Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/7/2015 8:44:07 PM EDT
Tired of my Vanilla '09 accord.  Granted it has never let me down other than brakes, oil and gas, but it's too damned boring for a 130mi daily drive.

Thinking of either a '12 Audi S4 or a '12-13 Charger SRT8.  I am leaning toward the Charger because of cheaper parts and me being able to fix minor things on my own.  The Audi is appealing with the Michigan winters, but I would likely be using shops to do maintenance.

Any one with personal experience they want to share?

Update 01/29

Found a 2014 SHO, 21k miles. $26500.   Dark Blue/Black Leather. No navigation or moonroof, but I like those deletions.

Drove nice, accelerates nice. Not an SRT type care, but I think it will serve me well for my commute.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 8:50:25 PM EDT
[#1]

Corvette

easy to work on, better than a Charger by far.

Link Posted: 1/7/2015 8:52:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Corvette

View Quote

Well,

If I could fit my 2 kids into it somehow, it would be perfect.  I guess I could stack them on mom's lap.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 8:52:10 PM EDT
[#3]
With that many miles, why not a Jetta TDI?

The way I drive, I get 42 mpg most of the time. It's got plenty of power and driving 120 miles a day, really saves on the diesel bill.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 9:32:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I got a 100 mile drive - fuck me with a rusted shovel at 130.

Only comment I have.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 9:39:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Tired of my Vanilla '09 accord.  Granted it has never let me down other than brakes, oil and gas, but it's too damned boring for a 130mi daily drive.

Thinking of either a '12 Audi S4 or a '12-13 Charger SRT8.  I am leaning toward the Charger because of cheaper parts and me being able to fix minor things on my own.  The Audi is appealing with the Michigan winters, but I would likely be using shops to do maintenance.

View Quote

Why not consider the current model V6 accord?  Relatively fast.  If handling is more important to you, there is the Mazda 6.

If you want a faster vehicle and better handling, you may want to look at an infiniti G37x. (aka Q40)

Link Posted: 1/7/2015 9:53:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Well,

If I could fit my 2 kids into it somehow, it would be perfect.  I guess I could stack them on mom's lap.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Corvette

Well,

ohh, well you didn't say you took them to work with you.

Link Posted: 1/7/2015 10:09:38 PM EDT
[#7]
well the charger comes in AWD even in the srt8 level.

cts-v if you like the vette but have to seat 4.

Link Posted: 1/7/2015 11:58:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Why not consider the current model V6 accord?  Relatively fast.  If handling is more important to you, there is the Mazda 6.

If you want a faster vehicle and better handling, you may want to look at an infiniti G37x. (aka Q40)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm afraid that I would regret not getting more performance. I like fast cars, but it has been a bit since I owned one.  The 2 I mentioned seemed like good combos of both.

Link Posted: 1/8/2015 12:18:13 AM EDT
[#9]
You'll spend a fortune in gas on an SRT-8 charger. Not much better mileage than a pickup truck. Doubly so since it would be so fun to put your foot into it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 9:29:03 AM EDT
[#10]

guys with auto trans and standard rear gears are getting 27 MPG interstate.  I've got the manual with 3:55's an get about 25 MPG interstate.  Back roads at 60 MPH I got 27.4 MPG

If you"re tall and have to push the seats back though, no leg room for the kids.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 10:46:26 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

My Mazda6, looks nice, handles well, but is nowhere near the performance the OP is looking for.  I have a 75 miles round trip commute every day so performance was not high on my list.  Reliability, gas mileage, and comfort were.  

OP what about the CTS-V Sport Cadillac?  TT 6 cyl, plenty of comfort and power and comes in a sedan.  If you are looking at AWD for the Michigan winters, why not a WRX?  Plenty fast, large aftermarket, and 4 doors.  

Link Posted: 1/8/2015 12:28:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'm afraid that I would regret not getting more performance. I like fast cars, but it has been a bit since I owned one.  The 2 I mentioned seemed like good combos of both.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But how does that compare to your fuel costs for a 130 mile drive?  

