BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:48:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You forgot the most important difference.....the flat-plane crank VooDoo engine.  I'd submit that the engine alone justifies the price difference.  Too bad dealer "market adjustments" are going to take the shine off any "value" to be had on this car.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is the gt350 more than a body kit?

Gt Perf Pack...    front tires 255/45-19.  Rears 275/40-19
Gt350. ...              front tires 295/35-19.  Rears 305 or 315/30-19

Add the option for magnetic ride suspension along with 526 hp.

gt350 R adds carbon fiber wheels that are like 18-20 pounds a piece with even wider tires and electromagnetic suspension shocks.

yeah the GT350 is a fair leap above a normal GT...

You forgot the most important difference.....the flat-plane crank VooDoo engine.  I'd submit that the engine alone justifies the price difference.  Too bad dealer "market adjustments" are going to take the shine off any "value" to be had on this car.

Yup.  MOst people don't pay attention to the engine:  a V8 that hits redline at 8300 rpm!  The GT350 is meant to be a road racer, and they nailed it with this one!

I would love to have one, but yeah, dealer markups (unless Ford is making them not do that) will probably severely limit the availability of this car. Like the Bullitt, The Boss ,and the first GT500s.  Hell, when I got my V6, even the normal GTs were being sold for 2-5K above sticker!

I would love to upgrade from my 06 V6, but I probably couldn't afford the 350 in various ways.  Maybe I'll just start with a normal 435HP GT....  
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 5:17:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I love it after seeing a motor tend review. Omg that engine note. But the price tag will ensure I never own one :(  so I'll stick to restoring and modifying 80s- mid 2000 cars.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:13:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I think I read all the posts,nobody mentioned that there will only be 100 GT350's and 37 GT350R's available.

Love that flat plane crank...
View Quote

That is for 2015s only.

Production numbers of the GT350 should be comparable to that of the GT500 or Boss 302.   Expect around 5k per year.

For the GT350R look towards the Laguna Seca edition Boss 302.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:01:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I love it after seeing a motor tend review. Omg that engine note. But the price tag will ensure I never own one :(  so I'll stick to restoring and modifying 80s- mid 2000 cars.
View Quote
I was excited about the flat plane deal...but Ford dicked it up. It could have sounded like a Ferrari but they had some problem with the firing order and they ended up changing things so now it sounds like a high winding cross plane. Still cool but not as cool as it could have been.

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 2:53:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I was excited about the flat plane deal...but Ford dicked it up. It could have sounded like a Ferrari but they had some problem with the firing order and they ended up changing things so now it sounds like a high winding cross plane. Still cool but not as cool as it could have been.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually not what I read.  The firing order is a correct L-R-L-R-L-R-L-R, and it is the exhaust that was installed to make it sound half way like a muscle car that gives that "hybrid" sound.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 3:59:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Actually not what I read.  The firing order is a correct L-R-L-R-L-R-L-R, and it is the exhaust that was installed to make it sound half way like a muscle car that gives that "hybrid" sound.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

At that point it performs, revs and sounds like the S65 4.0 BMW V8 but with 1.0 litre more displacement, even the power scales up exactly (4.0 w/ 400hp, 5.0 w/500hp), that engine was in production back in 2008.

I don't really see Fords reasoning going with a one off engine with a flat plane crank if it didn't have the flat plane sound, unless they feel they couldn't get to 500hp without doing so, which again BMW was able to get 8300rpms, 400hp with 4.0 litres of displacement in a traditional  cross plane setup.

I guess I'm just a little confused.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:06:12 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
At that point it performs, revs and sounds like the S65 4.0 BMW V8 but with 1.0 litre more displacement, even the power scales up exactly (4.0 w/ 400hp, 5.0 w/500hp), that engine was in production back in 2008.

I don't really see Fords reasoning going with a one off engine with a flat plane crank if it didn't have the flat plane sound, unless they feel they couldn't get to 500hp without doing so, which again BMW was able to get 8300rpms, 400hp with 4.0 litres of displacement in a traditional  cross plane setup.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah..it does seem like they went through all the effort and didn't get the benefit.  Did they need a flat plane crank to get 8k? Hell a huge LS7 can spin into the 7s.

