Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2017 11:17:28 PM EDT
Been playing with cbl I figured $7 was around the floor so I bought it.  Normally I'm a stiff buy and hold because if I didn't like it I wouldn't buy it, but I'm not married to cbl.  I have watched it go up and down for a couple weeks and decided to flip it if I could make $150 and only buy back if it was good.  Made about $330 after taxes and for me this is a unique situation.   Not a ton of money but I have 3k in it.  I can see how people get addicted to day trading and go broke.  I can also see how pro traders want volatility and lots of it, they can make a killing.  We shall see how it goes and I dont plan on making it a habit.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 11:32:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I do it all the time.  I'm currently sitting on 100s of positions...waiting to "flip" them.

Some (like CSCO, INTC, HD and of course VOO) I've held for decades...I'm going to have to sell them one of these days...when Im 70-½ I guess.

Oh, well...my INTC pays me ~$15,000/year while I wait...can't wait to unload it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 12:38:11 AM EDT
[#2]
If you ever want to short a stock, I'll let you know if I ever buy one again.

It never failed when I used to buy single stocks, it would drop 10% within two days, and sit at that level for months. As soon as I dump it, 52 week high within one day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top