Quoted:
]My Mazda6, looks nice, handles well, but is nowhere near the performance the OP is looking for.  I have a 75 miles round trip commute every day so performance was not high on my list.  Reliability, gas mileage, and comfort were.  

OP what about the CTS-V Sport Cadillac?  TT 6 cyl, plenty of comfort and power and comes in a sedan.  If you are looking at AWD for the Michigan winters, why not a WRX?  Plenty fast, large aftermarket, and 4 doors.  

Sure, but when you are driving 130 miles each day, fuel economy matters.

And you would probably kill yourself if you had to drive 130 miles each day in a wrx.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 12:36:41 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

And you would probably kill yourself if you had to drive 130 miles each day in a wrx.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

]My Mazda6, looks nice, handles well, but is nowhere near the performance the OP is looking for.  I have a 75 miles round trip commute every day so performance was not high on my list.  Reliability, gas mileage, and comfort were.  

Indeed it does, but OP does not seem to care if he is considering a SRT8 or any performance car for that matter.  I have heard the new gen of WRX's have improved greatly on the interior.  However, I am not sure cause I have not seen the inside of a new one to judge.  I suggested due to the concern OP has over icy road conditions.  Good winter tires will go a long way though.  YMMV

Link Posted: 1/8/2015 2:19:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Indeed it does, but OP does not seem to care if he is considering a SRT8 or any performance car for that matter.  I have heard the new gen of WRX's have improved greatly on the interior.  However, I am not sure cause I have not seen the inside of a new one to judge.  I suggested due to the concern OP has over icy road conditions.  Good winter tires will go a long way though.  YMMV

View Quote

OP may not care now, but he surely will once gas goes back up into the mid ~$3 range or beyond.  Especially if he picks a vehicle that necessitates premium gas.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 3:53:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

OP may not care now, but he surely will once gas goes back up into the mid ~$3 range or beyond.  Especially if he picks a vehicle that necessitates premium gas.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh, I've had a WRX since 2008, paying for premium doesn't exactly break the bank.

Sometimes finding a gas station that has 91 or better can be a chore, though.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 4:01:55 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Meh, I've had a WRX since 2008, paying for premium doesn't exactly break the bank.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Been driving a car that takes Premium since 2005.  The difference in price between reg and premium isn't that steep.  I want to say it's less than $5 a fill-up, and I get about 28-35MPG on average  
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 5:18:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/ScottsGT/20141106_102454_zps26ivvz8g.jpg

guys with auto trans and standard rear gears are getting 27 MPG interstate.  I've got the manual with 3:55's an get about 25 MPG interstate.  Back roads at 60 MPH I got 27.4 MPG

If you"re tall and have to push the seats back though, no leg room for the kids.
View Quote

That is one of the things I laughed at hard in the 2015.

I am 6ft 4ish.   In my 95 Mustang and my 05 Mustang I have a tiny bit of room between the front and rear seats in normal driving position.

In the 2015, while the front room seems to be increased, the rear seats are a complete absolute joke.  Less room between front/rear in 2015 than either of my two cars.   Not that I care as the 95 is getting a rear seat delete kit and the 05 may wind up the same way eventually.

The 2015 has a beautiful interior that is for sure but just focus forwards.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 5:53:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks for the feedback.

As for MPG, as long as I can get into the mid 20's I am fine. I have been doing this commute since 1999 and have been through the highs and lows of gas prices. My 4 cyl accord only averages 26-27 running midgrade gas. Doing an average of 80 or so, I think it costs me some mpg on the Honda.

Link Posted: 1/8/2015 6:17:03 PM EDT
[#19]
09-15 CTS-V's are tanking in price with the annoucemenet of the 3rd generation CTS-V.

Now is a good time to buy.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 6:26:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Just remember this: Its more fun to drive a slow car fast, than it is to drive a fast car slow.

The forced-induction 2.0 motors look to be an absolute riot if you buy my way of thinking.

And regarding the "ECO-Boost" thing, its ECO or Boost.
At current gas prices, I'd be boosting that little bitch every time the guy in front of me gave me three car-lengths.

The big V8 cars are ballsy and all, but your opportunities to air them out will be few and far between unless you put them on the track.

