Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2015 8:36:07 PM EDT
I am thinking about getting a bike.  Have not thought about what I want .  I started looking at dealer pre-owned bikes and noticed that there are a whole sh#!t load of used bikes with around 10K miles on them.  Is 10k miles a magic number?
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 8:47:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Ive had 5 or 6 litrebike or bigger that had over 40k but thats inline 4's.
With other motor designs,  ymmv
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 9:04:44 PM EDT
[#2]
10k for a modern bike isn't anything.

More important is what you are looking for and what you want to spend.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 1:49:00 AM EDT
[#3]
As said 10K miles is nothing.

I put 30K miles on my brand new 2005 GSX-R 600 the first 2 years I had it. It had miles of wheelies, road courses and drag strip passes on it.

What matters more is if the previous owner chucked it down the street and bent/broke parts that can't easily be seen like fairing stays, subframe, etc.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:57:04 PM EDT
[#4]
modern bikes will go upwards of 100k if you take care of em
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 8:20:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Is it common for a dealer to have left over bikes that are 2 or 3 yrs old. I was at a deealer today and came across one today.  I also noticed a couple of other dealers that have a "new" bike no miles on online.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 8:29:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Leftovers can be found, yes. Consider the depreciation carefully. Might not be such a deal
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:20:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Leftovers can be found, yes. Consider the depreciation carefully. Might not be such a deal
View Quote

Never thought abut the depreciation.  According to Keely Blue Book for motorcycles. the sticker price at the dealer today was $2200 higher than KBB.  I will Keep this in mind as I look.  
Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 10:05:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Is it common for a dealer to have left over bikes that are 2 or 3 yrs old. I was at a deealer today and came across one today.  I also noticed a couple of other dealers that have a "new" bike no miles on online.
View Quote

True...I found a 2014 Kawasaki Versys, 0 miles, at a dealer 50 miles south of  Porkland...ad online mispriced at $4999 (should have been $5999)...drove down and laid $5k down, 20 minutes later we loaded it in my trailer. Craigslist has not less than six 2009/2012 used Versys going for $4k/$5k near me.

Now is the time to find new 14's. Color and options may be limited but...
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:59:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

My local dealer has tons of '13 leftovers.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:17:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah last shop I went into had a 2011 left over sitting in the back corner.  Kinda surprised it was still there given the price it was marked at
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top