There is something with the firing order or journal layout that prevent the Ferrari sound...it's not fixable with an exhaust swap.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 2:26:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The 2 engines are not comparable. The BMW 4.0L makes peak HP at 8300 while the 5.2 Ford makes it at 7500.  Peak torque for the BMW is at 3900 while the 5.2 Ford is at 4750.  To quote Ford...    " It produces 90 percent of peak torque from approximately 3,450 rpm through 7,000 rpm, and features a racetrack-friendly spread of nearly 3,000 rpm between its torque and horsepower peaks."  THAT is why Ford went with a flat plane crank     A single Peak Horsepower number is useless and tells nothing about the engine by itself.  

Quoted:
Yeah..it does seem like they went through all the effort and didn't get the benefit.  Did they need a flat plane crank to get 8k? Hell a huge LS7 can spin into the 7s.    

This is a factory warranted engine.     You do realize that the extra 1K RPMs is a big deal, right ;)
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 4:32:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

it isnt just the horsepower...

it is the 8250 redline...

Ford evidently likes doing one offs, the 5.8 GT500 engine that ran for only 2 years of production is one example.

Plasma spray cylinder lining of the 5.8 is what made 5.2 possible on the Voodoo.

I am left wondering where a coyote spun to 8k would wind up.   It isnt that much beyond where a Boss 302 could be run but then engine speed/rpm is what kills engines so Ford doing a flat plane is likely justified.

i really dont care about the ratio of 100hp per liter.   There is theory that gas powered engine can only be so efficient for a given compression ratio/fuel.     So if BMW, Ferrari, Audi have done the same ratio with smaller displacements, so what.

The car will likely be living it's life on 91 octane.

i just wish the car was lighter, like 3300-3400 pounds.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 9:30:18 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Ford evidently likes doing one offs, the 5.8 GT500 engine that ran for only 2 years of production is one example.

Plasma spray cylinder lining of the 5.8 is what made 5.2 possible on the Voodoo.

I am left wondering where a coyote spun to 8k would wind up.   It isnt that much beyond where a Boss 302 could be run but then engine speed/rpm is what kills engines so Ford doing a flat plane is likely justified.

i really dont care about the ratio of 100hp per liter.   There is theory that gas powered engine can only be so efficient for a given compression ratio/fuel.     So if BMW, Ferrari, Audi have done the same ratio with smaller displacements, so what.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What difference does a flat plane crank make in high rpm appications?  Natural balance? Ok. The world has been balancing cross plane cranks for 100 years.

They turn big V8s north of 10k in cup cars every weekend using cross plane cranks and fucking push rods.  

Ford did it so they could say they did it. That's fine, it's cool and I'm glad they did it but they didn't need to. The coyote is a good design and I'm sure it can be spun into the 8s without much work.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 10:28:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The 2 engines are not comparable. The BMW 4.0L makes peak HP at 8300 while the 5.2 Ford makes it at 7500.  Peak torque for the BMW is at 3900 while the 5.2 Ford is at 4750.  To quote Ford...    " It produces 90 percent of peak torque from approximately 3,450 rpm through 7,000 rpm, and features a racetrack-friendly spread of nearly 3,000 rpm between its torque and horsepower peaks."  THAT is why Ford went with a flat plane crank     A single Peak Horsepower number is useless and tells nothing about the engine by itself.  

This is a factory warranted engine.     You do realize that the extra 1K RPMs is a big deal, right ;)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

The two engines are absolutely comparable, again they rev the same, have similar  flat torque bands, the hp and torque scales the same between their sizes.

Im not really sure how you can say they are not.
Flat plane crank was unnecessary in tbis engine esp if they weren't going for the firing order sound (two 4 cylinders put together).

Link Posted: 12/1/2015 9:00:03 AM EDT
[#12]
There's a few on AutoTrader - hope this link works .................... searched for 2016 Mustang Shelby GT350's 200 miles from my ZIP in central PA ...................... found 16 of them .................

