Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2017 8:56:13 PM EDT
Yall with the Raptors, throw your input in. 2014 Raptors with 40kmiles are still almost $50k. I can buy a brand new High Country from GM for $47k. Of course I like the Raptor better. Looks better, sounds better, off roads better, and of course its just pure sexy.

Apparently the resale of the Raptors are something stupid which is a plus.

Plus I can add a Hellion twin kit for $9k and it will push over 600hp and 600ft/lbs.

Yes, this truck will see mud, yes this truck will get used to haul trailers, yes this truck is going to be my church truck.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:08:10 PM EDT
[#1]
WTF

Don't come up in here with the attitude that it's our job to talk you out of financially irresponsible decisions that happen to also be automotively awesome.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:22:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
WTF

Don't come up in here with the attitude that it's our job to talk you out of financially irresponsible decisions that happen to also be automotively awesome.
View Quote

So....
insert "do it.jpg" here???
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:25:50 PM EDT
[#3]
You can buy a new Raptor for under $50K.

So why would you buy the GM when you like the Raptor better?
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:33:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You can buy a new Raptor for under $50K.

So why would you buy the GM when you like the Raptor better?
View Quote

Am I missing something? Where? Everything ive seen puts them at 70k!!!
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:40:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I think the Raptors are "neat" but the hell if I'm going to spend over $50 grand on ANY truck.  I can't wait for the Cowboy Cadillac trend to be over and trucks are cheap again like they should be.  

Honestly Op, I had no idea those things were that stupidly expensive.  If you're going to spend that the fucker should ALREADY have 600hp otherwise it's a waste of money.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:43:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I think the Raptors are "neat" but the hell if I'm going to spend over $50 grand on ANY truck.  I can't wait for the Cowboy Cadillac trend to be over and trucks are cheap again like they should be.  

Honestly Op, I had no idea those things were that stupidly expensive.  If you're going to spend that the fucker should ALREADY have 600hp otherwise it's a waste of money.
View Quote

I honestly was looking at trying to get the most horsepower for pulling but still looking good.

I'm spoiled. My current work truck is a 3500hd with a Duramax. I know apples to oranges but i really like not having to work when i drive pulling trailers which i regularly gross out over 30k.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:48:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't care for trucks. At all. I'm a fast car kind of guy.

I would own and drive a Raptor with no fucks given. First truck I've ever driven that was actually a super fun driving experience and left me wanting more time.

That should say everything.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:49:24 PM EDT
[#8]
We've had a couple of 17 Raptors go out at 15K over sticker.

One was headed to Jordan.

I'd look at a new Power Wagon if I was going to spend $50k and I could afford to fuel it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:53:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I honestly was looking at trying to get the most horsepower for pulling but still looking good.

I'm spoiled. My current work truck is a 3500hd with a Duramax. I know apples to oranges but i really like not having to work when i drive pulling trailers which i regularly gross out over 30k.
View Quote

Raptors aren't made for pulling. At all. It'll handle light stuff, but nothing like a 3500.It's not the engine, it's the suspension.

If you still want one, wait a bit if you want a new one. Plenty of people got the first gen ones at invoice, not MSRP, and especially not with the stupid 10-30k market adjustments you see today. The invoice deals are starting to come around again, but you may need to wait until 2018 or so. Don't be afraid to shop around and travel to pick up the truck. I live in Virginia but flew to New York to buy it for thousands of $s cheaper.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 10:28:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
We've had a couple of 17 Raptors go out at 15K over sticker.

One was headed to Jordan.

I'd look at a new Power Wagon if I was going to spend $50k and I could afford to fuel it.
View Quote

I'm assuming you're a dealer?

I'm not a dodge man. Every dodge I've ever rode/driven the dashes are cracked, the transmission is shit, and the front end squeaks like a rocking chair.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 10:30:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Raptors aren't made for pulling. At all. It'll handle light stuff, but nothing like a 3500.It's not the engine, it's the suspension.

