Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 7:13:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By captainpooby:

Wrong.

View Quote

@captainpooby

Is there a specific ETF or a single miner’s stock you think is the best option? And why?

Link Posted: 2/1/2024 8:23:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By mnew007:

@captainpooby

Is there a specific ETF or a single miner’s stock you think is the best option? And why?

View Quote

The simplest way is to buy SRUUF, the Sprott physical uranium fund and make money off the rise in price of uranium. There is no telling how high the price will go. For more torque, buy URNJ, the junior miner ETF. The price of miners is lagging spot but is going to catch up eventually.
I hold about 20 different miners but if I had put all that money in SRUUF at the beginning I’d be way ahead today. I hold a lot of SRUUF too. Going forward I’m betting the miners outrun spot soon.
You know how they say diversify? I am 86% uranium in my portfolio. I believe in this thesis that much. I sold all my “safe” bonds in September and plowed it into SRUUF. I’m up 50% on that money already.
It’s super risky and super volatile but the rewards are huge.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 3:53:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Bought a small position of SRUUF today. Let's see....
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 4:48:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: captainpooby] [#4]

If that happens, no more uranium from Kazatomprom. KAP is 75% owned by the Kazakh sovereign wealth fund. In related news, uraniumstocks are down on this news.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-02-05/kazakh-president-taps-interim-premier-after-government-resigns
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 7:54:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: juslearnin] [#5]
I have been going back-and-forth with all of my money in SRUUF versus split 50-50 with URNM.  All the experts say that the mine stocks are lagging significantly behind, and should experience the same jump that the spot price has. I have decided to put everything in SRUUF until I see the mine stocks consistently gaining over a week or two at a higher daily percentage rate than SRUUF is. Then I will start to move my money back and try to catch the “Second wave“.

If there is a panic triggered by something like political unrest in Kazakhstan, I would think that SRUUF would jump quickly, and significantly due to emotion as much as rational thought.

Also, the Junior stock fund (URNJ) does not include kazatomprom so if something like this rumored take over happened, one would think that Junior stocks would jump significantly due to the uncertainty about availability of uranium from Kazakhstan.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 11:56:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: captainpooby] [#6]
This market is brutal.

Having said that, here is a production roadmap for near term producers. These companies are likely to move first. Use at your own risk, I do not vouch for the accuracy of it.

Interesting chart on catalysts that may move the market in the near term. Use at your own risk, I do not vouch for the accuracy of it.

Link Posted: 2/22/2024 10:54:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eracer] [#7]
A little outside the topic (but still relevant.)

I'm about 3 years from retirement.  I have a 401k with a mix of stocks, funds and cash in a money market.

I'm considering doing one of four things with the cash.

1. Put it in a CD to take advantage of today's interest rate (compared to a money market.)

2. Put it in some mutual funds with a good 5-yr. record.

3. Keep the cash to be able to take advantage of a big market downtown, like I did with the COVID panic.  I bought some great stocks at artificially depressed costs.  Or keep it in case I need to borrow some for unanticipated major home repairs.

4. Put it into a couple ETFs that have some volatility (like the ones mentioned here. I think I agree with the 5 year outlook on uranium prices.)

I know the common wisdom says that at my age I should only be looking at less risky investment vehicles.

But I look back at 2006, when the ARFcom wizards said to buy gold.  It skyrocketed from $500/oz. to $1,700/oz in 5 short years, and of course is even higher now.

Uranium is tempting me.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 11:11:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By eracer:
A little outside the topic (but still relevant.)

I'm about 3 years from retirement.  I have a 401k with a mix of stocks, funds and cash in a money market.

I'm considering doing one of four things with the cash.

1. Put it in a CD to take advantage of today's interest rate (compared to a money market.)

2. Put it in some mutual funds with a good 5-yr. record.

3. Keep the cash to be able to take advantage of a big market downtown, like I did with the COVID panic.  I bought some great stocks at artificially depressed costs.  Or keep it in case I need to borrow some for unanticipated major home repairs.

4. Put it into a couple ETFs that have some volatility (like the ones mentioned here. I think I agree with the 5 year outlook on uranium prices.)

I know the common wisdom says that at my age I should only be looking at less risky investment vehicles.

But I look back at 2006, when the ARFcom wizards said to buy gold.  It skyrocketed from $500/oz. to $1,700/oz in 5 short years, and of course is even higher now.

Uranium is tempting me.
View Quote

You don't have to do only one thing.