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/2016/Ford/Mustang/Lock+Haven+PA-17745?endYear=2016&makeCode1=FORD&mmt=%5BFORD%5BMUST%5BMUST%7CShelby+GT350%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&modelCode1=MUST&searchRadius=200&showcaseListingId=415439081&showcaseOwnerId=579471&startYear=2016&Log=0
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 2:07:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Was looking online and found a few at MSRP. There are a lot of dealers charging a $5000-$10000 market adjustment fee. Ridiculous. I wonder how much the depreciation will be in a few years, $50k+ is a lot for a mustang.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 2:44:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The two engines are absolutely comparable, again they rev the same, have similar  flat torque bands, the hp and torque scales the same between their sizes.

Flat plane crank was unnecessary in tbis engine esp if they weren't going for the firing order sound (two 4 cylinders put together).
View Quote

Rough numbers, the Ford makes peak horsepower at 800RPM less and peak torque at 850 RPM more.   You are focusing on the horsepower when you should be focusing on the torque.  The torque does not scale between their sizes.  The Ford makes more torque per liter and maintains a higher percentage of the peak torque to its peak horsepower and beyond.   This is not a clean slate engine design, this is an evolutionary stage of the Coyote engine.  A low mileage used S65 engine costs more than what a Voodoo 5.2 crate engine will eventually cost. There are obviously compromises made by Ford in the interests of keeping cost down to a reasonable level.  As an example, 8 separate throttle bodies may increase torque and horsepower but would increase cost.  Ford used the advantages of the flat plane crankshaft design in order to create a pretty impressive track engine which is still affordable in a production street car.    
I sincerely do not understand your objection to Ford improving the performance of the 5.0L engine using affordable technology at their disposal.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 4:08:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Rough numbers, the Ford makes peak horsepower at 800RPM less and peak torque at 850 RPM more.   You are focusing on the horsepower when you should be focusing on the torque.  The torque does not scale between their sizes.  The Ford makes more torque per liter and maintains a higher percentage of the peak torque to its peak horsepower and beyond.   This is not a clean slate engine design, this is an evolutionary stage of the Coyote engine.  A low mileage used S65 engine costs more than what a Voodoo 5.2 crate engine will eventually cost. There are obviously compromises made by Ford in the interests of keeping cost down to a reasonable level.  As an example, 8 separate throttle bodies may increase torque and horsepower but would increase cost.  Ford used the advantages of the flat plane crankshaft design in order to create a pretty impressive track engine which is still affordable in a production street car.    
I sincerely do not understand your objection to Ford improving the performance of the 5.0L engine using affordable technology at their disposal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thing about torque on a NA engine is the only way to increase it is through displacement so I'm not sure if you're taking that into consideration, from what I'm seeing the torque would scale to be about the same.

I don't object to ford doing a flatplane crank engine but it seems they could have done the same with the 5.0, I don't see the firing order on the crank having anything to do with making any negligible difference in power but maybe I'm wrong.

If they have long term ideas with this whole ground up 5.2 flatplane crank engine probably more so to appease certain people who want to see NA engine continue in mustangs so they can start moving forward with more turbo engine options in the lessor stangs.

Link Posted: 12/1/2015 4:29:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Well, I have now spoken to or heard from between 20-30 dealers who supposedly have cars or open allocations.

Roughly 50% responded that their listings reflect cars already sold.
Another 30-40% responded with availability, and a $20,000 markup (this seems to be the average).
A few had cars or allocations available at $10k or less markup.
I found two cars in stock @ MSRP, but neither with a desirable configuration.

After having my wife yell at me for screwing around and not pulling the trigger, I ended up placing an order with a local dealer to get exactly what I wanted and paid the lowest markup I found.  

The markup was similar to what I have in my Noveske SBR that rarely goes to the range.

Should be here around Feb/Mar.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 4:45:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Thing about torque on a NA engine is the only way to increase it is through displacement so I'm not sure if you're taking that into consideration, from what I'm seeing the torque would scale to be about the same.