I've found this thing to be a grin-maker.
V6 and 5-speed.
WOT through the first three gears. Feels like its going to hit warp speed. Look at speedometer. 47 mph.
How much trouble can I get with that?
Love rolling though the neighborhood speed traps in second gear... BBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH....BAH-BAH-BAAAAAAAhhhh!!!!

24 MPH.

Traded a SAR-1 AK for it.

Link Posted: 1/8/2015 6:28:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Just remember this: Its more fun to drive a slow car fast, than it is to drive a fast car slow.

The forced-induction 2.0 motors look to be an absolute riot if you buy my way of thinking.

At current gas prices, I'd be boosting that little bitch every time the guy in front of me gave me three car-lengths.

The big V8 cars are ballsy and all, but your opportunities to air them out will be few and far between unless you put them on the track.
View Quote

This is something that people with slow cars like to say.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 6:32:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't knock it until you've tried it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 6:34:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tried it.

Knocking it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 6:49:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Thanks for the feedback.

As for MPG, as long as I can get into the mid 20's I am fine. I have been doing this commute since 1999 and have been through the highs and lows of gas prices. My 4 cyl accord only averages 26-27 running midgrade gas. Doing an average of 80 or so, I think it costs me some mpg on the Honda.

View Quote

Out of curiosity, what would you say if I told you there were cars that could give you ~37-40mpg at that speed?
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 7:01:29 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I have, and its way more fun to drive a fast and badass car slow.

Link Posted: 1/8/2015 8:01:29 PM EDT
[#26]
WRX, I've had mine @18 months now. Fun to drive (5spd stick), 26.5mpg average over 34k miles, solid in winter conditions, and family of 5 fit fine. Stoplight launches in inclement weather are a blast.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 8:14:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Tried it.

Knocking it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tried it.

Knocking it.

I disagree with you charisma

A slow car is no replacement for a fast one.

But for the kind of driving a commute ends up at I have more fun roaring up an on ramp in 3rd turning 5200 rpm going 38mph like I was entering onto the mulsanne straight at LeMans over not daring to ever crack the throttle or revs over a third of the way to 11

Especially if the petals are spaced right for heel toe shifting and the handling is acceptable.

For a commute give me a buzz box to be reamed out or a road sofa or better yet a self driving car
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 10:43:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had fun at 90 MPH on at least 3 entrance/exit ramps alone today.  One or two yesterday.  You just have to be ballsy to show your balls!
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 2:58:10 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Tried it.

Knocking it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tried it.

Knocking it.
What's the matter there, Eeyore, your tail fall off again?

He's thinking the same thing as I was.  It's always fun to beat the nuts off a quick, nimble little car.

Sounds to me that OP needs something fun to drive, gets good mileage, has a enough room in it to drop kids off in and isn't going to be overly expensive to get into.  Whatever he gets, he'll have to run the wheels off of it because with the mileage he puts on it won't hold value

so it should be cheap from the onset.

I like the idea of WRX, maybe a Focus ST, Lancer Rallyart.  Something along those lines.  I wouldn't think 400hp pony car with rear wheel drive would work well, unless he keeps his car and runs it through the slush and potholes of Mich commuting while dreaming of his GT waiting for him at home.

Link Posted: 1/9/2015 3:05:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm not sure what to think about the new Mustang body style yet.  Sexy curves and sleepy headlights.  Maybe I feel bad for ogling the passed out hot chick/car?  Would be an okay way to go if you just wanted more oomph.    If you want a quiet comfortable ride get a Lexus.  They handle high miles well.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 3:08:02 AM EDT
[#31]
WRX
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 3:45:03 AM EDT
[#32]
130 miles/day? Damn. I'd be thinking a later model Lexus LS430 or LS460. Great highway comfort with decent power and mid-20's fuel economy on the highway. Whats the point of a sporty car if you're just gonna set the cruise control at 80 anyway?
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 10:10:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

No it doesn't.

AWD is only available in V6 or 5.7L Hemi variants.