Take 1/4 put it into laddered cd's/treasuries. Take 1/4 keep it in MMF 5% plus ain't bad. Take 1/4 and call it your fun pile, make some plays on uranium or whatever else random thing you want to effectively gamble on, such as Fidelity Semi Conductor Fund. Take 1/4 and invest it in solid companies/indexes such as Vangard Dividend index, or Exxon Mobile, Altria, etc.
I do have a variety of stocks generating 7-10% dividend with some growth potential, to try and beat market returns, and MMF's. However, I monitor this like a hawk and I'm not betting the house on it. Just wanted something else to do than total market funds/mmf all the way.
Point being total market strategy is overall the safest/best I think.

But now you are trying to figure out how to generate returns, and preserve your capital.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 2:26:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 10:38:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Cold:

Any thoughts on URA or NLR?
View Quote

I’m moving some of my URA to URNJ. I think going forward the juniors will outperform. I don’t know anything about NLR.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 7:49:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheWellGuy] [#11]
@captainpooby
You going to keep updating?

As of March 20, 2024, uranium was trading at $91, which is a 16-year high. This is due to a structural supply deficit, with uranium miners and physical uranium outperforming other commodities and broad asset classes over the long term. For the five years ending February 29, 2024, the U3O8 spot price has increased 239.29%, compared to 18.81% for the broader commodities index.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 6:47:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By TheWellGuy:
@captainpooby
You going to keep updating?

As of March 20, 2024, uranium was trading at $91, which is a 16-year high. This is due to a structural supply deficit, with uranium miners and physical uranium outperforming other commodities and broad asset classes over the long term. For the five years ending February 29, 2024, the U3O8 spot price has increased 239.29%, compared to 18.81% for the broader commodities index.
View Quote

Sorry, haven’t been on the board for a while and I kinda thought people had lost interest.

It’s a tough commodity to be invested in if you don’t have the stomach, the volatility can be gut wrenching. I’ve been putting money in since 2020 and these pullbacks are getting tiresome. The macro thesis is stronger than ever though.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 11:19:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Anybody know what’s going on with Energy Fuels / UUUU?  It’s the only uranium stock I held onto since last fall and it’s really crapped the bed. Probably has the best PE of anything in my fun money account and has the worst performance.  I’ll admit I’ve been slacking on my DD cause I’ve been watching other, larger positions like a hawk recently.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 11:27:32 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm WAY up on URA but sold at 30 for nice years worth of fun.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:39:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mike_48] [#15]
Denison Mine Corp (DNN) is rated a strong buy by Zacks. Not sure how they arrive at that but thought I would post it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:42:30 AM EDT
[#16]
So what is the prognosis for URNM? I'm only down a few percentage since I purchased and noticed even URA hasn't seen much improvement this quarter.

Not planning on closing my position, just curious how long these take to spin up?
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:48:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Mike_48:
Denison Mine Corp (DNN) is rated a strong buy by Zacks. Not sure how they arrive at that but thought I would post it.
View Quote

I bought a bunch of DNN early 2023 and have been little bits here and there. I’m up 43% so far. CCJ also has been killing it for me.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 11:38:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Procat:
Anybody know what’s going on with Energy Fuels / UUUU?  It’s the only uranium stock I held onto since last fall and it’s really crapped the bed. Probably has the best PE of anything in my fun money account and has the worst performance.  I’ll admit I’ve been slacking on my DD cause I’ve been watching other, larger positions like a hawk recently.
View Quote

UUUU is a bit of a head scratcher, they just recently restarted their Mesa mill and put their first cake in a can. They actually have cash flow as opposed to most others in the sector. Some folks are saying they've over promoted their REE component at the expense of their uranium production. Red Cloud has an $11 target price on them. I don't know.
https://redcloudresearch.com/energy-fuels-inc-tsxefr-2023-financial-results-outline-record-annual-net-income/

Originally Posted By Mike_48:
View Quote

Denison's Pheonix deposit is 56 million lbs that they can mine at $16 a pound. When they start producing, they will be printing cash.

Originally Posted By PointBlank82:
So what is the prognosis for URNM? I'm only down a few percentage since I purchased and noticed even URA hasn't seen much improvement this quarter.

Not planning on closing my position, just curious how long these take to spin up?
View Quote

Up.

Not a bad week for U stocks. Let's hope we can continue this next week and that the whole market doesn't take a shit.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top