Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2015 9:17:40 PM EDT
Sorta familiar with these. Had a 2000 but sold it a few years ago:

Really missed it, so I'm picking up this 2013 tomorrow:

Pretty sure not much has changed since my first one other than going to fuel injected instead of carbureted. Anyone have a recent Bonneville, and know of anything weird or quirks to look at for?

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:20:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Had a 2011.  Nice bike overall.  Looked good, reliable but just felt kinda gutless to me.  Sold it a year later.

ETA: Arrow exhausts make them sound awesome
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:24:49 AM EDT
[#2]
i know nothing about bikes. But I do know that's one beautiful bike!
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 8:01:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Awesome and super reliable bikes. All you need to know is how to have fun.

As a side not the seat breaks my ass, but that looks like maybe one of the gel ones? Don't know, but 45 minutes and I was in pain.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:52:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Beautiful bike. Do new Trimuphs use metric wrenches or SAE?

The more I think about it was a dumb question. I'm sure it's metric. Excuse brain fart.  
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 4:31:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Beautiful bike. Do new Trimuphs use metric wrenches or SAE?

The more I think about it was a dumb question. I'm sure it's metric. Excuse brain fart.  
View Quote

metric

I have an 06 Thruxton and love it. Did the pipes/airbox/air injection stuff to open it up. Not super fast but fast enough to be fun to ride. 2013 will be fuel injected, which is nice.

Mine has been reliable.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:42:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Went and picked it up yesterday. Really like it. Can't tell much difference from the older one I had (which is good).

Been a while since I've ridden, but it's pretty mild mannered so the re-learning curve will be short.

As far is it being "gutless", I admit that if you're used to "crotch rocket" type bikes. you'd probably get bored with something like this, but I'm content to meander about, so this works perfect for me! Great bike to learn on IMO. Easy to ride, and enough power to get out of trouble and the throttle is pretty forgiving.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top