Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2015 10:56:52 AM EDT
`89 in great shape, only 86k on it. Drove it to the store and back the other day, turned it off and realized I needed a adjust my parking a little. Went to start it back up, nothing.

Turn the key and I get power, hear fuel pump turn on, radio, lights etc, work. But no start, no clicking, grinding, nothing, dead silence as if the battery is totally dead.

I fiddled with the wires going to the solenoid/starter. I`m thinking there is some relay or something keeping juice from flowing to the starter. Before I get really involved, any suggestions would be great.

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 11:10:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Starter is dead. Hit it with a stick.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 4:10:01 PM EDT
[#2]
there is a soiloind on the fender or firewall.
you can bridge the power across it and see if the starter turns.
if it does, it is the starter soionid if it doesn't it is the starter or cables.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:31:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Make sure the shifter is in park.  Try neutral as well.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:06:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Ignition modules from Ford V8s of that era are also a pain in the ass.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:09:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Make sure it's in park all the way. If it has a brake interlock, make sure it's closing the circuit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top