Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2015 1:05:38 PM EDT
Need to pick up a set.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 2:03:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I use their stands, no issues.  Jacks, specifically aluminum ones, are supposed to be pretty decent too.

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 2:12:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the 4 ton one. It works for what I need it to.
But like all the rest, I wouldnt bet my life on it.
I use jackstands and if Im pulling a tire, I put the tire under the frame,, etc etc.
Just usual common sense stuff.

I use mine on a Hummer H2, and Dodge 3500. Neither of which are light weight vehicles.

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 4:59:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use their stands, no issues.  Jacks, specifically aluminum ones, are supposed to be pretty decent too.  
View Quote

I was looking at steel because my Excusion is pretty heavy
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 5:03:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I always throw something else under the rig just in case (I have a huge 14" block of wood that I wedge somewhere), but I have no issues with their stands or jacks...been using both for many years.

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 5:09:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Been using the big ones for years.  No problems.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 5:53:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good idea.

I broke one of their aluminum low pro 3 ton ones - literally broke the metal.

The steel ones I have 4 or 5 during the last 10 years and they have been decent. My current go to is the 2ton low pro hi lift jack. Been great so far.

Their stands are reliable, but these ones are better and have an extra measure of safety - will be great especially for your expedition - get 4 for under $100.

http://www.amazon.com/Torin-T46002-Jack-Stands-Pairs/dp/B000CODPF6/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1435873811&sr=8-6&keywords=torin+double+locking+jack+stands

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 6:00:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Good idea.

The steel ones I have 4 or 5 during the last 10 years and they have been decent. My current go to is the 2ton low pro hi lift jack. Been great so far.

Their stands are reliable, but these ones are better and have an extra measure of safety - will be great especially for your expedition - get 4 for under $100.

http://www.amazon.com/Torin-T46002-Jack-Stands-Pairs/dp/B000CODPF6/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1435873811&sr=8-6&keywords=torin+double+locking+jack+stands

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Gsa0ODCQL.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good idea.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Gsa0ODCQL.jpg

If you refer to my Excursion as a Expedition again we cannot be friends
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 6:38:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ah yeah. With a truck/SUV you will need to get the steel ones.  I have a big red (aka torin) SUV/truck trolly jack.  Love it and it's been working well for ~4 years

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:47:21 PM EDT
[#9]
The aluminum lo pro racing jacks are excellent.  Seem to be very popular in the grassroots racing community.   I have their 3 ton.  Beats the hell out of anything remotely close in price.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:05:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Got this a few weeks ago at Northern Toolsl

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:43:05 PM EDT
[#11]
I've never had issues with the jackstands or the steel jacks.

I think at the price point, they are on par with anything else.  There are obviously better choices, but you will pay appropriately.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 2:45:31 AM EDT
[#12]
I've had one of their 3 ton (maybe 3 1/2) for many years.  Never had a problem with it and I mostly use it on my Explorer now.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:28:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I think at the price point, they are on par with anything else.  There are obviously better choices, but you will pay appropriately.
View Quote

What are better jack stands and what makes them better?? I never trust my life to a jack anyway.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:02:07 AM EDT
[#14]
i have the HF jack stands and got a Craftsman floor jack, stand, and creeper set for Christmas last year. the stands are both made in China and the same but different paint. never had any trouble.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 9:19:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

What are better jack stands and what makes them better?? I never trust my life to a jack anyway.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0flclqcxl0
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:02:37 PM EDT
[#16]
I have a steel 3 ton and also 2 jack stands.

Been using them for about 3.5 years now, no problems.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:04:18 PM EDT
[#17]
I don't have the pic, but coupon code # 28867019 is 25% off july 4th only.  I can forward you the email if you want
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 9:24:25 PM EDT
[#18]
I've had one of the HF 4-ton steel jacks for the last few years, and it has been 100% reliable.  As far as their jack stands are concerned, they are GTG as well...same Chinese stuff that you buy at Northern or Tractor Supply.  I have a couple sets of the Torin 6-ton stands, simply because the added height is a lot more useful with the Jeeps.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 10:08:46 PM EDT
[#19]
We've got a couple set of the stands that get almost daily use at the shop. No problems after years of use.

I bought an aluminum "racing" jack from them years ago for home use...it didn't last but a few months before the hydraulics gave out. May have just been a bad one though.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 10:12:05 PM EDT
[#20]

I was working under my Ford F-250 today.  (New Shocks and Steering Damper.)  

I always try to double jack stand whenever possible, plus leave tension on the jack if I can as an extra measure of protection.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:09:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:47:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Bought 3 ton low clearance floor jack that has been on sale for the last month. Great deal. Good quality for $80.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:21:33 PM EDT
[#23]
I have the regular steel 3 tons one and the 3 ton jacks. Picked them up from a guy on craigslist for $50 for everything. They were only 6 months old. So far have been great. The heaviest vehicle Ive had on them has been a Expedition.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top