Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Tacked Jeep Pics - Let's see em! (Page 24 of 60)
Page / 60
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 1:59:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine and neighbors Jeeps pulled out of shop to work on equipment.

Crazy how his jk on 40s makes my tj look like a budget lift on 33s.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 8:15:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By APPARITION:
Nice looking jeep.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By APPARITION:
Originally Posted By Highstand:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/295951/808C36C1-3ACB-43E5-8271-9239A34C1CBF-579166.JPG
New to me LJ rubicon. Hard and soft tops. All stock, just ordered a 2” lift for it going to run that until the new Tires that came on it wear down some. Not my daily driver so hope to keep the miles down. 2005 with 110,000.
Nice looking jeep.
Thanks, love the extra room of the LJ. Got a couple inches of lift and leveled it out some last weekend.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 12:52:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By BenP:
Mine and neighbors Jeeps pulled out of shop to work on equipment.

Crazy how his jk on 40s makes my tj look like a budget lift on 33s.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/78996/0D47C516-0C97-4BB5-B610-9449429B4B5C-585049.JPG
View Quote
From the picture it looks like your pretty close in belly height even though he has 40s that’s pretty cool. What size tires do you run on the tj
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 11:44:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 9:15:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BenP] [#5]
Originally Posted By Ef4life:

From the picture it looks like your pretty close in belly height even though he has 40s that's pretty cool. What size tires do you run on the tj
View Quote
Linked on 35s.

The jk is fun to take out because how big it is.  It's big.

Neighbor told me to take it to the gym and fuel it up a few weeks ago.

I backed in to a parking spot and a lifted f250 rolls in next to me.

The jk's roll bar was taller than his roof.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 9:21:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Here's my mall crawler (it's only a few months old):

Link Posted: 7/7/2018 12:32:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Went on a trip to Colorado
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 2:50:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 30Caliber] [#8]
Attachment Attached File

My 2015 Sport gettin' it done with 6 speeds.  I absolutely love this color (Tank)--every time you look at it, it's different.  Had to search quite a bit to find it when I got it new (JK sport, AC, hard-top, manual transmission)--dealer had to go get it 400 miles away.

My extensive list of mods:

Rubicon tires w/ TPMs removed (aired down to 15psi here so I can keep up with the big-boys in comfort and style)
Rubicon rock sliders (JKUR's actually, cut down to fit)
Superwinch 9500 Tigershark winch (used so far to pull a deer and once to get a stump out of the yard)
Chopped front factory bumper (cause the factory one just looked too damn wide for my taste)
Rough Country front floormats
USB outlets wired up to the rearview mirror
Rearview mirror flipped upside-down for impressive gain in front/rear visibility
Uniden CB with tuned Firestick, modified by my garage door for added flexibility
Superchips in play to make speed-o read right with bigger tires and to get rid of the TPMs nag
Door chime disabled
Hill start assist disabled
Black dog hair thoroughly distributed on the upholstery to protect it from mud

Doors removed for ass-kickin.

Got some dents in the armor and control arm mounts and the tailpipe now terminates in a crescent shape.  It's a beast--with the tires aired down and a decent spotter, it never ceases to amaze me.  Last year I went through a dirty hole deep enough to fill the passenger side footwell (which reminds me--I should cut holes in the carpet around the drain holes so that the carpet is less of a coffee filter next time).
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 3:23:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: N2CH_556] [#9]
Originally Posted By Boomer:
Needed to move a foosball table:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/2117/5F87F76D-5C03-4DB1-84C8-642584D21E93-570486.JPG
View Quote
Niiice.

Specs on the dag?  ETA: and the jeep  
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 4:33:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: k9barco] [#10]
That second photo looks like red canyon on the way to Bryce..... oops wrong post.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 12:27:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 9:09:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 1:53:42 PM EDT
[#13]
One of my favorite areas in Colorado.  Did you drop over Imogene from the Ouray side or the Telluride side?  
How much snow pack was on the North side trail?  Last time I was up there, it was even with the top of the Jeep where they'd cut through...and that was at the tail end of June!
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 2:03:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Repairman_Jack:

One of my favorite areas in Colorado.  Did you drop over Imogene from the Ouray side or the Telluride side?  
How much snow pack was on the North side trail?  Last time I was up there, it was even with the top of the Jeep where they'd cut through...and that was at the tail end of June!
View Quote
I ran Black Bear into Telluride and then Imogene back to Ouray.

