Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2014 3:00:15 AM EDT
Can anyone confirm for me that with a passenger riding shotgun you can fit two Pelican 1750 cases in a 4 door Jeep Wrangler with the hard top on and the cases not sticking out somehow?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:09:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Sure, fold the back seat down.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:15:44 AM EDT
[#2]
4 Door Wranger...

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:23:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I Can confirm that you can.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:42:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Easy.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 2:30:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not sure about exactly where you want to place them- but- I have a 4 door 09. Part of my customization process involved me removing the driver's side rear seat section (the smaller part). This frees up a bunch of room for big pelicans and the like so that they can extend from the cargo area and beyond. The remaining section still leaves room and seat belts to accommodate 2 people (if they aren't huge) which is still one more than a pickup cab (3 passengers total). If you have a family of five, this may not work for you though.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:43:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks everyone.  I found this info online:

Went out and got some numbers for you. Hope this helps in your decision!

66" from the inside wall of the tailgate to the rear of the front drivers seat (seat fully to the rear)
42" interior height of hardtop to floor at rear cargo area
59" cargo area width from inside edge of "bedrail to bedrail"
61" interior hardtop width from window to window
43" cargo area width between rear fenders
36.5" cargo area width at factory subwoofer
47" width of factory rollbar at rear cargo area
36" height of factory rollbar from cargo floor.

Edit: These measurements taken on an '08 JK Unlimited X w/ hardtop and all factory panels, carpets, seats, etc in place.
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top