Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2017 6:38:15 AM EDT
I have a farm.  I rent barn space to a coworker so he can work on his vehicle projects.  The income is $1,200/year.  Do I claim that on my Schedule F or as personal income?  My preference is to claim it on the Schedule F because I want to show more revenue, but I need to claim it where it belongs.

Thank you!
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:22:05 AM EDT
[#1]
what $1200??

not a pro,,done my own taxes for 40 years including rental properties thinking there is a line for rental income.
but it's been 5 years since I held any rental properties..
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:24:12 AM EDT
[#2]
The farm is already a pretty big tax savings so I don't want to hide income because I have fairly large expenses for a new operation and almost no revenue.  If I can claim this on a schedule F I want to in order to be able to show more income.
Without the farm I wouldn't have the barn to rent, but the work being done under the rental is not agricultural.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:51:48 AM EDT
[#3]
doing my taxes as I type. under income you will see a rental income option.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top