I don't object to ford doing a flatplane crank engine but it seems they could have done the same with the 5.0, I don't see the firing order on the crank having anything to do with making any negligible difference in power but maybe I'm wrong.
View Quote

There is a range from 380 lb-ft in the F150 to 400 lb-ft of torque for the 5.0 Coyote engine..  Displacement is obviously identical.  An additional near 30 lb-ft of torque output by the 5.2 can in no manner be attributed exclusively to an additional .2L of displacement.   Proportionally the 5.2 makes more torque per Liter than does the S65.  Torque can be improved through cylinder head efficiency and flow, intake manifold design, exhaust system design, camshaft profile and variable cam timing, compression ratio and of course fuel and spark maps.  The S65 and 5.2 both share a common 12:1 compression ratio where the Coyote 5.0 is a full point lower at 11:1.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 4:51:08 PM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

How do you like the GT?  Did you look at the convertible at all?

Just thinking of something that would be fun to tool around in for a couple of years that wouldn't take a 50% loss in value in that time.

Convertibles are great

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx135/AssaultRifler/Misc/Mustang/Mustang_33.jpg

That is a sweet looking car and my wife had a 04 GT convertible, but the hard tops look far better to me.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 10:50:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Well, I have now spoken to or heard from between 20-30 dealers who supposedly have cars or open allocations.

Another 30-40% responded with availability, and a $20,000 markup (this seems to be the average).

After having my wife yell at me for screwing around and not pulling the trigger, I ended up placing an order with a local dealer to get exactly what I wanted and paid the lowest markup I found.  

The markup was similar to what I have in my Noveske SBR that rarely goes to the range.

View Quote

1. Congrats
2. Your wife is awesome
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 1:34:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Very cool...

So is it a GT350 or GT350R?
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 4:31:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
1. Congrats
2. Your wife is awesome
View All Quotes
Quoted:
1. Congrats
2. Your wife is awesome

1. Thanks!
2. Yes, yes she is.

Quoted:
Very cool...

So is it a GT350 or GT350R?

GT350 in red.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 12:51:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Damn....mine only let me buy a GT
.... that bitch.....

Link Posted: 12/3/2015 1:51:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Damn....mine only let me buy a GT
.... that bitch.....

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/3/2015 4:27:47 PM EDT
[#24]
If any of you stumble across a GT350 with just the tech package at MSRP, let me know.

I don't plan on tracking it so thats really all I need/want.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 11:24:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
If any of you stumble across a GT350 with just the tech package at MSRP, let me know.

View Quote

Good luck. I know of one at $5k, 2-3 at $10k and the rest are $15-20k or higher markup.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 5:27:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Good luck. I know of one at $5k, 2-3 at $10k and the rest are $15-20k or higher markup.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am in no rush  Next year will probably be a more reasonable time for me to look, but I also know that most of the GT350 crew are at the least looking for the base model with the track package.

Since I only want the tech package, I may get lucky and find the one GT350 nobody wants
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 8:48:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I am in no rush  Next year will probably be a more reasonable time for me to look, but I also know that most of the GT350 crew are at the least looking for the base model with the track package.

Since I only want the tech package, I may get lucky and find the one GT350 nobody wants
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Think again.

Lots of people seem to want the tech pack.

Soon Mustang6g will have stats I bet.

If I were going to do it then it would be a tech pack that I would do.    The one I saw being picked up at the local dealership was a tech pack.   The other sold in my area is in deep impact blue and I think it is a tech pack as well.

Tech pack gives magnaride and the comforts of a good premium optioned GT.

My bet is the GT350 Tech Pack will be the most common.

No idea on GT350R.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 9:27:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Think again.

If I were going to do it then it would be a tech pack that I would do.    The one I saw being picked up at the local dealership was a tech pack.   The other sold in my area is in deep impact blue and I think it is a tech pack as well.

No idea on GT350R.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Think again.

No idea on GT350R.

This.  Preliminary polling from people who have orders in the system show 60%+ with the tech pack.  Dealers without a buyer will order tech pack, so that benefits you in the long run.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 9:28:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Mine will look like this.

Link Posted: 12/5/2015 11:29:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Traitor.

Link Posted: 12/6/2015 12:17:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Traitor.

View Quote

Don't get me wrong. I spent more than a few minutes on the configurator building GTSs, GT3s and so forth. Each time, I'd remind myself I sold the GTS because I felt guilty with an expensive car sitting in the garage not being driven.

