Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 11:17:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

1. Having IRS is not staying true to the original formula
2. Weight being the same as a Torino is rediculous
3. Costing WELL north of $35,000 for a base GT is also not staying true to the pony car formula of "cheap V8 performance"  This right here is why the Mustang ALWAYS outsold the camaro until now.

If young guys in their 20's can't afford the base V8, there's a problem.  If the car weighs as much as a full size muscle car, there's a problem.  IRS I'll consider personal preference.
View Quote
They aren't light, but they didn't gain that much weight.  I paid just over $34k for my GT with PP and Recaros, and that was two years ago when they were pretty new.  You can get a GT for under $30k, and when you compare it to the rest of the market it's a freakin' bargain!  If you hadn't noticed, there really isn't much of a "pony car" market but there are quite a few fun cars in the $25-35k range and they don't offer what the Mustang does.  There are a few offering more but you are going to pay for it.  Guys in their 20s can't afford a GT?  They are paying just as much for a GTI or WRX or hell, an F150.  This isn't 1992, prices of everything have gone up.  And I don't know what you're talking about with sales, the new Camaro is a flop.

To OP, it's a tough call between the Eco and the GT.  I'm sure you would have a lot of fun with a stock GT or a tuned Eco.  I will say there have been a LOT of threads on M6G from people driving an Eco for a year and then trading up for a GT.  If it's really a tough choice, I recommend going with a v8 - whether that means buying the previous generation now, or waiting until you can afford an S550 GT.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 3:24:15 PM EDT
[#2]
V6 is gone for 2018.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 4:05:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
V6 is gone for 2018.
View Quote

Give it a couple of years and this will be a boon when all those rental grade ex chick car non GT's get cheap like they inevitably ALWAYS will with their turbocharged 2300cc goodness. The comparable performance may even eat into used GT prices depending on how strong the aftermarket gets

I'll probably buy one
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top