Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2017 4:40:48 PM EDT
Anyone purchase the 2017 Silver Kugerand? I think the price is a little steep, but at the moment I'm 50-50 about purchasing one or two. I think the price of the coin will eventually go up, but what do you folks think?
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 5:40:11 PM EDT
[#1]
an ounce of silver is worth spot, maybe a couple bucks over for Eagles, Krugerands etc.

If you think it will be a "collectible" then go for it.  I buy silver for silver, not for some perceived collectors value.

I found one I think for $60.  I can buy 3 oz of Eagles for that.  

If you like collectibles, I have a Franklin Mint set of collectible silver rounds I can let you have at $60 each :)
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 9:46:54 PM EDT
[#2]
$60 seems pretty high. Might buy one just to have it, but wouldn't hope to get purchase price back.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 11:16:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought one of the 70's for the $129. Yeah, most will call me retarded, but I buy them to collect as well as the spot value so there is that. Worst case I'm out $100, best case is that the collectable value holds.

I've wasted much more on much less in my youth. YMMV.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 9:33:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Id would buy some for about half of the asking price.
No way at $60 per coin.
At that price might as well double down and buy a graded coin.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top