User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2017 1:06:12 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 4:41:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

ETA: I would flush the brakes every 100k too.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 4:45:38 PM EDT
[#2]
You must like oil changes.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 6:21:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 10:44:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 10:57:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Don't do IT!! Leave the tranny alone. I've read too many stories of issues after messing with it on an older vehicle.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 8:02:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Being an Equinox with 70,000 miles on it, it's a wonder you haven't needed pistons and timing chains if it is the 2.4 engine.

At 70,000 mile I would drain the transmission fluid and refill the 6T transmission don't have pans.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 9:24:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 8:14:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a 2011 and it has 120K on it.  At 100K, I changed the spark plugs, interior air filter, oil, and transmission fluid.  I believe you only have to change the transfer case fluid if you have an AWD version.  Of course, this was after Chevy rebuilt the top half of the engine (2.4L) after the recall on them. :)  Still waiting on getting the recalled high pressure fuel pump replaced, but been waiting since October for Chevy to get the parts to the dealers.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 8:55:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Being an Equinox with 70,000 miles on it, it's a wonder you haven't needed pistons and timing chains if it is the 2.4 engine.

At 70,000 mile I would drain the transmission fluid and refill the 6T transmission don't have pans.
View Quote

Have a 2015 with 60k. So far so good, not burning oil.

Are you saying with the transmission there is no pan, no drain bolt?  Meaning suck it out of the dip tube?
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 9:26:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Have a 2015 with 60k. So far so good, not burning oil.

Are you saying with the transmission there is no pan, no drain bolt?  Meaning suck it out of the dip tube?
View Quote

There isn't a dipstick tube.  There are two bolts, drain and fill.

2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 chevrolet chevy Equinox 2 4 liter ecotec 6 speed automatic transmissi
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 9:30:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Wife had one, biggest pile of junk we ever bought.

Constant mechanical problems. Trans cooler lines leaking by radiator connection, pistons, timing belt, cracked manifolds, cat converters, fuel pump.

Last thing was the cat converter, it was clogged and needed to be replaced. At the time it was there they said it needed new pistons and rings due to oil blow by. Was using a quart in about 1500 miles at the time.
They would not cover the cat under the emissions warentee. I guess that oil going into piston and down exhaust is ok for the cat. Conv. according to GM engineering dept. That's what GM customer service quoted me on the phone.

One thing was fixed and something else would need to be fixed 2 weeks later.

It was maintained by a large well rated Chevy dealerships every time. Granted it was warentee work, but big issue was too much time in the shop.

When driving down the road there was a lot of road noise. BUT I will admit, a lot of room for adults to sit comfortably.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 3:17:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Op, honestly I wouldn't spend a dime on it.  AN Equinox is in the car class known as "expendable vehicles" meaning these are the cars that are designed to not hold up nor be a long term vehicle.  You've done great having no major repairs until 75k it might be time to think about cutting your bait now before you have transaxle, transmission or headgasket issues will cost you 1/2 of the car's current value to repair.    Note I'm a huge GM fan but the FWD/AWD car "SUVs' are all short term ownership vehicles that you get our of before they grenade.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 6:19:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Op, honestly I wouldn't spend a dime on it.  AN Equinox is in the car class known as "expendable vehicles" meaning these are the cars that are designed to not hold up nor be a long term vehicle.  You've done great having no major repairs until 75k it might be time to think about cutting your bait now before you have transaxle, transmission or headgasket issues will cost you 1/2 of the car's current value to repair.    Note I'm a huge GM fan but the FWD/AWD car "SUVs' are all short term ownership vehicles that you get our of before they grenade.
View Quote

In your opinion are the Chevy/GM cars more long term vehicles, or would you class them as "expendable" as well?
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 7:37:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

? guess I am unaware of any issues.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

? guess I am unaware of any issues.

There are special policies on both. I've seen GM replacing 2.4 engines for poorly designed chains and sludged up at over 120,000 miles.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 9:34:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 6:20:01 PM EDT
[#17]
I thought they only came with the chineese built v-6........didn't know they put 4 bangers in them.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 11:46:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

In your opinion are the Chevy/GM cars more long term vehicles, or would you class them as "expendable" as well?
View Quote

the long term vehicles from GM are the full size trucks and SUVs.  All of their front wheel drive stuff is something you keep 5 years then ditch.  No different for ford or dodge.  Japanese toyota/honda used to be the cars to keep long term but even they are slipping as the understand that you make more money when people buy a car every 5 years vs 10.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top