AWD 300 (sister car) is only available in V6

SRT, AND SRT HELLCAT only available with RWD and 6.4NA or 6.2SC variants

I sell them
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 11:30:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

He's thinking the same thing as I was.  It's always fun to beat the nuts off a quick, nimble little car.

Sounds to me that OP needs something fun to drive, gets good mileage, has a enough room in it to drop kids off in and isn't going to be overly expensive to get into.  Whatever he gets, he'll have to run the wheels off of it because with the mileage he puts on it won't hold value

I like the idea of WRX, maybe a Focus ST, Lancer Rallyart.  Something along those lines.  I wouldn't think 400hp pony car with rear wheel drive would work well, unless he keeps his car and runs it through the slush and potholes of Mich commuting while dreaming of his GT waiting for him at home.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tried it.

Knocking it.

Thing is the WRX and Focus ST are not really "slow cars".    They can just as easily be driven fast or even faster in some scenarios than a larger car.   They are both fast and nimble possibly leaving one to be stupid in other ways than if driving a higher horsepower v8.

Morning commute has me seeing a little bit of fun with 2 on ramps where if there isnt a car in front of me I play with difference between carrying momentum and putting my foot in it.   Merging at the tail end of the on ramp provides a bit of fun with the acceleration before backing off to whatever freeway flow of traffic is.

The acceleration and V8 just isnt worth giving up.  No way in hell.   And if he is considering an SRT anything I am guessing he would feel largely the same unless whatever he gets is turbod.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:27:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's even more fun to pass all the Lamborghinis, Ferraris, and Audis on the White line while they are stuck in gridlock.

OP, I vote a WRX. All wheel drive, turbo, but you can also get decent mileage if you don't leave your foot in it. A friend of mine commutes 80 miles a day in his.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:34:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tried it.

Knocking it.

Praytell how having experience with something before knocking it, like the previous poster suggested I do, makes me akin to Eeyore?

This is just one of my previous slow-car-fast daily's:

I have lots of experience with the whole "slow car fast" concept; that MR2 Spyder essentially epitomizes it.  ~130hp high-revving 4cyl, RWD, manual, mid-engine, quick steering box, tiny wheel, two seats, and a hair over 2000lbs.   No matter how hard I drove it, it never got my jollies off.  Always too slow, not enough torque, not enough HP.   On-ramps were arduous, it didn't have the balls to power hard through turns, passing was nearly impossible, and any drive that took me up in altitude would eat this car's lunch.

After a year of being disappointed, I went and bought the Cadillac, my wife opted to drive the MR2.  The CTS-V does EVERYTHING the MR2 did much, much better.  

So again, a fast car fast is far more fun.  It wasn't just the Spyder, either; I've tried it with a Cobalt coupe, Scion tC, and WRX wagon.  The WRX got close to being as fun as a proper bally car to daily drive, but it still lacked.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 1:02:42 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Praytell how having experience with something before knocking it, like the previous poster suggested I do, makes me akin to Eeyore?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t31.0-8/256411_4268470588374_1445957794_o.jpg

I have lots of experience with the whole "slow car fast" concept; that MR2 Spyder essentially epitomizes it.  ~130hp high-revving 4cyl, RWD, manual, mid-engine, quick steering box, tiny wheel, two seats, and a hair over 2000lbs.   No matter how hard I drove it, it never got my jollies off.  Always too slow, not enough torque, not enough HP.   On-ramps were arduous, it didn't have the balls to power hard through turns, passing was nearly impossible, and any drive that took me up in altitude would eat this car's lunch.

After a year of being disappointed, I went and bought the Cadillac, my wife opted to drive the MR2.  The CTS-V does EVERYTHING the MR2 did much, much better.  

So again, a fast car fast is far more fun.  It wasn't just the Spyder, either; I've tried it with a Cobalt coupe, Scion tC, and WRX wagon.  The WRX got close to being as fun as a proper bally car to daily drive, but it still lacked.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tried it.

Knocking it.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t31.0-8/256411_4268470588374_1445957794_o.jpg

I agree with most of this.  "Slow cars" are fun to drive to a point.  However, coming out of a turn and getting on the gas, nothing beats that acceleration and feeling where the rear is right on the limit with a car with some HP and torque.  However, I don't know if I would consider the WRX a "slow car."

