Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2015 9:05:29 PM EDT
Picked up this bad boy today. 2015 GMC Canyone SLE All Terrain.  I've been excited about these since they first announced them last year and pulled the trigger on one today. Think I'm gonna like this thing. Anyone else have one? Let's see them and let me know about any issues yours has had.

Still has step bars and a spray in bed liner that will go in next week.

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:06:43 PM EDT
[#1]

Looks good.

In before the GM hate.

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:14:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks good.

In before the GM hate.

View Quote

I traded my F-150 for it too!
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:22:40 PM EDT
[#3]
They look great and very tempting.... waiting for the 1 year report :)
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:58:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks nice.  One question though, is the front air dam easily removable?  I would think that it must be, I can't imagine that ground clearance killer belongs on any vehicle intended to be taken off road.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:10:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Looks nice.  One question though, is the front air dam easily removable?  I would think that it must be, I can't imagine that ground clearance killer belongs on any vehicle intended to be taken off road.
View Quote

Yes it can be removed by the user. I checked before I bought. I'm going to leave it on for day to day driving because it supposedly gives you +1mpg on average.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:17:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm going to get a bunch of''ARO's'' made up to place after the N.

I really hope GM didn't do their usual  ''the customers can find our first year bugs'' roll-out.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:37:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I really loved my 04 with the 5cyl. She was a great truck. She died in battle though. I was making a left hand turn and had my signal on. The guy in the 3/4 ton with an 8" lift and like 38 inch tires decided he wanted to pass me at the same time and basically drove over the hood. He was doing around 75mph.
I'm sure the new ones are leaps better than mine though.
Congrats! That's a nice looking truck...
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:08:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks good and I would definitely leave the step bars off.  If you do a lot of highway driving then you might see that +1Mpg difference, but around town it wont make a difference.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:12:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Those fucking air dams.  I can drive or back a Scion FRS or even a Lexus RC onto my carhauler without dragging but fucking GMC air dams can drag backing off the trailer if you don't tippy-toe.

True.

-p.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 7:18:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Nice truck!
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 7:55:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Very nice!

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 8:01:50 AM EDT
[#12]
I had a 2012 Canyon 4WD, 5-cylinder- worse truck I've owned. Gas mileage was 18 tops and the 4WD system couldn't pull itself out of a mud puddle.

Hope the 2015's improved a helluva lot.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:09:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah...that air dam needs to go...
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:25:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Very nice ride I'd have gotten black if it were me, but red looks good too.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:07:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Our parts manager got one a few months ago.  I was impressed by everything but two things.  It wasn't very powerful and it made a terrible clunk when I stuffed the pedal to the floor.  

Overall it seemed well made and the soft opening tailgate was a real "wow" feature.  

I had  a hard on for one but felt the price was very stiff and the availability was quite spotty.  I ended up going a different route entirely but would still like to see a Dr2 model.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:33:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Welcome to the GM truck club. I love my GM
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:40:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yes it can be removed by the user. I checked before I bought. I'm going to leave it on for day to day driving because it supposedly gives you +1mpg on average.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's worth about 1.5 mpg on my Sierra, but I left it off because it drags curbs and the hump between ruts on the beach. Nice truck, post more pics!

Quoted:
I really loved my 04 with the 5cyl. She was a great truck. She died in battle though. I was making a left hand turn and had my signal on. The guy in the 3/4 ton with an 8" lift and like 38 inch tires decided he wanted to pass me at the same time and basically drove over the hood. He was doing around 75mph.
I'm sure the new ones are leaps better than mine though.
Congrats! That's a nice looking truck...

Whoa.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 1:41:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Great looking truck.  Been thinking about going for one of the twins.  At first I liked the looks of the Colorado more but now I think I'd go Canyon instead.  Im still several months away from making a purchase though.

You've had it for a few weeks.  Thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 11:49:07 AM EDT
[#19]
What do you think of it?  I want to get a bunch of them for our fleet trucks and i really want the diesel version next year
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 5:31:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Great looking truck.  Been thinking about going for one of the twins.  At first I liked the looks of the Colorado more but now I think I'd go Canyon instead.  Im still several months away from making a purchase though.

You've had it for a few weeks.  Thoughts?
View Quote

Great truck.  I miss the lateral room of my F-150 a bit but I think I have more overall room than I had before.  It handles nicely, gets damn good MPG for a truck Current average 20.3, most of my daily drive is hilly, curvy, rural roads.  On the highway I get 24 no problem.  It gets up and goes just fine but is a little sluggish on the lower end of the RPM scale.  The infotainment system is great.  I've never had one before so streaming music from my phone to the stereo with Bluetooth is awesome.

The built in wifi is a nice feature and works awesome as well.  $5 for 3 gigs of data.

Any specific questions you're looking to get answered?

Recent pictures since I got the running boards and bed liner installed.

Link Posted: 5/18/2015 2:31:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Thanks for posting the photos.  Which gen/year F150 did you come from?
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 5:05:08 PM EDT
[#22]
I traded in my 2012 F-150 XLT 4x4.

It was a great truck.  No way to get 2 car seats in the back of the supercab though.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 5:14:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Damn good looking truck.  I have a 2005 Colorado Z71 4x4 with the extended cab.  My wife and I have toyed with the idea of getting one of the new ones in a year or two.  I still love my old truck.  I have around 96,000 on it and just picked up a used ARE shell for $400.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 5:31:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Nice truck.  
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 5:35:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Looks good. But it seems to sit low for a 4WD/AWD with side steps. How much ground clearance?
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 6:23:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Very nice! I am waiting for the ZR2 model!
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 12:54:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Looks good. But it seems to sit low for a 4WD/AWD with side steps. How much ground clearance?
View Quote

17.3 degree approach angle, 19.8 breakover, 22.1 departure

Approach would be better without the front air dam but I'm leaving it on for now as it nets about 1.5 mpg and my typical drive doesn't involve a whole lot of offroad.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 12:57:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Very nice! I am waiting for the ZR2 model!
View Quote

Never heard of it.  Holy shit that looks nice!

Link Posted: 5/19/2015 10:06:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Looks good! If I ever get a promotion I'm getting a Cyber Gray All Terrain!

What part of the state are you in?
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 11:13:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Looks good! If I ever get a promotion I'm getting a Cyber Gray All Terrain!

What part of the state are you in?
View Quote

Warrensburg! You?
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 9:35:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Welp...   I couldn't wait "several months".  

Drove this home a couple of days ago:

Question on the bedliner, who did you go through and how much did it set you back?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top