now worth more than the purchase price due to how fucked up the market is.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:45:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Is the Costo purchase of a new vehicle  a good deal.... for the buyer??  

Anyone do it this way??  Thanks
View Quote

Convenient?  Yes.  Best deal? No.  

Do your own research/homework for the best deal.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 3:28:57 PM EDT
[#3]
MIL used them in 2015 to purchase a new Forester. She was sent to "Costco Participating" dealer and the price was set. But, dealer being a dealer, did the dealer upsell crap for a while (over a day).

In the end she was not happy with the purchase because of the dealer experience. Now if it were me, I'd a walked in with my check and said give me my car.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 4:29:56 PM EDT
[#4]
ALl of these "car buying services" are a joke for people who some how some way in this day and age STILL do not know how to buy a car.

ALl you have to do to get the best deal is walk into the dealership pick out the car you want then say I'll pay dealer invoice and not $1 more.  if they say no you walk, then go to one of the 10 other same car make dealers in town and I gaurantee you at least one of them will sell you the car at invoice price.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 6:57:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I did it through sam's club. Same company doing it.

I used them as a starting point.
it gave me 3 or 4 dealers near by with the car I wanted.
Each of them contacted me.
I checked all the discounts from the manufacture I was able to qualify for and then asked them for an out the door price.

Each time I got one, I checked with the others to say, dealer x said they can do it for xxx.xx what about you?

Got my final price. Had one 30 miles closer ask me if I would do it for a couple hundred more and I decided it was easier than dealing with a dealer I had to drive an hour to get to.

The final price I got was about 2k less than the deal listed at the website for the purchase program.
But to be fair, about 1500 of that was me lining up discounts that it would not have known about.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 9:27:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Is there a trade in option that goes with the purchase??

I have a 2011 Suburban with 98K

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:23:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks
View Quote
When my MIL bought her Forester from Costco she traded a 2004 Camry as part of the deal. Of course they were falling all over her to get this car. So yes, you're working with a dealer, not Costco.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:56:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thanks
View Quote
If saving money is your game sell your truck yourself
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:31:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If saving money is your game sell your truck yourself
View Quote
This.  

I looked at the Costco deal on an Accord Touring V6. Best Costco pricing was $33,500 at a dealer I didn't even like.  I got the car for $30,500 at a dealer I've done business with before.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top