Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2012 5:51:02 AM EDT
Only 4450 miles on it.

This is my second thread I've posted about my new truck with problems.  First it was an electrical issue that could not be duplicated and the dealer couldn't do anything about it.  Now I had a P0300, 304, 305, and 306 (misfires on cylinders 4, 5, and 6) and a CEL obviously.  I got the blinking CEL when I was nearing the end of a 940 mile road trip from NH to SC.  I was cruising at about 70 on the interstate and accellerated around a semi with about 3/4 throttle.  It downshifted to 3rd, and I had no power.  The truck started vibrating pretty bad.  I came off the throttle, it vibrated when I tried to accellerate lightly.  I kept off the throttle for a few seconds and the CEL became solid, the truck started working normally.

My remote start wouldn't work either, it would just honk at me one time.  All doors closed, hood closed, doors locked, ect.

I am not impressed.

Of course all the dealer did was clear the codes, and "reset some peramiters of the PCM."  The remote start worked fine for them.

I am documenting everything and have a couple videos to back it up.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 7:01:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like you got a lemon, I have the same truck and haven't had any issues at all.     Hopefully your dealer or corporate will make it right, good luck.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 7:42:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like the inter-cooler issue that is pretty common. Ford is putting a new one in the 2013 Ecoboosts, so there should be a fix coming for the 11 and 12 models. Make sure your dealer fixes it before the warranty expires.

As for the remote, it may need a battery. For some reason, my remote start doesn't work when the battery gets low. There's still enough juice to lock/unlock, but the remote start doesn't function. And it will sometimes work intermittently when the battery is low.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 7:58:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Sounds like the inter-cooler issue that is pretty common. Ford is putting a new one in the 2013 Ecoboosts, so there should be a fix coming for the 11 and 12 models. Make sure your dealer fixes it before the warranty expires.

As for the remote, it may need a battery. For some reason, my remote start doesn't work when the battery gets low. There's still enough juice to lock/unlock, but the remote start doesn't function. And it will sometimes work intermittently when the battery is low.

Do you have a link to this TSB?

I'd like to get this done as well and  I know dealers don't like to fix things if there are no signs of any problems.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 8:23:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Do you have a link to this TSB?
I'd like to get this done as well and  I know dealers don't like to fix things if there are no signs of any problems.

My truck isn't an Ecoboost, so I haven't kept up with it a lot. But there's a lot of info in This Thread on F150forum.com. I think the TSB info is in there too.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 10:28:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Ford's "fix" is to block off a portion of the intercooler with a plate.

Link Posted: 10/4/2012 10:32:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ford's "fix" is to block off a portion of the intercooler with a plate.

Are you talking about the deflector plate they've been installing lately? That is just a short term fix for the 11 and 12 trucks. From what I understand, the 13's are getting a completely new intercooler, and they will be replacing the 11-12 intercoolers with the new version under warranty as needed. If I had an Ecoboost, I would make sure mine got replaced for free before the warranty expired.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 5:02:22 PM EDT
[#7]
There may still be some codes in the computer. My GM remote start won't work with a CEL, and I wouldn't be surprised if Ford does something similar.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 5:07:30 PM EDT
[#8]
We used to install a pop off valve on the bottom of the intercooler for just this reason.  Any oil, water or other liquid is flushed out every throttle lift. Simple fix, and I'd consider it in this case. It can be done quite easily.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top