Once again, my vote, considering the OP's need for a car with the requirements specified, is the WRX.  It's got plenty of "balls" and would not be considered a "slow car."  It has decent gas mileage, AWD, and probably enough creature comforts that he won't hate it after driving in it for a day.  He also has plenty of options if he wants to add more performance as time goes on to boost his performance itch.  

Darkcharisma,

got any pics of your CTS V?  I am yearning for one and when I sell my house in a few months and move closer to work, I want to trade in my Mazda6 towards a 2010-2013 model.  

Link Posted: 1/9/2015 1:15:51 PM EDT
[#38]
I have a WRX, it is a really fun all weather car.

However, my back would never allow me to commute 100+ miles per day in one. My 06 is pretty stiff suspension wise, the newer ones might be more "compliant".

I have to drive 400 miles today, and I already hurt just thinking about it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 1:16:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I agree with most of this.  "Slow cars" are fun to drive to a point.  However, coming out of a turn and getting on the gas, nothing beats that acceleration and feeling where the rear is right on the limit with a car with some HP and torque.  However, I don't know if I would consider the WRX a "slow car."

Once again, my vote, considering the OP's need for a car with the requirements specified, is the WRX.  It's got plenty of "balls" and would not be considered a "slow car."  It has decent gas mileage, AWD, and probably enough creature comforts that he won't hate it after driving in it for a day.  He also has plenty of options if he wants to add more performance as time goes on to boost his performance itch.  

Darkcharisma,

got any pics of your CTS V?  I am yearning for one and when I sell my house in a few months and move closer to work, I want to trade in my Mazda6 towards a 2010-2013 model.  

View Quote

The problem with the WRX was likely attributed to the fact that I had been driving my V for so long, I always just expected it to act similarly.  It was a fast car once you got into boost, but to really feel like it had balls, you had to plant your foot up it's ass.  If you're doing that on a regular basis, might as well get something with more torque on tap anyway.

I've got a first generation:

The 09-15's are WAAAY down in price, on the heels of the 3rd generation annoucement.  Saw one for 28k just recently.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 2:15:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tried it.

Knocking it.

Not quite.

Budget btwn 30-40k. Likely used so someone else takes the depreciation hit.
Dont care about the mileage I drive depreciating it further. I drive cars usually until 200-250k and sell/trade them in.
Want comfortable, so likely rules out WRX, Focus ST and probably most small cars.

AWD would be nice, but not mandatory. Once again on MPG, I don't need a hypermiler. 23-28 is fine, less when mashing the pedal.

Just saw some reviews on the new Audi S3's but would want to wait until some hit the used market.
Although I have never bought a Government Motors car, the CTS -V is worth further review.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 2:20:46 PM EDT
[#41]
If it were me, in MI, I'd go with a Subaru Crosstrek XV, for the mileage, symmetric full-time AWD, and hatchback.

If you would rather have less fuel-efficiency and inferior AWD, but more power, then I agree with 501st:

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But if I were driving 130 miles a day in MI weather, I'd be more concerned with safety and handling on snow and ice than interior comfort and engine power.  It also depends on where in MI.  I'm more familiar with the UP, but from what I've seen, trolls need more help in winter conditions.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 2:35:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
If it were me, in MI, I'd go with a Subaru Crosstrek XV, for the mileage, symmetric full-time AWD, and hatchback.

If you would rather have less fuel-efficiency and inferior AWD, but more power, then I agree with 501st:

But if I were driving 130 miles a day in MI weather, I'd be more concerned with safety and handling on snow and ice than interior comfort and engine power.  It also depends on where in MI.  I'm more familiar with the UP, but from what I've seen, trolls need more help in winter conditions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Driving in snow is common, but if it is blizzard conditions, I don't go to work.  Looked up the crosstech.  Nothing compelling to make me change from the Honda I have.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 3:08:43 PM EDT
[#43]
You will be hard pressed make mid 20's mpg with the SRT8.  My 6 speed Challenger SRT8 was lucky to get 22 on the hwy in 6 gear at 60mph when it was stock.  