July 2nd:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 2:09:54 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote
All I had was my prerunner during my trip to NM/CO/WY .... but got to go all over in my brothers Lifted FJ, to an especially nice fly fishing spot
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 2:11:45 PM EDT
[#16]
I installed an ARB twin compressor before my trip to Colorado. It’s dang nice to be able to air down for the trail and then back up for the highway trip back to town.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 2:21:28 PM EDT
[#17]
I installed an ARB twin compressor before my trip to Colorado. It’s dang nice to be able to air down for the trail and then back up for the highway trip back to town.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/2117/4EC9F999-63DA-4805-8041-72DE42E4FA20-603402.JPG
View Quote
I have the Viair 200psi system with tank. I need to do a better job of always having the hose with me though as I could have helped someone on the side of the road the other day if I had it.
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 2:21:48 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote
Thought about getting one of those. The alternative is co2 bottles.

How quick is inflation?
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 2:24:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Boom_Stick:

How quick is inflation?
View All Quotes

How quick is inflation?
Co2 is fastest but you have to deal with the tank. It’s a few minutes to get out the hose and air all 4 up with an onboard 12v system. A York compressor would be best but you pay for it.
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 2:51:56 PM EDT
[#20]

How quick is inflation?
View All Quotes

How quick is inflation?
About 5 or 6 minutes to get out the hose and air up all 4 295/70R17 tires from 14 psi to 30 psi at about 9,000 ft elevation.

I bought the compressor, the ARB tire deflator and the ARB air hose kit on eBay during their 20% off sale.

I like that the compressor tucks into the engine compartment. When going on long trips I often don’t have space for a bottle.
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 3:05:21 PM EDT
[#21]
About 5 or 6 minutes to get out the hose and air up all 4 295/70R17 tires from 14 psi to 30 psi at about 9,000 ft elevation.

I bought the compressor, the ARB tire deflator and the ARB air hose kit on eBay during their 20% off sale.

I like that the compressor tucks into the engine compartment. When going on long trips I often don’t have space for a bottle.
View All Quotes

How quick is inflation?

The ARB tire deflator is the best I’ve used. Highly recommend it.
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 4:04:57 PM EDT
[#22]

July 2nd:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/2117/4F851E53-4C5C-4752-BF62-01B4075FD51F-603389.JPG
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Repairman_Jack:

July 2nd:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/2117/4F851E53-4C5C-4752-BF62-01B4075FD51F-603389.JPG
 Yup!  That's where you're hoping none of that snow turns loose while you're wheeling.

The guy that makes the first pass with the plow through there must have balls of steel.
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 9:15:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jday] [#23]
View Quote
That's a badass picture.  What tires are those?  I'm surprised I don't recognize them.

ETA: Jeep/dag pic.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 9:52:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Jday:
That's a badass picture.  What tires are those?  I'm surprised I don't recognize them.

ETA: Jeep/dag pic.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/230525/IMG-2089-603814.JPG
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jday:

ETA: Jeep/dag pic.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/230525/IMG-2089-603814.JPG
Dick Cepek Extreme Country, great tires.

http://www.fourwheeler.com/product-reviews/1511-dick-cepek-extreme-country-mt-tire-test/
Link Posted: 7/13/2018 9:20:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JDennis] [#25]
Taken today.

Still need to get a single wheel adapter so I can mount the spare on the tire carrier, and need to get my rock sliders installed. Been procrastinating since there isn't many big rocks in Iowa, but then I hear about the box laying around and is a little heavy if she needs to move it.

Link Posted: 7/18/2018 2:46:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By LawyerUp:
Got some new goodies for the wife's jeep.  305/65/17 KO2s on mamba wheels. 1.75" leveling kit and smittybuilt side bars.  Also got new front and back bumpers and a new winch.  But the bumpers haven't arrived yet.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/277223/IMG-3756-239247.JPG
View Quote
Was going back in time and found this pic. I have the 305s BFGs on a 16 inch rim, but I didn't realize how ridiculously WIDE they looked until this pic. Love it!

Beach pic!
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 3:06:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By vanilla_gorilla:
Was going back in time and found this pic. I have the 305s BFGs on a 16 inch rim, but I didn't realize how ridiculously WIDE they looked until this pic. Love it!