If you still want one, wait a bit if you want a new one. Plenty of people got the first gen ones at invoice, not MSRP, and especially not with the stupid 10-30k market adjustments you see today. The invoice deals are starting to come around again, but you may need to wait until 2018 or so. Don't be afraid to shop around and travel to pick up the truck. I live in Virginia but flew to New York to buy it for thousands of $s cheaper.
View Quote

Oh I know that it's not going to pull like a 3500.we are talking about 750ft lbs of torque, 2 more tires, and overload springs vs a rally off road truck.

I was planning in installing some Firestone air bags to help with that aspect.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 10:41:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Or, or, you could get an M16 and 15K rounds of ammo instead. Just a thought.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 10:48:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Or, or, you could get an M16 and 15K rounds of ammo instead. Just a thought.
View Quote

Can that m16 haul me and my family camping?
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:21:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Fuck I'm sick of being poor.  $70 fucking k for a truck??  Most I ever spent was 26 for a used Armada.  Should have gone to college longer or been born with a higher IQ.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:38:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Do it
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:48:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Am I missing something? Where? Everything ive seen puts them at 70k!!!
View Quote

Have you actually talked to a dealer?  The MSRP for a new bare bones is $48K.

They can be had for MSRP or less.  You just gotta be patient.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:18:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Have you actually talked to a dealer?  The MSRP for a new bare bones is $48K.

They can be had for MSRP or less.  You just gotta be patient.
View Quote

No sir I guess I haven't. Going off used market value I see that 14s with 40k miles are still over 40k.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:45:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Everything that I've seen so far indicates the new truck is superior to the older models.  MSRP starts about 50k, but til it's optioned at the level I'd like, it's at 65k.  I can't justify a car payment that's larger than my mortgage payment at this point.

Out of curiosity, I spoke to my salesman about the Raptors when I was purchasing my Fusion Sport and they have a waiting list at $3500 over MSRP.  I'm going to be watching and waiting for the time that supply catches up with demand or used trucks show up on the market.  It might take a while, though, so in the mean time, I'm going to be putting money aside and paying down my mortgage faster.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:16:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Everything that I've seen so far indicates the new truck is superior to the older models.  MSRP starts about 50k, but til it's optioned at the level I'd like, it's at 65k.  I can't justify a car payment that's larger than my mortgage payment at this point.

Out of curiosity, I spoke to my salesman about the Raptors when I was purchasing my Fusion Sport and they have a waiting list at $3500 over MSRP.  I'm going to be watching and waiting for the time that supply catches up with demand or used trucks show up on the market.  It might take a while, though, so in the mean time, I'm going to be putting money aside and paying down my mortgage faster.
View Quote

On the limited research I've done, only advantage the new ones have is the ecoboost. But like you said, when you load it out it's a 70k investment.
I'm probably going to buy used with less than 50k miles and then later add the Hellion turbo kit later. That will put out more hp/ftlb than the new ones and still sound good instead of sounding like a weedeater with enhanced "cab sounds."
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:45:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Fuck I'm sick of being poor.  $70 fucking k for a truck??  Most I ever spent was 26 for a used Armada.  Should have gone to college longer or been born with a higher IQ.
View Quote

Powerball here I come! I will by a raptor for every day of the week!
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:32:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:10:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You're gonna be waiting a long fucking time. Outside of fleets, people like features.
View Quote

He's kind of right. My 06 Chevy lt was loaded out with everything including rear air. Now in the gm models you have to buy the loaded out ltz/slt or Denali. Truck manufacturers have intentionally made it where you get either base models(not fleet) or you get the super luxurious. There is no middle ground.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 10:27:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Oh I know that it's not going to pull like a 3500.we are talking about 750ft lbs of torque, 2 more tires, and overload springs vs a rally off road truck.

I was planning in installing some Firestone air bags to help with that aspect.
View Quote

How much are you planning to tow with a Raptor?

Other than looks it sounds like a Raptor is the wrong platform for your intended use.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 10:45:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

How much are you planning to tow with a Raptor?

Other than looks it sounds like a Raptor is the wrong platform for your intended use.
View Quote

No more than 9k including trailer weight. Lightweight bumper pull travel trailer for when the boys are playing baseball year around and I don't feel like paying for hotels and when we go camping. A tc30 new Holland tractor with an implement on the back. Nothing to heavy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top