I started looking at mustangs as a (relatively) inexpensive "fun" car, but found I hate the idea of driving something everyone else has. So the GT350 really fit the bill. Fun, fast and easier on the checkbook. Although, without the wife pushing I probably still wouldn't have bought it.

Now I just have to hope for a Ford corral at PLM.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 12:27:55 AM EDT
[#32]
59k was the sticker I saw on this one today.

Link Posted: 12/6/2015 12:30:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Don't get me wrong. I spent more than a few minutes on the configurator building GTSs, GT3s and so forth. Each time, I'd remind myself I sold the GTS because I felt guilty with an expensive car sitting in the garage not being driven.

I started looking at mustangs as a (relatively) inexpensive "fun" car, but found I hate the idea of driving something everyone else has. So the GT350 really fit the bill. Fun, fast and easier on the checkbook. Although, without the wife pushing I probably still wouldn't have bought it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Traitor.

Never noticed one but I don't get into the infield much during PLM.  Usually working 12 or Start so I park in the support paddock or the support pits on Saturdays as all the support series cars are gone.

My old fat ass on the Start stand a couple of years ago at Petit:

It says "2006" because I had not set the date in the camera but it was 2012.

Oh, I was remarking to my Porsche parts guy the other day about how the roofline on the Mustangs look similar to the Cayman and how the car itself looks more European and he said that this is the first year that Mustangs are being sold at Ford dealerships in Europe.

Is that true, about the first year they are being sold from a Ford dealership over there?
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 1:45:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s295.photobucket.com/user/audiosolstice/media/F63E4E3F-0627-414D-ACB9-92AC9B0FC514_zpsoroxngln.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm127/audiosolstice/F63E4E3F-0627-414D-ACB9-92AC9B0FC514_zpsoroxngln.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:

<a href="http://s295.photobucket.com/user/audiosolstice/media/F63E4E3F-0627-414D-ACB9-92AC9B0FC514_zpsoroxngln.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm127/audiosolstice/F63E4E3F-0627-414D-ACB9-92AC9B0FC514_zpsoroxngln.jpg</a>

Sexy, but I'm sure it's not selling for $59k.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Traitor.

Never noticed one but I don't get into the infield much during PLM.  Usually working 12 or Start so I park in the support paddock or the support pits on Saturdays as all the support series cars are gone.

<a href="http://s59.photobucket.com/user/rx7turbo929/media/meonstartstandat2012petit_zps7b680138.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g293/rx7turbo929/meonstartstandat2012petit_zps7b680138.jpg</a>

Oh, I was remarking to my Porsche parts guy the other day about how the roofline on the Mustangs look similar to the Cayman and how the car itself looks more European and he said that this is the first year that Mustangs are being sold at Ford dealerships in Europe.

Is that true, about the first year they are being sold from a Ford dealership over there?

Hmm, I don't know the answer to that one.  I'm pretty sure I saw Mustangs on the road in Europe last time I was over (UK and mainland), but I couldn't swear to it.  The 350 is NA only, but I know a guy deployed in Germany who is having his shipped over once it is delivered.

ETA - this year was the first we didn't park in the Porsche corral, and I know Corvette obviously always has one.  I think Viper had one this year, but I'm not sure about Ford.  I *think* they did, but didn't pay a lot of attention.

Actually, that's not true about the corral - we had VIP access in '12 and '13 and parked right behind Porsche's pavilion (instead of in the Corral by the Jim Ellis tent).  Now THAT was the way to go.  Catered food, open bar, a way to get out of the wind/rain/whatever, plus the drivers stop by between their stints and after the race.  It was fun hanging with Jorg and Patrick when Flying Lizard was still a Porsche factory backed team.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 1:51:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Hmm, I don't know the answer to that one.  I'm pretty sure I saw Mustangs on the road in Europe last time I was over (UK and mainland), but I couldn't swear to it.  The 350 is NA only, but I know a guy deployed in Germany who is having his shipped over once it is delivered.

ETA - this year was the first we didn't park in the Porsche corral, and I know Corvette obviously always has one.  I think Viper had one this year, but I'm not sure about Ford.  I *think* they did, but didn't pay a lot of attention.

