BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2016 11:07:29 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 11:10:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Got a garage?  Buy this.

One person can do it.

Word to the wise - reinforce the joists that carry the top.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 11:13:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Had a buddy that put a pulley type system in his garage to take it off and on. Backed in took it off pulled forward then lowered and moved it out of the way.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 11:17:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 11:53:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 1:39:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I store my 06 TJ hardtop sitting on 2 2x4s at the side of the driveway, with the doors against it and covered with a tarp. Taking the hardtop off myself is no problem, I unlatch and unbolt it, slide it backward (with the liftgate up) till it wants to tip down, then lower it onto my upper back & shoulders. When I get it to where I keep it I just lower myself to my knees, then crawl out. It takes maybe 2 minutes.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 5:49:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
All my friends have a little rope/pulley/or ratchet system and it hangs from the garage kinda like you would do with a canopy.

I need to get a hardtop for the LJ still, so I'm not so fortunate.
View Quote

That's what I did when I had one.
Just slide it a couple inches back to get the lower 2x4 underneath, then lift it up.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:03:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Got a garage?  Buy this.

One person can do it.

View Quote

I don't own one, but I've seen glowing reviews of these hoists on assorted Jeep forums.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 4:23:38 PM EDT
[#8]

You can get instructions on how to make your on lift, or you can buy one prebuilt.  I just have to back into my garage, unbolt it, attach the lift and use the come along to lift it up
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 4:26:16 PM EDT
[#9]

It chills in the garage until I put it back on.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 12:00:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Got a garage?  Buy this.

One person can do it.

View Quote

I built my own version of that when I had my jeep. Worked great. Used bike hooks to hang the doors from against the wall.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top