That being said, it is so comfy on long trips and the SRT only comes loaded for those model years.   You can easily fit your kids in the back seat as well.  Big trunk for emergency road stuffs for your long commute fit as well.  

The SRT does not come with a spare though.  

Link Posted: 1/9/2015 4:34:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Well it's certainly not in the same league as the Dodge or the Audi, but as a daily driver with good gas mileage and BALLS I recommend the '15 GMC Terrain with the 3.6L V-6. I just bought it last week and love it. I'm 6'3" and LBS (lets just say im not as fit as i used to be). I can even fit in the back seat comfortably. Now it's a V-6 when you put your foot in it IT Definitely Gets Out Of It's Own Way.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 10:40:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I'm not sure what to think about the new Mustang body style yet.  Sexy curves and sleepy headlights.  Maybe I feel bad for ogling the passed out hot chick/car?  Would be an okay way to go if you just wanted more oomph.    If you want a quiet comfortable ride get a Lexus.  They handle high miles well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea, right.  I've got an ES300 in the driveway eating me alive with problems.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 12:04:00 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
View Quote

All I meant is that you were all doom and gloom about the whole small car thing without really explaining why.  

Maybe I should have used a smiley or something.  Sorry, didn't mean to back you up or anything.
But I can see why you hold this position though.  You somehow got yourself into a balding, newly divorced, dentists car in that MR2.
I've always heard that the MR2 handled extremely well. They look good on paper, mid engined, light weight, etc. but like you said, they just don't have the torque.  If you noticed, anything I mentioned was TCed, which still takes some to get used to and you have to drive them differently to get the performance out of them.  Not like a v-8 car where the torque is just waiting for you to step on the throttle.

I too, was thinking something rally car like.

I'm with you with the caddy.  Great cars.  A friend of mine had one and loved it right up to the point he knocked some valves out of it.  But I think that was more the loose nut behind the wheel than the cars fault.  He was committing huge distances at that time and it was perfect for him.  My wifes Jaguar was still faster though.

Link Posted: 1/10/2015 3:16:37 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

All I meant is that you were all doom and gloom about the whole small car thing without really explaining why.  
Maybe I should have used a smiley or something.  Sorry, didn't mean to back you up or anything.

But I can see why you hold this position though.  You somehow got yourself into a balding, newly divorced, dentists car in that MR2.

I've always heard that the MR2 handled extremely well. They look good on paper, mid engined, light weight, etc. but like you said, they just don't have the torque.  If you noticed, anything I mentioned was TCed, which still takes some to get used to and you have to drive them differently to get the performance out of them.  Not like a v-8 car where the torque is just waiting for you to step on the throttle.

I'm with you with the caddy.  Great cars.  A friend of mine had one and loved it right up to the point he knocked some valves out of it.  But I think that was more the loose nut behind the wheel than the cars fault.  He was committing huge distances at that time and it was perfect for him.  My wifes Jaguar was still faster though.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In all honesty I think if I had more time with the WRX I would feel differently about it's power output.

I will say, at least the 06 I drove, was not particularly comfortable.  I think a couple hours in that seat at any given time was my limit.

Supposedly the new seats are better. I would check that out.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 4:46:14 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

No it doesn't.

I sell them
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No it doesn't.

I sell them

Glad you cleared that up as I thought that was the case. OP could get a SRT9 Jeep. AWD Hemi V8
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 3:20:23 PM EDT
[#49]
If you're looking for mid 2000s Trailblazer SS, mazdaspeed 3 or 6(awd), I'd push for a wrx but you don't like the interior.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 4:28:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
If you're looking for mid 2000s Trailblazer SS, mazdaspeed 3 or 6(awd), I'd push for a wrx but you don't like the interior.
View Quote

Looking at 2011-2013. Current car is an '09 and unless the new one is sweet and low mileage, no reason to go older.

Starting to shy away from the srt8 charger. Just saw the new RC models from Lexus. They may be sweet enough to make me wait until there are preowned examples.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top