Actually, that's not true about the corral - we had VIP access in '12 and '13 and parked right behind Porsche's pavilion (instead of in the Corral by the Jim Ellis tent).  Now THAT was the way to go.  Catered food, open bar, a way to get out of the wind/rain/whatever, plus the drivers stop by between their stints and after the race.  It was fun hanging with Jorg and Patrick when Flying Lizard was still a Porsche factory backed team.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Traitor.

<a href="http://s59.photobucket.com/user/rx7turbo929/media/meonstartstandat2012petit_zps7b680138.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g293/rx7turbo929/meonstartstandat2012petit_zps7b680138.jpg</a>

$72,970 I believe was the asking price.

I let my 2 year old sit in it.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 10:26:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Traitor.

I know people had bought Mustangs and had them shipped over but not sure about dealerships there having them.  Gonna have to try to find out just out of curiousity.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 11:31:38 AM EDT
[#37]
Apparently, what he told me is true:

http://money.cnn.com/2012/09/06/autos/ford-mustang-europe/index.html

When it comes to cars, they don't get much more American than the Ford Mustang. But the original "pony car" is finally going across the pond.

Ford Motor Co. announced Thursday it will begin selling the Mustang in Europe.
View Quote

They picture an older, maybe 2014 (did the 2015 still look like that or is that a 2015 that you pictured?), Mustang in the article.  Look at the difference in the roofline on the one you pictured and the fact that the new one even has a back window at all.  The roof is much more curved on the new one:

New one:

Compare that roofline to a 911 or even a Cayman.  To me, the side glass looks like a cross between 911 side glass and Cayman side glass.

Looks good.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 6:07:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Did he put dirty feet on the seat back?  

Quoted:

When it comes to cars, they don't get much more American than the Ford Mustang. But the original "pony car" is finally going across the pond.

They picture an older, maybe 2014 (did the 2015 still look like that or is that a 2015 that you pictured?), Mustang in the article.  Look at the difference in the roofline on the one you pictured and the fact that the new one even has a back window at all.  The roof is much more curved on the new one:

<a href="http://s59.photobucket.com/user/rx7turbo929/media/2014%20mustang_zpsi2zh0saz.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g293/rx7turbo929/2014%20mustang_zpsi2zh0saz.jpg</a>

New one:

<a href="http://s59.photobucket.com/user/rx7turbo929/media/2016%20mustang_zpssrxj7thi.png.html" target="_blank">http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g293/rx7turbo929/2016%20mustang_zpssrxj7thi.png</a>

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm127/audiosolstice/F63E4E3F-0627-414D-ACB9-92AC9B0FC514_zpsoroxngln.jpg

Compare that roofline to a 911 or even a Cayman.  To me, the side glass looks like a cross between 911 side glass and Cayman side glass.

Looks good.

Interesting.  The blue is definitely 2014 or older.  I don't know much about the different model years, but I do know the current body style (S550) came out in 2015 I think.  It is no more than a year or two old.

I do agree about the Euro look - it looks a lot less "traditional American muscle" and more sleekly taut like you'd find on a German track car.  Interesting that they have not been selling them direct over there until now - seems like a huge missed opportunity.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 9:35:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Supposedly GT350s will not be going to europe.

The hood was lowered enough that it doesnt meet pedestrian versus vehicle standards.

So just regular GT and Ecoboost for Euro-land...
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 9:52:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Mustangs were sold in Europe as far back as 1965 or '66.  But the were not called Mustangs.  They went by the name of T-5.  Something about a copyright overseas owning the Mustang name.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 10:31:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Interesting.  The blue is definitely 2014 or older.  I don't know much about the different model years, but I do know the current body style (S550) came out in 2015 I think.  It is no more than a year or two old.

I do agree about the Euro look - it looks a lot less "traditional American muscle" and more sleekly taut like you'd find on a German track car.  Interesting that they have not been selling them direct over there until now - seems like a huge missed opportunity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

<a href="http://s59.photobucket.com/user/rx7turbo929/media/2014%20mustang_zpsi2zh0saz.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g293/rx7turbo929/2014%20mustang_zpsi2zh0saz.jpg</a>

New one:

<a href="http://s59.photobucket.com/user/rx7turbo929/media/2016%20mustang_zpssrxj7thi.png.html" target="_blank">http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g293/rx7turbo929/2016%20mustang_zpssrxj7thi.png</a>

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm127/audiosolstice/F63E4E3F-0627-414D-ACB9-92AC9B0FC514_zpsoroxngln.jpg

Looks good.

