Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2017 9:20:27 PM EDT
These are some old family pictures. Any one have any ideas on these?

This first one is my grandpa. My guess is in the early-mid 1920's

Attachment Attached File

Here is my dad. This would be late 40's to early 50's. Car may be an English Ford or Peugeot.

Attachment Attached File

Next is my dad in front of his dad's tire shop.

Attachment Attached File

Last one - my dad being James Dean-esque.

This is probably 1946 or 1947.

Attachment Attached File

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 10:09:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Photo of your dad in front of the tire shop is a Studebaker Champion 4dr sedan. I think it is a 48 but it could 49.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 10:10:02 PM EDT
[#2]
First photo might be a Hudson or Essex, the red triangle in the wheel hub has me leaning that way.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 10:39:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
First photo might be a Hudson or Essex, the red triangle in the wheel hub has me leaning that way.
View Quote

Looks like a Hudson Phantom!

Thanks!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 10:44:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Photo of your dad in front of the tire shop is a Studebaker Champion 4dr sedan. I think it is a 48 but it could 49.
View Quote

Looks like a winner!

Link Posted: 2/26/2017 11:11:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like a winner!

http://imganuncios.mitula.net/1948_studebaker_champion_4_door_suicide_doors_flat_6_cylinder_1370122421981306738.jpg

Because of the rear window quarter glass think it's a 50 Commander  not a 48 Champion.

50 Commander
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 11:12:51 PM EDT
[#6]
The Hudson and Studebaker were easy, but that little foreign car is gonna be tougher.  That license plate is a 1955 Alabama tag.  The number inside the heart denotes the county of issuance.  I can't make out the number or I could look up the county.

ETA: Looks like a Ford Consul to me.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 11:39:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The Hudson and Studebaker were easy, but that little foreign car is gonna be tougher.  That license plate is a 1955 Alabama tag.  The number inside the heart denotes the county of issuance.  I can't make out the number or I could look up the county.

View Quote

It would be Jefferson county. My dad lived in Mountain brook off Aberdeen Rd.

The Consul is probably correct. I remember him mentioning that name. Most of the time he would call it his English Ford.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 11:40:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Because of the rear window quarter glass think it's a 50 Commander  not a 48 Champion.

50 Commander
View Quote

Good catch!
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 11:43:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The Consul is probably correct. I remember mentioning that name. Most of the time he would call it his English Ford.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Consul is probably correct. I remember mentioning that name. Most of the time he would call it his English Ford.

Consul MkI

Link Posted: 2/26/2017 11:45:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Second one appears to possibly be a 1951 Consul
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:24:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks everyone!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top