User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 9:52:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By djkest:

I am going to quote this because I think he did a great job of summarizing the situation.

Married? Have kids? If the answer is no to both, you might be able to move around a bit to find better employment. What are your skills, what are your passions?
View Quote

Not married, no kids. I've done work as a painter, landscaper and laborer. I got hurt some years back that made doing that work not possible. It's taken years to be about 80 percent, I powerlift and have even started running recently but doubt I'd last a full day crawling on my hands and knees or hanging off a ladder. None of those jobs paid well anyway, at least at the places I worked. I don't have any passions. I'm far too defeated and depressed for that shit.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 10:51:48 AM EDT
[#2]
That last line is easily perceived by the outside world.  Find some enthusiasm for life and for your current employment.  That enthusiasm will become perceived by the outside world.  That can lead to opportunities in itself...

Start hawking things thru Ebay and Amazon.  Find stuff at local garage sales or used stores.  Refinish furniture and resell.  Tons of ways to improve your situation.  Don't invest in other peoples pyramid schemes though.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 11:01:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bladeswitcher] [#3]
Originally Posted By MAbowhunter:

Not married . . .
View Quote

Well, there's your problem. I realize this won't be a popular opinion, but having two incomes in the family would make a big difference.

I recommend you marry a rich woman.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 11:41:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Do you have any skills you could put on your resume for Eversource?  Working for them is a golden ticket.  They often post some low level jobs, but once you're in you can get the training to move on to higher paying gigs.  Can't hurt to apply for high school level jobs.

It's impossible to pass on resumes for people, I've tried.  I would help you out if I could.

They also have a associates degree school at Bunker High that is pretty much a garauntee to get in if you complete it.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 10:17:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jday] [#5]
OP, here's one of the most thorough personal finance flowcharts I've seen.  Hopefully the image comes through clearly enough.

ETA:  Here's the link, having trouble posting high res on mobile.  https://i.imgur.com/lSoUQr2.jpeg

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/6/2024 11:28:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By dogtired:
 Don't invest in other peoples pyramid schemes though.
View Quote

Great advice, as pyramid schemes are everywhere.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 11:34:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Jday:
OP, here's one of the most thorough personal finance flowcharts I've seen.  Hopefully the image comes through clearly enough.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/230525/IMG_4929_jpeg-3150864.JPG
View Quote

Not legible. Do you have a link?
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 1:19:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By djkest:

Not legible. Do you have a link?
View Quote
Updated my post above to include the link.  I believe the image originated in the Reddit personal finance board.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top