Beach pic!
https://i.imgur.com/aSfdk2H.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LawyerUp:
Got some new goodies for the wife's jeep.  305/65/17 KO2s on mamba wheels. 1.75" leveling kit and smittybuilt side bars.  Also got new front and back bumpers and a new winch.  But the bumpers haven't arrived yet.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/277223/IMG-3756-239247.JPG

Beach pic!
https://i.imgur.com/aSfdk2H.jpg
We apparently have very different definitions of what WIDE means.
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 3:12:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: vanilla_gorilla] [#28]

View Quote
10-12 inches on a 16 inch rim is wide to me.

Maybe I'm just not as hard core as you.

Edit: My 305s show as a cross section of 12 inches. I measure them to be slightly more than 11 inches. Seems pretty wide to me, but I guess I'm just a poser.
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 3:33:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Boomer] [#29]

Maybe I'm just not as hard core as you
View All Quotes

I don’t understand what the diameter of the wheel has to do with how wide a tire appears, but whatever.

For a point of reference, the width of common offroad tires has typically been 12.50” for decades. 305s, 295s, 285s etc are all narrower options compared to that benchmark. Lately there have been a lot more options for somewhat tall and narrow tires.

The tires on your Jeep look good, very proportionate, not too wide.
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 3:40:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: vanilla_gorilla] [#30]
Whatever make you smile, I guess.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 4:06:05 AM EDT
[#31]
33-12.50s were considered wide when I was teen and new to offroading, 20 years ago. 35-12.50s were even a bit wide, and one would have had to go to 38s for a 12.50 to be the norm, then.

Like I said, maybe I'm not the badass offroader you are, but a 305 tire is wide in most applications outside of Greenland.

But whatever make you smile, I guess.
View All Quotes

I don't understand what the diameter of the wheel has to do with how wide a tire appears, but whatever.

For a point of reference, the width of common offroad tires has typically been 12.50" for decades. 305s, 295s, 285s etc are all narrower options compared to that benchmark. Lately there have been a lot more options for somewhat tall and narrow tires.

The tires on your Jeep look good, very proportionate, not too wide.
33-12.50s were considered wide when I was teen and new to offroading, 20 years ago. 35-12.50s were even a bit wide, and one would have had to go to 38s for a 12.50 to be the norm, then.

Like I said, maybe I'm not the badass offroader you are, but a 305 tire is wide in most applications outside of Greenland.

But whatever make you smile, I guess.
LOL, maybe it is more of a how people equip vehicles for the western US thing or something, but 33x12.50s were practically THE standard offroad tire 30 years ago when I bought my first CJ. They certainly were not “ridiculously WIDE” even way back then.
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 7:18:56 AM EDT
[#32]

Edit: My 305s show as a cross section of 12 inches. I measure them to be slightly more than 11 inches. Seems pretty wide to me, but I guess I'm just a poser.
View All Quotes

As a point of reference. My tires in these pictures are 12.5” wide on a 15 x 8 wheel, 8 is the width of my wheel.

Link Posted: 7/18/2018 3:11:37 PM EDT
[#33]
33x10.50 on 15x8. Just posted it for sale in the EE BTW. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 10:29:16 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

Like everyone said ive never had a tire thinner than 12.50. My f150 was 35x12.50 and my tj is 33x12.50. Alot lf guys are going much wider. My old bosses h2 had 35 ot 35x15.0. But they came with 35’s factory. Alot of other jeep guys are running 13.50. Diesel guys are running 37x13.50 with 4 inch lifts. They can run 35x12.50 with a level kit like most half tons after 05-07.
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 10:47:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Easy_E] [#35]
Originally Posted By SkeeterTZX:
33x10.50 on 15x8. Just posted it for sale in the EE BTW. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/337848/A127B60C-8A44-4D2E-940A-9C3E92FFBDFA-611901.JPG
View Quote
Running that exact same wheel tire combo
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 4:15:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Anyone run 285/75r18? I'm the only person I've seen running these on a jeep. Basically a 35" tire slightly narrower than 11.5". Run them on my JKU.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 5:39:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By mattjargon:
Anyone run 285/75r18? I'm the only person I've seen running these on a jeep. Basically a 35" tire slightly narrower than 11.5". Run them on my JKU.
View Quote
I'll be putting 285/75/17s on my stock rims once I get my lift installed.

I like a narrow tire, and not many options for us pizza cutter lovers other than super swampers.

You running wheel extensions?
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 9:17:58 AM EDT
[#38]

I like a narrow tire, and not many options for us pizza cutter lovers other than super swampers.

