Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2014 2:20:32 PM EDT
I have a black 2007 Tahoe and I bent the shitty plastic bumper during all the snow we had by parking it nose-in at my Dad's house, and into the stacked 4"x4" parking space border he has there. It's creased up and I can't get it straight, so I have decided that maybe a steel bumper would be good.

Has anyone found a brand & model that works well and doesn't necessarily look like you're gearing up for the Paris-Dakar 1000?
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 4:10:27 PM EDT
[#1]
FabFours makes a nice looking bumper that you can get without a grill guard. It still kind of looks like one of those beefy bumpers you may not want. Not many of these places seem to offer bumpers without giant grill guards.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 4:13:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 4:59:00 PM EDT
[#3]
That FabFours bumper is SUPER BEEFY, but all they have is a winch bumper and I don't have any intention of putting a winch on this truck. I appreciate the link though.

The Lund bar looks...interesting. Doesn't help me get rid of the ganked up look of what I have now though.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 6:47:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Buckstop
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:26:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Buckstop
View Quote
I love my Dodge version

Link Posted: 4/14/2014 6:54:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Buckstop
View Quote

I'll third the motion. I plan on getting one for my Toyota Tundra er Nissan Titan.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 1:51:52 PM EDT
[#7]
It looks like the Buckstop bumpers are all winch bumpers. I don't want a winch on my Tahoe, or a grille guard either.

I'm looking for something more low profile.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:21:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Anybody ever heard of these guys? http://www.tacticalarmorgroup.com

I like the looks of the "A" style, and their menu system to add only the things you want.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:17:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Anybody ever heard of these guys? http://www.tacticalarmorgroup.com

I like the looks of the "A" style, and their menu system to add only the things you want.
View Quote

Looks nice

Checked out ARB?  I hear they make some nice bumpers.

After my second major animal collision left me stranded in the middle of nowhere at -10 degrees, I wound up fabbing my own.  Bought the steel' chop saw  and MIG welder for less than many of the custom setups out there.  Looks goofy as hell on  My Camry though.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:30:26 PM EDT
[#10]
That's like truck nuts, for the front.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:01:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Nothing is gonna be light weight until you start looking at pre-runner tube bumpers.  Iron Cross, Iron Bull, Fab Fours, Road Armor, ARB, etc. are all going to be 400+ lbs.

imho I would take the Fab Fours design, remove the upper portion, use thinner steel, "delete" a few panels and have a shop cut and weld it together.  You can do the whole thing exact with cardboard then drop that off somewhere for cutting/welding.

I've always liked N-Fab's approach:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top