Lol naw he just sat in the drivers seat

Link Posted: 12/6/2015 11:59:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The hood was lowered enough that it doesnt meet pedestrian versus vehicle standards.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's what I understand as well.

Quoted:
<a href="http://s295.photobucket.com/user/audiosolstice/media/49569369-0E57-4F13-A5E4-7818331DD3B0_zpsxtdmdscv.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm127/audiosolstice/49569369-0E57-4F13-A5E4-7818331DD3B0_zpsxtdmdscv.jpg</a>

Heh, I asked because we were on the way to a Christmas party Saturday and I decided to swing by the dealership and put the kids in the back seat of a 2016 just to verify the space.  I no more had got the seat adjusted for me and turned around when I noticed about 10 dusty footprints on the back from my daughter.

The sales guy had just tossed me the keys to a car outside because he was tied up, and they're in the middle of renovations so it was dirty everywhere.  

Kids.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 12:03:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Heh, I asked because we were on the way to a Christmas party Saturday and I decided to swing by the dealership and put the kids in the back seat of a 2016 just to verify the space.  I no more had got the seat adjusted for me and turned around when I noticed about 10 dusty footprints on the back from my daughter.

The sales guy had just tossed me the keys to a car outside because he was tied up, and they're in the middle of renovations so it was dirty everywhere.  

Kids.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
<a href="http://s295.photobucket.com/user/audiosolstice/media/49569369-0E57-4F13-A5E4-7818331DD3B0_zpsxtdmdscv.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm127/audiosolstice/49569369-0E57-4F13-A5E4-7818331DD3B0_zpsxtdmdscv.jpg</a>

Kids.

Haha, that's funny.

My wife wants a new suv and I keep telling her it doesn't pay to get anything new because the little one is just going to wear it out.

Link Posted: 12/7/2015 11:29:55 AM EDT
[#44]
I saw a red new GT-350 in traffic Saturday in Atlanta . It looks great .
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 12:22:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I saw a red new GT-350 in traffic Saturday in Atlanta . It looks great .
View Quote

Sweet!  I think one guy already took delivery in one pretty much exactly like mine.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 12:27:21 PM EDT
[#46]
I say buy a vett instead. But that is a sweet Mustang.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 12:47:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/p0MUuVA.png
View Quote

WOW, that looks great!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 9:43:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/p0MUuVA.png

That awesome!!
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 4:11:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quick update:

I had talked a Houston dealer down from $15k markup to $4k, and was still trading emails when he let me know they had sold the car.

It was an AutoNation Ford dealer, and they have another one not too far from me here in N. Atlanta.  I've traded emails with a sales guy there along with their GM.  Its looking increasingly likely that I'm not going to find a better deal than my current one, leaving me with just the issue of the wait.  Some folks who ordered in June still do not have cars and will not see them before Jan/Feb.  Some folks who have ordered in Sept/Oct have theirs or will before the month is out.

The not knowing, random allocation/production order is the most frustrating part of the whole order/purchase process.  I've custom ordered one M3 and two 911s and both where completely predictable.  The dealer was able to estimate delivery within 2-4 weeks even when it was 6 months away, because they produce them in sequential order so you always know where you stand.  Ford seems to pull orders at random depending on things like size/volume of a particular dealer as well as other unknown factors (like regional reps getting involved).  Frustrating.

Quoted:
I say buy a vett instead. But that is a sweet Mustang.
View Quote

I like the Vette performance, but not all the QA issue, lack of back seat (two kids so everything I drive has 4 seats), and transformer styling.
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 11:53:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Jesus.

I tried to climb into the back seat of my 2015 today to clean the rear window...

Yeah 6ft 3in doesnt work.

Half tempted to do a rear seat delete on my 2015.   My 95 is gonna get one and maybe even the 2005.   Might as well just go all the way.    Would be cool to make the rear seat buckets fit into my garage decor for the movie theater as backup seating that can always be put back into the cars.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top