View All Quotes

Motivational pic, 285/75/17 on factory wheels
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 11:36:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Boomer] [#39]
View Quote
I have been considering moving up to that size or the slightly shorter 295/70R18 after my current 295/70R17s wear out since I want to stay with Nitto Ridge Grapplers and they don’t (yet?) offer them in a 35x11.50R17 like they do the Trail Grappler M/T. I like the height with a width that stays covered by the fenders. I would prefer to stay with a 17” wheel, but I guess I will cross that bridge if I have to.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 11:38:56 AM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

Did you get your sliders installed?

You are going with a 3.5” lift, right?
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 1:10:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Boom_Stick] [#41]
View Quote
Trying to decide what to do, currently they're sitting loosly on the jeep. LOD offroad can eat a bag of dicks. Their customer service and communication sucks. I cant really ship these back so they already have my money. The front pinch seam panels on both sides dont line up and are too far off to accept bolts. Im either going to lop them off entirely or have a fab shop reposition them correctly. Just dont want them riding up against the jeep unsecured and abrade, cause corrosion later, or smack the body.

Yep still going with the 3.5". Its been sitting on the shelf in my garage last 6 months. Yeah, im slow
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 1:23:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Boom_Stick] [#42]
Originally Posted By Hellafunctional:

Motivational pic, 285/75/17 on factory wheels
https://i.imgur.com/jrqD15vm.jpg
View Quote
@Hellafunctional
Looks good! Stayed inside the wheel well too. Got a side pic?

Lift? Use wheel spacers?
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 1:35:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 3:17:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Trying to decide what to do, currently they're sitting loosly on the jeep. LOD offroad can eat a bag of dicks. Their customer service and communication sucks. I cant really ship these back so they already have my money. The front pinch seam panels on both sides dont line up and are too far off to accept bolts. Im either going to lop them off entirely or have a fab shop reposition them correctly. Just dont want them riding up against the jeep unsecured and abrade, cause corrosion later, or smack the body.
View All Quotes
That really sucks, sorry to hear it. Got any pics of what is going on?
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 5:08:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Keeping it under the flares is overrated - no flares is more betterer
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 5:15:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: unclemoak] [#46]
Took the '49 out for a spin last weekend. It's getting new brakes this week.

Link Posted: 7/21/2018 5:22:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By unclemoak:
Took the '49 out for a spin last weekend. It's getting new brakes this week.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e398/unclemoak/B69C6F5E-E4B2-4F67-B499-B567AC7FC947.jpg
View Quote
Love it, I want to add a cj2a to the stable soon.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 5:43:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Boom_Stick] [#48]
View Quote
It does suck, because for $800+ these should fit perfectly.
It looks like this on both sides, whether sitting loose or everything torqued down. It actually sits a little lower than this when everythings torqued.  But Ive tried everything; using a jack, moving it around, deleting certain bolts, etc.... Those holes wont even get close to fitting bolts through. The pics may not do well showing the problem, but the panels are sitting too low and out/away from the pinch seam. To drill matching holes I'd have halfmoons and would need to bend the pinch seam outwards towards the part. I aint doing that.

I even sent these pics to their sales dept and one of their designers. Crickets.
Last I heard from them they would accept return, if I managed to get them boxed up. I had questions about shipping, called twice and emailed again. Nothing.
I'm just going to fix it myself and when people ask "hey man, whered you get those sliders" it'll be an opportunity to tell them my experience with LOD Offroad.

Attachment Attached File

Inboard side

Outboard side
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 8:49:48 PM EDT
[#49]
View All Quotes
Having some LOD stuff... they make a good product, but my first experience with their CS was my last.

My advice, if you like their stuff, is to put someone between you and them. My last order went through Northridge4x4 (which is bigger now than it was then) and THEY dealt with the LOD crappy CS for me.

They just don't tell you anything; and you'll get your shit eventually. They do respond, but they take their #$%&ing time about it. The advantage to having Northridge4x4 in the middle was that while they'll ignore a customer, they really won't ignore a really big customer. Plus, at least Northridge would have taken stuff back and dealt with it with LOD.

That said... it's a really solid product; or at least my TJ stuff has been.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 8:53:10 PM EDT
[#50]
After one more tree induced dent, I decided it's time to armor up the front a bit more. New bumper !

Oh, and tires inside the flares suck.

Page / 60
Tacked Jeep Pics - Let's see em! (Page 24 of 60)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top