Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2017 6:51:54 PM EDT
Looking to diversify my IRA a bit more and not be in ETFs so much. Curious as to what stocks folks are keeping an eye on and/or buying now and why.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 8:26:55 PM EDT
[#1]
There are some restaurant brands that are on the decline, and inevitably will shut down, if you're adventurous.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 10:41:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Qualcomm att and Coke I am watching right now.   I wish att had dropped to 36 but didn't happen.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 10:45:18 PM EDT
[#3]
FNF - they are going to split out another company - so it will be unlocking some value in the third quarter.

Red
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 10:56:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Looking to diversify my IRA a bit more and not be in ETFs so much. Curious as to what stocks folks are keeping an eye on and/or buying now and why.
View Quote

i've just re-read your quote above for the 7th time and i still can't figure out what you are trying to do.

you want to "diversify your IRA" away from ETFs but next you are asking about what individual stocks folks are buying?
you do realize that in general an individual stock will have more risk than (for example) an ETF built to track the S&P500?
so how is going in that direction anything resembling "diversifying"?

perhaps you could start by telling us

1) what sort of ETFs you currently hold
2) what sort of performance you expect from your portfolio
3) what sort of risk you are willing to accept
4) what your current asset allocation is (stocks vs bonds vs cash)
5) what your age is

otherwise, without the above information folks here are just deer hunting in the dark.
and correspondingly, you will likely not get any value-added investment suggestions.  

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 11:01:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Oil stocks.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 12:32:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Do you plan on at least buying 25 stocks in varying sectors and market caps and then verifying their correlation?
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 9:32:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I've been buying about 500 different stocks. Roughly twice a month. Fortunately, there's an easy way to group them together and buy them all at once.

VOO

Link Posted: 5/16/2017 8:43:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Investing in well diversified funds at the moment.

Mainly stacking cash and waiting for the next recession
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 12:31:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

you want to "diversify your IRA" away from ETFs but next you are asking about what individual stocks folks are buying?
you do realize that in general an individual stock will have more risk than (for example) an ETF built to track the S&P500?
so how is going in that direction anything resembling "diversifying"?
View Quote
This was my exact thought too when reading his post.

OP - no offense but based on your opening comment and lack of financial sophistication, you are the perfect example of someone who should stick with ETFs and stay far, far away from investing in individual stocks. Unless you just like gambling...and losing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top